Default Thread Drift: Gotham TV Series

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    I wish we can finally have the detective side of Batman shown. Out of all the live action adaptations there hasn't really been a Batman that has shown his detective capabilities. Yeah Batman's a good fighter and we've seen that but he's also a good detective so show us that. Hopefully Benny would bring us that part of Batman that we haven't seen
    Something like that would be best suited for a mini-series or television show. Instead, we get one focusing on Gordon.
    Life is but a dream

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    Something like that would be best suited for a mini-series or television show. Instead, we get one focusing on Gordon.
    Thats what they want us to think

Thats what they want us to think
    DUN DUN DUN

if the series is successful, they will probably focus more on Bruce. But I guarantee you the last shot of the show will be our first look at Batman.
    Life is but a dream

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    DUN DUN DUN

if the series is successful, they will probably focus more on Bruce. But I guarantee you the last shot of the show will be our first look at Batman.
    I guarantee Gordon will be reduced to supporting character status the minute Bruce reaches his teen years.

I imagine if the ratings are disappointing, they'll just wimp out and bring Bruce Wayne into the regular cast.

Bruce in his teen years is nothing...it isnt like he will be training to be Batman. At best he would be an amateur detective running around Gotham. Personally I am pumped for the show because Batman wont be in it until the end and we get to see a version of Gordon that isnt just a cop good enough to help Batman. This will show us why Batman needs him!

Someone needs to tweet Snyder we want more pics!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dhandler01 View Post
    Bruce in his teen years is nothing...it isnt like he will be training to be Batman. At best he would be an amateur detective running around Gotham. Personally I am pumped for the show because Batman wont be in it until the end and we get to see a version of Gordon that isnt just a cop good enough to help Batman. This will show us why Batman needs him!

Someone needs to tweet Snyder we want more pics!
    Until then though the show needs to convince the audience that Gordon can solve crimes without Batman

Until then though the show needs to convince the audience that Gordon can solve crimes without Batman
    That's sort of an uphill battle with these prequel-type stories. If you're at all versed in Batman and Gotham lore, you already know what the answer ultimately will be: Gotham will overwhelm Gordon, and eventually Batman will be needed.

Well he isnt going to be solving Batman level crimes...he is solving basic stuff with familiar names in it at least for a few years. Basically this is Law and Order: Gotham City where Gordon is the young new detective and Bolluck is Lenny Briscoe

I am guessing lots of comic fans will be mad for a while but the general audience wont think twice. If the show is interesting they will like it. If not Fox will cancel it.

So I was reading the Batffleck Suit thread in the Batman forum and they said something about the Jokers face in one of the tires...whats that about?