Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Absolute Sandman.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

First hardcover in general was the Image Comics 20th Anniversary book that was (finally) released in 2005.

First hardcover in terms of collecting a series of issues was Spawn: Origins Collection - Book 1 in 2010.
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

TMNT ultimate collection vol 2. Almost two years ago. And i still didnt pick any other volume. What a slowpoke)

Amazing Member

My first two hardcovers would be these:

Batman: Digital Justice. "Computer Generated!"
    Ironwolf: Fires of the Revolution. This might have been my first introduction to Mignola's artwork.

Digging these up made me feel older than expected, as I realized that I bought the Batman book when it first came out, 25 dang years ago.
    firsthcs.jpg

Loki by Rodi and Ribic

For a French reader the question is somehow biased because HC is the standard of the market in French libraries for more than 40 years (softcover where historically aimed for the newsstands market). My first translated US comics HC is probably Conan Witch of Khauran in 1981, followed in 1987 by Batman the Dark knight Returns (both bad example as they were sold in newsstands).
    My first original US comics collected HC is probably the Absolute League of extraordinary Gentlemen volume 1 (2003). I was so blown away by the content and quality of this edition that it started the all thing.
    Last edited by vark; 01-19-2015 at 03:23 AM.

007 girl.

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    For a French reader the question is somehow biased because HC is the standard of the market in French libraries for more than 40 years (softcover where historically aimed for the newsstands market).
    I'm from the UK so I've had HC Beano, Whizzer & Chips etc since I was 4. But I was mainly referring to collected editions of US comics.
    Kings 21:23
    And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

Judging by my InStockTrades account history - Batman RIP Deluxe. (And it took a few orders in til I found an HC.)

My first omni was Simonson Thor. On pre-order using a Barnes & Noble 50% coupon, came out to like $38 I think. Those were the days...

Quote Originally Posted by ultimate jezebel View Post
    My first Marvel HC was a MMW of Spidey...think it was the first 10 issues or something like that. I got it for $7 thereabouts
    I do not know where you find these deals, but I wish I could!
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

My first Collected Edition was a Marvel Pocket Book of Uncanny X-Men: Night Screams. ($5 for 8 stories was a very good price). My first hardcover was Spider-Man: Coming Home, which really got me interested in Collected Editions.
    Currently Reading in Single Issues/Trades:
    Marvel:Hulk (NOW), Ant-Man (NOW), Avengers: Time Runs Out,
    DC:Earth 2, Superman: Earth One, The Flash,
    Titan: Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Doctor Who: Four Doctors,
    Upcoming:
    Secret Wars: Planet Hulk, The Last Days of Ant-Man, House of M,
    Marvel:Totally Awesome Hulk, Astonishing Ant-Man, Carnage,
    DC:Earth 2: Society,
    Titan:Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Year 2, Doctor Who: The Eighth Doctor,
    Co-Editor of CBR's Age of Marvel Amazing Line

007 girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    I do not know where you find these deals, but I wish I could!
    Right place, right time...

Sometimes I just randomly type 'comics' then shortlist them to HC to see what comes up...with a good result
    Kings 21:23
    And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

Been collecting comics since 1970...so technically my first collected edition would be the first Marvel Treasury Edition w/Spider-Man or
    "Origins of Marvel Comics"...around 1975 I think...
    My first hardcover was a gift from my son a few years ago...Absolute Dark Knight...
    Now I have a new addiction...Marvels deluxe oversized hardcovers and DC's Absolutes.

Technically, it was Spider-Man annual 1979 - here in Ireland at Christmas time we got a lot of the British annuals over here too and Marvel UK had repackaged this story which Santa duly delivered to eight year old me. I remember it well it was the Dinosaurs on Broadway storyline that was reprinted. Spidey Vs Stegron and the Lizard and stegron had brought the dinos back to life with some contraption. oh how I loved that annual and story.
    i guess the first one I bought was probably Amazing Spider-Man MMW the first volume when it came out back in 89, was it? It had the marble dust jacket.

All-New Member

It would have to be Absolute Authority vol. 2 or Absolute Planetary vol. 1 Which one was released first would be the first one:P

Batman The Killing Joke Deluxe Edition. But I didn't really start paying attention to oversized collections until I bought Absolute Long Halloween. It was all downhill from there.