Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    007 girl.

Angry What is the big-deal with Edge of Spider-Verse #2?

I managed to find 3 copies at cover price, all 1st prints, this is because a couple of my dealer's rivals are too lazy to keep up with what becomes a hot book. So I bought all, as well as a #1.

I only noticed it when I saw the book with an asking price of about $69.99 on Ebay and was like....HUH?? The cover artwork isn't all that....

I'm behind on 'Spider-Gwen'...what is the best way to catch up on her character? I know she has a new series coming out next month.
    Kings 21:23
    And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ultimate jezebel
    what is the best way to catch up on her character?.
    By reading the issues of Spider-Verse that feature her (ASM# 9-13 and Spider-Verse Team-Up#2)

007 girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    By reading the issues of Spider-Verse that feature her (ASM# 9-13 and Spider-Verse Team-Up#2)
    Thanks, I have the ASMs up to #12 but am way behind on reading. Might have to look into getting that Team-Up book.
    And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

It's the first appearance of Spider-Gwen.

The character's taken off for a few reasons. The costume is cool. There is an appeal to the ultimate damsel in distress reimagined as a superhero. Her world has some intriguing differences with the regular Marvel Universe. And the issue was pretty good.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

An all female band also made a live version of the song that Gwens band sings in the comic and put it on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo1AO8WHUlM

Honestly I've enjoyed Spider-Gwen, and am looking forward to her new adventures, more than I have Peter's outings in ages.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ultimate jezebel View Post
    I managed to find 3 copies at cover price, all 1st prints, this is because a couple of my dealer's rivals are too lazy to keep up with what becomes a hot book. So I bought all, as well as a #1.

I only noticed it when I saw the book with an asking price of about $69.99 on Ebay and was like....HUH?? The cover artwork isn't all that....

I'm behind on 'Spider-Gwen'...what is the best way to catch up on her character? I know she has a new series coming out next month.
    You're not behind on 'Spider-Gwen' at all since you have the only issue to feature her as the main character. She's done nothing of note in Spider-Verse except to 'be there' and her character has not been fleshed out at all beyond what you're getting in Edge #2.

007 girl.

Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace View Post
    You're not behind on 'Spider-Gwen' at all since you have the only issue to feature her as the main character. She's done nothing of note in Spider-Verse except to 'be there' and her character has not been fleshed out at all beyond what you're getting in Edge #2.
    Thanks Dennis, that's a relief.

BANNED

She had a cool moment with Peter during 'Verse as well as a story in one of the Team-Up issues where she ran across a Peter who turned evil because of her death.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    She had a cool moment with Peter during 'Verse as well as a story in one of the Team-Up issues where she ran across a Peter who turned evil because of her death.
    I actually forgot about those! With all the tie-ins I lose track of who's getting screen time and it seems that she's just been wallpaper for most of it.

BANNED

I think they're really trying to save her for Latour's run. That's where most of her fleshing out will be done since it's his baby.

007 girl.

From what I've found out, the book went into 4 printings and has a variant done by Greg Land.

However, there also seems to be 2 versions of the regular 1st print cover. One had a black background, the other is kinda red. I've been told it was a printing error but I'm not sure. Either way, I'm now up to 8 copies thanks to some sharpies I have lurking around.

i'm not personally all that interested in the character but the costume is REALLY good

I honestly don't get it, she hasn't done anything. Looking forward to silk more but will give her number one a try

007 girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tron View Post
    i'm not personally all that interested in the character but the costume is REALLY good
    Will look even better with a better artist, I'm not too fond of this cartoonish art, it's barely passable in my book. I can't wait for Campbell's Midtown cover.