Thread: The META Thread

Writing on the wall The Celtic Batman's Avatar

Default The META Thread

With Multiversity circling for landing I thought a thread for all things META could be timely.
    I tried this over on the Unofficial DC Message Boards..... but approx Zero posts back so far over there....
    ?

I love this definition of 'Meta' in the Urban Dictionary:

A term, especially in art, used to characterize something that is characteristically self-referential.

"So I just saw this film about these people making a movie, and the movie they were making was about the film industry..."
    "Dude, that's so meta. Stop before my brain explodes."

By Dara L, October 2005

With the CBR Boards being effectively 'rebooted' recently, anyone get deja vu about the various reboots of 'in comics' Universes? This is an open invitation to explore these ideas and hopefully see where it takes us....

?
    ;-)
    We're all the Doom Patrol!!!
    Opinions come in all shapes and sizes.
    But they're still just opinions yo

Grant has described an aspect of Multiversity being that it will become a Haunted Comic. I am wondering whether Grant will feature in-story as a 'drawn character' as he did in Animal Man, possibly talking about the wait he has had to complete the Multiversity project....

A great list of meta-goodness here:

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources...sages-archive/

The Rorschach/Question one's a doozy!

Cut and pasted from a post I made this morning to a Multiversity #1 thread on the DC Message Boards (Unofficial):

I am blown away by issue 1 in way I was hoping for but felt prepared for, however yet again Grant manages to pull the rug from under me. In a good way. The first panel of page 2 is a doozy. The panel as a doorway. Something's knocking.

I'm not sure yet how Meta this is going to get. Commenting on the New 52.... sure. Irritation with Jim Lee style uniforms.... sure.
    But whereas Grant entered visually into his story in Animal Man #28 as himself and spoke about the creative process, he only really mentioned (if memory serves) people who have been supportive to him. Now 20 or so (I really don't want to work that one out!) years later is he going to be more vocal about the naysayers and detractors he's had to put up with in the years since.... the 'ingrates'?
    I wondered whether 'Dame Merciless', 'Hellmachine', 'Lord Broken', 'Demogorgunn', 'Intellectron', et al could be whiney Internet Comic Board Members. If so, I hope that The Celtic Batman / thecelticbatman manages to save the day!!!
    Along with the Justice Interweb Society of TheBatmanDigsThisDay, DarkseidSays, Positiveman and the whole crew of POSITIVITY!!!!!

I also loved the line 'Who else want to argue with cartoon physics?' but the line that got repeat chuckles out of me was 'Retaliators Retract!'
    CLASSIC!!!!