Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    BANNED

Default My Dream Team:

Uncanny X-Men!
    xteam.jpg
    Just like Archangel was instrumental in bringing the O5 back together as X-Factor, he brings together the core X-Men to finally end the Schism! Aided by breakout star, Magik, they are the premiere mutant team on the planet!
    Last edited by nx01a; 01-25-2015 at 11:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

If I could write an x book, I'd take an astro city approach and deconstruct it a little. I would explore what life would be like for kids the X-Men don't find, or get rejected by them. I wonder what life would be like for a graduate that doesn't want to be a superhero, would they be viewed as traitors to the mutant cause?

That kind of stuff would be pretty interesting to explore in a mini-series, not an ongoing though.

Fantastic Member

My favorite casts for books have generally been 5-10 members, including 1-2 X-kids. The leader would be Storm, Cyclops or Havok, and chances are I'd give in to the temptation of many a past X-writer and make up at least one new kid. The versions of X-Factor and X-Force that resonated most with me were the O5 X-Factor and the Utopia-defending X-Force, so if I were to get one of those I would favor those respective approaches. For a mainline X-Men title I'd want to revive the Extinction team concept and have them do awesome world-saving stuff. And to end this ramble if an Excalibur reboot was in the cards I'd totally install Nightcrawler as its leader. Finally, I'd try to prop up lesser known X-Men and even have some NXM as main members.

No more schism…they're all together and like in the nineties divided in two groups:

Blue (Uncanny):

Cyclops
    Psylocke
    Magyk
    Magneto
    Rogue
    Gambit
    Cable

Gold (Astonishing):

Storm
    Northstar
    Rachel
    Emma
    Colossus
    Kitty Pryde
    Nightcrawler

BANNED

Screw it, I'm expanding the all-female X-Men roster.

Storm
    Rachel Summers
    Rogue
    M.
    Shadowcat
    Jubilee
    Pyslocke
    Emma Frost
    Dazzler
    Frenzy

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Mine would be called Blood of the Black Prophet. It would be an alternate universe in which the original Apocalypse was completely victorious in the Age of Apocalypse and the Earth was transformed into a giant fortress/battle ship modeled on the architecture of ancient Egypt as well as the technology of the Celestials, and which would go forth and conquer the large parts of the galaxy, spread Apocalypse's ideology. Apocalypse would manage to forge a large space empire but would have to deal with other powers such as the Kree, Brood, and Technarchy. One of his preeminent soldiers would be a symbiote representing the horseman of Death:

As for the X-Men themselves, the surviving members of Magneto's team and their allies would find themselves scattered across the galaxy, hunted down by Apocalypse's agents. The chief among these would be Wolverine, Sabertooth, Blink, Broo, Blink, Gambit, Jubilee, Sunspot, Shadowcat and Rogue with her newborn. The Guardians of the Galaxy would play a noticeable role. It would be a major goal of the surviving X-Men to link up and form a solid resistance force against Apocalypse. It would be a dark, twisted series with a profound sense of isolation but still grounded within the traditional humanity found in all X-Men comics. There would be alot about the ideologies of the different galactic powers and how they interacted with each other. Ideally the covers would be drawn by Menton3.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Magik and Shadowcat: Demon Hunters.

Someone had to say it.
    toss in rachel and lockheed and i will read it
    The dream is dead, so wake up and fight!

If I were able to use any 10 X-Characters to do a monthly ongoing I would want to do a reboot (since it appears that is coming anyhow) and go with this line-up:

Professor X, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Beast, Iceman, Storm, Colossus, Kitty Pryde, Wolverine, and Nightcrawler (if I don't have to count Professor X then Rogue rounds out the 10).

They would be the founding members of the X-Men and vary in age from adults - Wolverine, Beast, Professor X to young 20s/upper teens, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Storm, Colossus, Rogue the mid teens Iceman, Kitty Pryde, and Nightcrawler.

There would be a spin-off/New Mutant type book with the line-up of Cannonball, Boom Boom, Mirage, Husk, Jubilee, Majik, M, Magma, Sunspot, and Warpath as the students with the adults teaching them.

New mutants are not the new mutants any more. they all grew up so i would unite them in one book. Astonishing X-Men
    Leader:
    Dani Moonstar
    Magma
    Warpath
    Blink
    Nate Grey
    Boom Boom
    Bedlam
    Chamber
    The dream is dead, so wake up and fight!

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

I would be cool with Colossus: Agent of S.W.O.R.D.

Oh, goodness, only ten? Well, I'd definitely want Nightcrawler, because he's my favorite X-Man ever. Rockslide would be a lot of fun to have around, too. Peter David did such great work with M that I'd love to build on. It would be fun to bring Neal Shaara back, give him a name that makes sense, and bolt an actual personality onto him. The somewhat blank slate of Angel is similarly intriguing. Psylocke generates drama with several of these members. Doctor Nemesis, because every team needs an insane super-genius. The relatively drama-free Iceman makes a good stabilizing force and token straight white guy. Warpath, 'cause I loves me some Warpath. And what the heck, let's use that "get out of the afterlife free" card on Skin; there was plenty of potential there.

TL;dr: Nightcrawler, Rockslide, Neal Shaara, M, Angel, Psylocke, Doctor Nemesis, Iceman, Warpath, and Skin.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    If I could write an x book, I'd take an astro city approach and deconstruct it a little. I would explore what life would be like for kids the X-Men don't find, or get rejected by them. I wonder what life would be like for a graduate that doesn't want to be a superhero, would they be viewed as traitors to the mutant cause?

That kind of stuff would be pretty interesting to explore in a mini-series, not an ongoing though.
    I am getting a lot of Image feels for this. This could also answer the question of how mutants may be treated in different parts of the world. Do they have much more acceptance in certain areas or is the situation much worse outside of the US? I would enjoy if Cullen Bunn or Kieron Gillen wrote the series but this seems like something that different writers can come into and experiment with. Having them write a self contained issue or arc that explores different ideologies and life-experiences is really intriguing. Not to mention it will break out of the whole bad guy vs superhero routine.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Uncanny X-Men!
    xteam.jpg
    Just like Archangel was instrumental in bringing the O5 back together as X-Factor, he brings together the core X-Men to finally end the Schism! Aided by breakout star, Magik, they are the premiere mutant team on the planet!
    I would read this but also make some changes. Drop Wolverine and Cyclops for Dani Moonstar and Emma Frost/Pixie/Kitty Pryde (whichever one of these three works). I know they are in there to make the Schism stop but I would like to read a book where there is a third option/third faction were they show how stupid the entire thing is in the first place and actually work to bring the two sides together with the final arc being that its over. Make Storm leader of this group of X-Men like she was in Claremont's run and take away the whole JGS bullshit that she inherited. Make Magik, Archangel, and Dani her lieutenants or co-dragons and we have a book. Also how is adult Jean Grey and Archangel back? Assuming he is the one that went evil in X-force unless he is a different incarnation.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...