Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Second Runner-up…

No End in Sight! (11 points, 1 first place vote)

There were concerns after Marvel chose to introduce Sam Alexander as the new Nova too close to the release of the Guardians of the Galaxy film, which left out Richard Rider as well in favor of John C. Reilly, Cruella DaVil, and a dickish Peter Serafinowicz. I mean, that’s not a big inspiring vote of confidence for the new kid.

So they wrote a story to use the credibility of the X-Men and Iron Man to lend some to the new Nova where Monark Starslayer, a galactic bounty hunter is down on his luck and wants a big score. Apparently not realizing how you turn a profit in the bounty game, he hires Death’s Head to do his dirty work and pick up Havok for charges still pending from when Vulcan was the emperor of the Shi’ar Empire. Then Iron Man goes to rescue the Uncanny Avenger from space, unknowingly in the company of fugitives from All New X-Men, like Goldballs and Triage. (I’ll just assume Stark was drunk again.)

In any event, each Marvel property played a role in this quaint little crossover, taking place in three one-shot annual/specials. It’s becoming a tradition, and we’ll have to see which X-book gets called for duty in 2015, likely to tie-in with Kamala Khan and Thor, or some such.

First Runner-up…

Death of Wolverine!(35 points, 9 first place votes)

Because if anything can get people to buy a tie-in, it’s a lady Grim Reaper caressing a dude’s hairy bum.

In any event, “Death of Wolverine” gave us no less than 3 miniseries, a One-Shot, and several “impact” issues of Wolverine & the X-Men (vol. 2), Storm (vol. 3), and others to show you how X-Men, and some of Wolverine’s main rogues were all handling their grieving process.

Now the only question seems to be how long before Marvel chooses to bring Logan back.

The Best Crossover of 2014 is…

The Trial of Jean Grey! (60 points, 15 first place votes)

All New X-Men and Guardians of the Galaxy had a charming crossover in 2014 that ran away with this category, where the Shi’ar Empire become aware that Teen Jean is on Earth, and decide through a lapse of logic from Emperor Gladiator, that she should be punished for crimes that the real Jean already had been put on trial by combat to the death for, even though she’s the past version of Jean Grey that hasn’t committed those crimes yet. (???)

I’m not going to worry about that too much, because any time you give me Drax and X-23 hanging together, Kitty Pryde falling for Peter Quill, and a brawl between the ANXM & GOTG vs. the Shi’ar Imperial Guard… yeah, I’m in.

Therefore… Trial of Jean Grey was your winner of the 2014 Crossover of the Year.
    "No End In Sight" is a pretty apt description of Bendis's writing style all around.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    "No End In Sight" is a pretty apt description of Bendis's writing style all around.
    Maybe... he ironically didn't write that crossover, though.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

The Best New Character of 2014 was…

Forgetmenot! (37 points, 8 first place votes)
    First appearing in X-Men: Legacy #300, Forgetmenot was revealed to be a longtime X-Man whose powers specifically make him the ultimate stealth character, with the drawback that everyone he knows forgets he ever existed once he gets more than five feet away.

It seemed like when he sacrificed himself to save a girl from the defenses at the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning, we might have seen the first and last of Forgetmenot, but he turned up again in the pages of X-Force (vol. 4), living in their base and trying to be the driving moral compass they needed from behind the scenes.

He’s the most real guy you’ll ever read about, and… Your “Best Debut Character of 2014”, ladies and gents.
    ForgetMeNot deserved this one - such a great character.

Maybe... he ironically didn't write that crossover, though.
    LOL
    Trying to catch up on 2 years of Marvel comics.....
    Comic Book Parody - Funny comic book stuff.
    X-Men: Drama of the Atom - An unfinished Battle of the Atom parody.

BREAKTHROUGH CHARACTER OF 2014
    Last year’s winner was Legion, who won by being the ridiculously awesome star of X-Men Legacy, trolling the Red Skull, and getting into a fist fight with Cyclops. Who’s coming home with the 2014 prize?

Honorable Mention

Danger! (10 points, 2 first place votes)

Danger was once told by Unit she was just “a gymnasium with pretensions”. And honestly, she had a lot more FAIL than WIN. I mean, she used to team up with Ord of Breakworld, for goodness sake. These days, she’s running around in All New X-Factor, and trying to bed all of her teammates (getting a tad forceful with Doug Ramsey) while often taking over fights and putting major threats (like Gods) to bed.

Definitely a step in the right direction for a former location.

Honorable Mention

Hijack! (12 points, 2 first place vote)

When you get kicked off an X-Team by Cyclops, then turn around and show up unannounced to save the entire team from getting squashed by Sentinels, you know you’re getting somewhere. When the Director of S.H.I.E.L.D. also decides your file should be put in the “Oh crap, it’s that guy” cabinet, that sort of furthers the argument. So good for you, David Bond.

Third runner-up…

Hellion! (12 points, 3 first place votes)

We got through an entire year without any jokes about him being a double amputee! That’s progress! And, he’s not just sulking over the loss of his hands, or X-23 anymore. Now he’s trying to put together his own squad of X-Men, and contribute where he can to help the school out, getting some personal tutelage under Psylocke in the Danger Room.

There were also some rounds of applause for him turning up drawn by Clay Mann and wearing a speedo. For a lot of characters, that would be a banner year.

Second Runner-up…

Teen Cyclops! (13 points, 3 first place votes)

This was a no-brainer. I mean, he got his own solo series. If being the original leader of the X-Men and then going on space pirate adventures with your dad and shtupping the Captain’s daughter doesn’t give you a leg up on the competition, I don’t know what does.

First Runner-up…

Magik!(21 points, 5 first place votes)

Two years ago… Magik won this award. She has somehow still been breaking through enough to get a silver medal in this category every year since. I’m wondering if in 2015, she should be disqualified from winning it again, because at this point… how can you have “broke through” four years in a row? She’s arrived already, people.

Your Breakthrough Character of 2014 is…

Tempus!(47 points, 9 first place votes)

She was featured in her own story in the annuals this year, where we found out just how powerful and scary her abilities are. In the process, we got a rare appearance by the Rawhide Kid, and the X-Men 2099 before Morgan Le Fay showed up to get punked out by Ms. Eva Bell.

And all it cost her was having to wipe a future incarnation of her family from existence. Whoops.

Anyway, Eva Bell is your Breakthrough Character for 2014.

BEST GUEST STAR IN AN X-BOOK IN 2014 (New Category)
    Last Year Pete Wisdom took it home this award for guest appearances in X-Men: Legacy… is it possible he could be a repeat winner with his 2015 appearances in X-Force?

Honorable Mention

She-Hulk! (10 points, 2 first place votes)

And she didn’t even have to sleep with Juggernaut this time! Way to go, Ms. Walters!

Honorable Mention

The Watcher! (10 points, 2 first place vote)

“I am not allowed to interfere. Unless it’s to diss the f*** out of Beast, that’s allowed by my order.”

Third runner-up…

Alpha Flight! (16 points, 4 first place votes)

This was the first X-Men/Alpha Flight team up in years, and even if it was against an inexplicable outbreak of Wendigos, I’m not complaining. The X-Men need to partner up with their counterparts to the north more often. It’s never not entertaining, you know?

Second Runner-up…

Maria Hill! (19 points, 5 first place vote)

She got humiliated again, and again, and again by Scott Summers and his team of neophyte mutants on the run. I really feel like she deserves some kind of award for having been such a punching bag through all of 2013, and 2014.

First Runner-up…

MI-13!(21 points, 5 first place votes)

Considering they were nominated for one of the best fights of 2014, it should be a given that MI:13 get some points for guest starring in X-Force (vol. 4), where Pete Wisdom was trying to clue them in that they were being watched, while Meggan got to say hi to her sister-in-law. Similarly to Alpha Flight, I really feel like the X-Men should be doing a better job of keeping tabs on their international superhuman counterparts.

So what knocked Pete Wisdom off the top since last year?

The Best Guest Star to appear in an X-Book in 2015 is…

Guardians of the Galaxy! (25 points, 5 first place votes)[/B]

Well, yeah. They only had a movie come out this year that helped in their hype, they teamed up with the X-Men during the most successful crossover of this year, and the leader of their group managed to somehow woo Kitty Pryde while they worked to make the Shi’ar Empire look like a bunch of ass clowns.

That’s a solid formula for winning “Guest Star of the Year”, if you ask me.

Yay to Forgetmenot. His powers didn't work this time.

I'm surprised Danger and Hijack didn't get higher on the breakthrough category. She was that team MVP for most of the run and Hijack (along with Triage) were the only two members of the students that were missing some spotlight issues from last year. I'm curious, were there any votes for Triage at all? He also had some interesting development this year.

Also, i just love the smirk on Cyclops face after the Maria Hill reveal lol. A little delightful detail work from Bachalo. I wonder if it was his input or written like that by Bendis.
    Last edited by Fifolet; 01-20-2015 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fifolet View Post
    Yay to Forgetmenot. His powers didn't work this time.

I'm surprised Danger and Hijack didn't get higher on the breakthrough category. She was that team MVP for most of the run and Hijack (along with Triage) were the only two members of the students that were missing some spotlight issues from last year. I'm curious, were there any votes for Triage at all?
    If there was a Triage vote, I don't recall it from memory.

Two years ago… Magik won this award. She has somehow still been breaking through enough to get a silver medal in this category every year since. I’m wondering if in 2015, she should be disqualified from winning it again, because at this point… how can you have “broke through” four years in a row? She’s arrived already, people.
    She should definitely be disqualified next year. Thought it was natural that she shouldn't be in the running this year.

BEST DEBUT CHARACTER OF 2015

Third runner-up…

Creep/Flourish! (18 points, 4 first place votes)

Much like Rico has done in the pages of Nightcrawler (vol. 4), Creep/Flourish has been the most interesting new kid in Storm (vol. 3), having the brass ones to call Storm a sellout to her face, and use her powers to make everything in the cafeteria get covered with mold just because she could, and it weirded out all the kids who meant to pick on her. A Mexican national with bio-manipulative powers, Ms. Guerra bears watching, going forward.
    YAS @ This princess.

I cheered when I saw Forgetmenot won best debut character

Once upon a time, Professor Xavier became aware of this godlike mutant, and chose to use his psychic powers to effectively neuter him before he killed the entire Eastern Seaboard.
    Matthew Malloy sex demon would have been a much more compelling character

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

My rarely present Mexican pride salutes Creep!

Capture.jpg
    Happy Number-of-the-beast-th post!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shambles View Post
    I cheered when I saw Forgetmenot won best debut character
    Me too. I was VERY happy he hadn't dided saving that poor girl in Legacy.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fifolet View Post
    Hmmmm, i smell a tinkering of the votes to give Magneto the win lol
    Not that i'm complaining.

I seriously need to check out Storm. The more i see the more i like it and feel i'm missing something good. Any trades out yet?
    Storm vol3 issue 1-5 will be out on by March 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    My rarely present Mexican pride salutes Creep!

Capture.jpg
    Happy Number-of-the-beast-th post!!!
    LOL Thanks <3

I hadn't even noticed.