Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

DC Comics Warner Bros. CYBORG movie

Nobody told 6 foot 4 ---Ray Fisher the plan. The 27-year-old had no idea he was set to explode into Hollywood movie stardom, top-lining as the title character in a Cyborg movie set for release in 2020. In fact, producers called the New Jersey-born theater actor on Oct. 15 with the heads-up only hours before Warner Bros. publicly revealed its slate of mega-budget superhero movies tied to the DC Cinematic Universe—Wonder Woman, The Justice League, Suicide Squad, and Shazam among them.

Now, Fisher ranks as the first African-American to score a non-ensemble superhero flick since Will Smith’s booze-swilling screw-up vigilante Hancock in 2008. Not bad for a classically trained actor and veteran of the Shakespeare Theater of New Jersey with precisely zero feature film roles to his credit.

In July, the actor wrapped shooting his part for Batman v Superman, scheduled for release in March 25, 2016. He remains tight-lipped about plot-points and potential spoilers but confirmed meeting certain super-friends on set: Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman), Jason Momoa (Aquaman) and Ben Affleck (Batman). Fisher also bonded with fellow New Jersey-ite Jesse Eisenberg, who portrays super villain Lex Luthor in the movie.

“I met everyone in the Justice League except Henry Cavill and Ezra Miller,” Fisher says of the actors who respectively portray Superman and the Flash within the DC Cinematic Universe. “It was surreal. You get this idea of going to work on a Hollywood set as being really stressful and nerve-wracking. But it blew that stereotype away. If they did have stressful times, it wasn’t while I was there.”

With Cyborg, and Aquaman included can we expect quick cameos or origin stories in Batman vs Superman : Dawn OF Justice?

BANNED

Do we need a thread for a movie five years out?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderByte View Post
    But it ties into a film that comes out March, 25th 2016.

How is this news?
    Hold my Annihilus- Johnny Storm

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    But it ties into a film that comes out March, 25th 2016.
    Which this thread isn't about.

I hope my wild hypothesis that this movie features The Metal Men turns out to be true.

I dearly love The Metal Men.

I suppose it is a bit early, but could always be stuff in DOJ that hints at how Cyborg could go in Justice League, or in his own film.

There is certain thing I could say to you, SpiderByte, about threads, but I won't.

And, if there could be a thread discussing which Green Lantern for the new film, ALSO 2020, I will add, then, then is perfectly grand.

Already one for FF, one for Ant-Man, thanks to LemsterPju and me, and a Doctor Strange, or Gambit/Apocalypse might not be inappropriate, either, but not yet, per say.

Lot of news that can come out, lot of speculation, lot of hopes.

C'mon, Cyborg! And, good on you, Excelsior!

Meh....

I think the rumors of Suicide Squad being a mostly Will Smith movie both kills the chances of the film being good and this movie being a big deal. Also still not sold on this movie actually happening. If everything goes right we get this movie...how much confidence do you have in WB's and DC based on past experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Siddon View Post
    Meh....

I think the rumors of Suicide Squad being a mostly Will Smith movie both kills the chances of the film being good and this movie being a big deal. Also still not sold on this movie actually happening. If everything goes right we get this movie...how much confidence do you have in WB's and DC based on past experience.
    Well, after Superman: The Movie, Superman II, Superman III to a degree, Superman Returns, Watchmen, Batman, Batman Forever, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight... The Dark Knight Rises a bit, Man Of Steel for me - I would, yes.

And, have high hopes, with the sheer amount of films, and variety, getting a new chance, like Green Lantern, a new iteration, like Batman, a first film, in this modern age. Very exciting.

DOJ will, to me, be successful, so Wonder Woman/Justice Leage will happen, at least, and will see from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Well, after Superman: The Movie, Superman II, Superman III to a degree, Superman Returns, Watchmen, Batman, Batman Forever, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight... The Dark Knight Rises a bit, Man Of Steel for me - I would, yes.

And, have high hopes, with the sheer amount of films, and variety, getting a new chance, like Green Lantern, a new iteration, like Batman, a first film, in this modern age. Very exciting.

DOJ will, to me, be successful, so Wonder Woman/Justice Leage will happen, at least, and will see from there.
    Yes and you also have the failed third Schumaker Batman with Howard Stern as the Scarecrow, the failed 2nd Green Lantern film, and the failed Tim Burton Superman

BANNED

I would have preferred John Stewart on the Justice League. After watching Cyborg on Teen Titans and loving it, I won't get excited for his movie unless WB plans on making a Teen Titans film.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    I would have preferred John Stewart on the Justice League. After watching Cyborg on Teen Titans and loving it, I won't get excited for his movie unless WB plans on making a Teen Titans film.
    I think, as others have said, that DC are wanting to cement Victor as a Justice Leaguer, rather than part of the Titans, or TT.

Probably won't be a member, or teen, in Titans, then, and same, for sure, here.

Might still be John, until we hear otherwise, as THE Green Lantern of these first batch of films, or a Lantern, depending on if Hal, Jessica, Simon, Kyle, Guy or someone joins too.

Only definites are Clark, Bruce, Diana, A Flash, Victor, Arthur, A Green Lantern. Depends if Barry, or another, same with GL.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    I think, as others have said, that DC are wanting to cement Victor as a Justice Leaguer, rather than part of the Titans, or TT.

Probably won't be a member, or teen, in Titans, then, and same, for sure, here.

Might still be John, until we hear otherwise, as THE Green Lantern of these first batch of films, or a Lantern, depending on if Hal, Jessica, Simon, Kyle, Guy or someone joins too.

Only definites are Clark, Bruce, Diana, A Flash, Victor, Arthur, A Green Lantern. Depends if Barry, or another, same with GL.
    It won't be John Stewart. I promise you that. I won't explain why I know either.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    It won't be John Stewart. I promise you that. I won't explain why I know either.
    Other than race stuff, or the obvious 'Not in New 52 linup', what would that be?

If you'd rather not, that's fine, can PM me, hint, leave it be, whatever suits you.

Still, least we have Cyborg, nice lil' bit of diversity. Progress starts with a ripple, not a wave.

Hopefully add Vixen or Hawkgirl to add some gender/race diversity in Part Two, or after.

Out of interest, does Victor have a Rogues' Gallery, memorable or otherwise? Iron Man forgettable, Hulk etc decent, or Spidey lethal?

Anyone from Cyborg comics to choose for the film, or someone new, maybe someone from another Gallery?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderByte View Post
    there are threads about movies being possibly made, at some point, in the foreseeable future, so why not?