BANNED

Default Anyone else buying Weird Love #1? (IDW)

This looks right up my alley. I like old romance comics, the weirder the better. I'm especially interested in DC's horror-romance experiments, Sinister House of Secret Love and The Dark Mansion of Forbidden Love.

Last edited by Shawn Hopkins; 05-12-2014 at 05:02 PM.

BANNED

Yeah I've always been interested in checking out vintage Romance. Looks like the Bronze Age stuff is more interesting than the Golden Age stuff, but surprisingly hard to find.

Pre-code romance can be very interesting and raunchy. Kirby launched the romance genre with Joe Simon and they did top-quality books.Lots of great artists as well including Matt Baker

BANNED

it's just a series of twisted and psychotic romance comics loses me....if i wanted to see twisted love I'd watch The TruTV Network

if it had supernatural ties like haunted horror then maybe I'd be interested but a series just about crazy people and obsessed lovers just doesn't even tempt me to buy it on comixology(and i got the spare funds to do so...)

You really don't get it.do you.You're constantly creating threads of books you never seen or read just to be negative towards them.You've been banned already if you continue this behaviour I'll have to bring your flamebaiting antics to the attention of the mods. Write what you know about.Last warning

I'm definitely getting it! I pre-ordered mine last week!

Sick, twisted, perverted romance in comic books? Sounds like awesome fun to me! Heh heh heh

TC bought it anyway;

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/206-c...ovels/69230393

Classic AnimalMan.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    TC bought it anyway;

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/206-c...ovels/69230393

Classic AnimalMan.
    I'm no animal and it's not like there was much else to buy with what i had....(that didn't leave me with a cliffhanger)

overall it was eh...it's okay if you like romance comics i suppose but to me it just seemed a bit too hokey and jumping from over the top to just plain stupid(For Instance stories like i fell for a commie and you also snore darling come off as being too tame especially when compared to Love Of A Lunatic which truly is a weird love story)

i would have preferred the book to stay a little more consistent in tone after all the book is called "Weird Love" and yet you never really get the sense that it's that weird...not for long anyways

another gripe is that some of the stories reprinted seem to have faded text(a minor gripe but it can be a turn off if the pages look a bit roughed up)

again it's not the worst comic book but for what it is....it didn't really make me feel weirded out to the amount it was aiming for