Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Which series do you trade-wait?

Not sure if this belongs in this forum or the CBR Community forum, but because it has to do with collected editions, I thought I'd post it here. Apologies if it belongs elsewhere!

Anyway, I was wondering which current series you guys specifically trade-wait, rather than pick up regular floppies for? I know there's a lot of people who don't read floppies at all and only buy collected editions, and there's a lot who do both.

I've got many series I'm currently trade-waiting. Off the top of my head, I'm trade-waiting Batman, Batman Eternal, Futures End, Lazarus, Velvet, Saga, Harley Quinn (although I've been picking up floppies of this too), Wonder Woman, Afterlife With Archie, Fables (which is ending soon, and I've only picked up the first paperback so far), Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk (which is almost over-- sigh), and Chew. I'm sure there's more I just can't think of right now.

How about you guys?
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Superior foes of spider-man,she-hulk,daredevil vol. 4,moon knight,sandman overture.

It's hard to say because I buy a ton of vol 1s and then follow up with whatever I feel like reading at the time. For example, I bought Batman up to volume 3 then got bored of it and stopped buying, now I'm catching up on justice league, but I might resume reading Batman if the mood ever takes me. I'm not committed to keeping up with any long ongoing series indefinately except for Fables and Astro City. I do try to see an author's run to its conclusion, which makes me more of an omnibus guy.
    Last edited by canadianaidan64; 01-18-2015 at 09:24 PM.

I trade wait everything until it comes out in the hardcover format I want.

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

I currently Trade-Wait for Earth 2 (In softcover), although I may Trade Wait for Spider-Man 2099 when it comes out.
    Currently Reading in Single Issues/Trades:
    Marvel:Hulk (NOW), Ant-Man (NOW), Avengers: Time Runs Out,
    DC:Earth 2, Superman: Earth One, The Flash,
    Titan: Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Doctor Who: Four Doctors,
    Upcoming:
    Secret Wars: Planet Hulk, The Last Days of Ant-Man, House of M,
    Marvel:Totally Awesome Hulk, Astonishing Ant-Man, Carnage,
    DC:Earth 2: Society,
    Titan:Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Year 2, Doctor Who: The Eighth Doctor,
    Co-Editor of CBR's Age of Marvel Amazing Line

Black Science, Daredevil by Waid, & Saga.

IDW new X-files series, and it's the very first time I have decided to trade-wait for a series I really want to read. And as I am a bit of a snob, I have passed on the HC trade and I am still trade-waiting for an oversized deluxe HC edition.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Everything.

I'm too impatient to read one single a month, I'd rather get a batch in trade form and then wait out the next trade plus they look nicer on my self.

I trade wait everything as well, at least for complete story arcs.

007 girl.

I don't wait, I like actual comics too I get them at the same price the dealer pays for them (as we're mates) so that helps.

I'll be picking up a Rat Queens HC when it comes out, but I'm still buying all the regular comics and variants.
    Last edited by ultimate jezebel; 01-19-2015 at 04:18 AM.
    Kings 21:23
    And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

Pulp Purveyor & Noir Nut FiveGhosts's Avatar

I trade wait everything except Harley Quinn, The Fade Out and Five Ghosts, although I'll be moving away from my shop, so I'll wait for those too.

I trade wait anything from Marvel, if there's even anything I'm interested in. I just can't abide $3.99 minimum per issue.

I try not to trade-wait on any series I find interesting and truly like because I'm not sure how it works exactly, but if we ALLLL trade-waited, wouldn't that just cut the series short due to lack of sales?
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

I mean, like, who the f*&k wants to read only 20 magnificent issues of PAD's All New X-Factor when we could...

oh, wait.

Yeah.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Everything. I live in a rural area and don't have a local comic-book shop. It would be well out of my price range to do anything other. Currently trade-waiting:

Justice League, Justice League Of America, Justice League Dark, The Flash, Aquaman, Batman, Batman: TDK (about to finish), Action Comics, Superman, all the GL titles, Earth 2.

If everyone had the same circumstances as me though the comic book industry would be finished!!