MATH

Default Post your "good finds!"

I'm huge into the trading/collecting world & am always interested to hear about deals that people were able to score in order to acquire some cool books/comic stuff.

For example this week I was able to find the following books, perfect condition, for $45 all together.

Marvel Zombies Vol 1
    Marvel Zombies Vol 2
    Marvel Zombies Vol 3
    Marvel Zombies vs. Army of Darkness
    Marvel Zombies: Dead Days
    Batman: The Dailies HC (collection of the old 1940's comic strips)
    Batman: The Sunday Classics HC (collection of the old 1940's sunday pages)
    Preacher Vol 2
    Preacher Vol 3

More than likely saved what I would have had to pay online with shipping, definitely saved on the in-store prices.

Fun stuff, can't wait to jump into the books when they get here.

Anyone else find any deals lately?

Wow, that's quite a haul! I can't believe you only paid $45 for those!

The best find I've ever had was:

Astonishing X-Men Ultimate Collection Vol. 1-2 paperbacks for $25 altogether. Brand spankin' new and sold as a bundle. That was an awesome day Especially because I bought these when I first started getting into comics and I had no idea that they were normally $30 each separately.

I've also found some gems in used bookstores, like a Kingdom Come paperback for $7.50.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Incredible Member

I mentioned this in a different thread, but two weeks ago I was in my LCS and saw a stack of EC Archives (Tales from the Crypt 2 & 3, Vault of Horror 1 & 2, and Haunt of Fear 1) that I think someone had just sold to them. I already have TftC 3, but the other four are out of print and all go for above cover. I asked the owner how much he wanted and he said half off for each, so I ended up buying those four for $100, whereas (until Dark Horse reprints them) they'd probably cost $250-300.

That's the same store where I once found Starman Omnibus 3. I already had it, but I ended up buying it during a half-off sale for $25 and flipping it on eBay for $90 or so. I love that store.

Amazing Member

My best find was a brand new Punisher Max Vol 4 HC sold for cover at a NYC comic shop last year. I was blown away- I am never that lucky.

Best find is probably Uncanny X-Force Omni for cover price a few month back at my LCS.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

X-Men: Messiah Complex OHC for £8.38 on eBay recently
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

For around 20 bucks, I found 5 trades and 6 single issues. All of which were in decent to near mint condition.
    Trades: Volumes 1-3 of Essex County, Chew Volume 1, New 52 Animal Man Volume 1
    Singles: X-Men (1991) #1, X-Force (1991) #1, Y: The Last Man #1, Superman #75 (Death issue), Saga #1 (HOWEVER, it was a reprint), The Maxx #1.

Fantastic Member

I went on a bit of a "feeding frenzy" a while back when an LCS in town here was renovating and had a month-long 50% off sale. I got Vol 1 of the Claremont Uncanny X-Men omni for $45, Colossal Conan for $70, Vol 1&2 of Lee Invincible Iron Man Omni for $200 (not a great deal but not far off cover price and not bad since they are oop) and several others for half the cover price. I'm in Canada and the shop uses the slightly lower US cover price so the 50% was off that lower price as well.

I got Vol 1 of The Sixth Gun LE when Book Depository had a mistake in pricing for the pre-order. Got it for $20. Just recently I got Vol 2 during Indigo's 20% off sale so it was $40 so the 2 together ended up being $60. Again, all these amounts are canuck dollars.

BANNED

I found Amazing Spider-Man 36 (9/11 Tribute issue), along with several other low print run issues of ASM vol2 for $1 each at 2nd & Charles a few weeks ago.
    That day, I also found some Silver Age Daredevils for $2 each that were in at least VG+ condition in another box. I check 2nd & Charles a couple of times a month
    and usually find some good deals, but nothing like the ASM 36. It was in great shape too. Any of you who have one of these stores nearby should make a habit
    of dropping by every so often. They also don't stay very informed about new trends, and occasionally you can find books for $1 that have gotten really hot on
    Ebay before they realize it.

Amazing Member

I've gotten some really nice ones over the last few months, mostly from Amazon sellers

Daredevil by Miller Omni (sealed) $3.99 + $3.99 s/h
    Marvel Zombinus (Used - Good) $3.99 + $3.99 s/h
    Punisher Max Omni (sealed) $3.99 + $3.99 s/h
    Fantastic Four Vol. 2 Omni (Used - VG) $3.99 + $3.99 s/h
    Ultimate Comics Death of Spider-Man Omni (Used - VG) $10.25 + $3.99 s/h
    Wolverine and the X-Men Omni (Used - VG) $10.25 + $3.99 s/h
    Golden Age Marvel Omni (sealed) $35.00 + $3.99 s/h
    World War Hulk HC (Used - Fine) $21.00 + $5.00 s/h
    The Mighty Thor Vol. 1 Omni DM Variant (NM) $99.00 + $5.00 s/h
    The Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 2 Omni DM Variant (NM) $99.00 + $7.00 s/h