Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Everything. I just don't like buying floppies.

BANNED

I wait for trades of most of the 2000AD series (Dredd, Kingdom, ABC Warriors), I just can't deal with reading only a few pages each week.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

All Events
    All "A-list" titles: Bats,Supes,WW,JLA,Spidey,Cap,Thor,Avengers etc, you get the picture.

The only thing I support monthly are the titles that need it or they go away with no certainty to return anytime soon. There will always be a Spidey book whether I buy it monthly or not. Elektra, Black Widow, Deathlok, Moon Knight...there are no such guarantees. Still waiting on Blade to get another shot, been almost 10 years.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    I trade wait everything until it comes out in the hardcover format I want.
    This exactly.

Everything as well. Hell, I'm patiently waiting for the eventual Absolute Sandman Overture.
    I do buy the occasional floppy here and there. For the series I really want to read as they come out, I buy the digital versions. But I basically trade-wait.

All-New Member MaggietheMechanic's Avatar

Mostly Dynamite, IDW, Dark Horse stuff. Here in Brazil, the titles from these publishers doesn't come out very often.

I trade what I like and really it's not alot. It's actually a bunch of Pre-52 and Pre-Now! stuff.

American Vampire
    Daredevil by Waid
    Thor: God of Thunder by Aaron
    Saga
    Hawkeye by Fraction
    Fatale, Deluxe editions
    Chew, Omnivore editions
    The Superior Foes of Spider-Man
    Morning Glories, Deluxe editions

Also, there are a number of titles that have only one or two collected editions out right now, but I plan on keeping up:
    Rat Queens
    Nailbiter
    Pretty Deadly

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    I trade wait everything until it comes out in the hardcover format I want.
    This is pretty much me, I don't even like to get trades anymore unless I can help ie; the only format or the only affordable way to get it.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Everything. I made the change about 10 or so years ago when the exchange rate on the Australian dollar was so bad that I couldn't justify spending $5 per issue on $2.99 comics. Trades work out substantially cheaper in the long run.

More and more as time goes on. Currently? Mind MGMT, The Manhattan Projects, American Vampire, a few others...

Anything with a mystery type theme. I can remember general plots from month to month, but if I'm supposed to work out whodunnit from a minor detail in an issue published like, over a year ago, then I'd rather wait for the trade and read it in one go so I can 'play along'.

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

I use DCBService.com to order my comics. I get one shipment of comics a month and it's usually the floppies.

I trade wait IDW's Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye, DC's Swamp Thing, Marvel's Elektra, Fantastic Four and Bucky Barnes: Winter Soldier in the softcover format.

I recently also ordered Marvel's Ultimate Comics Avengers 2 and 3 in softcover and DC's Earth One Teen Titans in HC.

The only time I buy HC is when it's the only format offered or they're like on discount for 50 - 80 percent off which is rare.

Mighty Member

I used to trade wait finite series, like creator owned stuff from image and vertigo. I'd get my superhero fix monthly (x books, spidey), but the only way i could justify the price was to preorder. Now i'm finally wore out by all the crossovers and events derailing those, so now i guess i'll wait for those nice deluxe hc's or omnibus of acclaimed/recommended runs to get that fix.

All of them. For new comics, I wait in trade. The only single issues I pick up are back issues.