Default Astonishing X-Men Continuity/Timeframe

Buying some gaps for my collection and had a question on Astonishing from '04-'13

How do these fit into X-Men/Uncanny during the time. Are they right along with them or is Astonishing stories based in the past

So far Uncanny/X-Men are the only X titles I can find that pretty much take place around the same time, maybe I am wrong

Quote Originally Posted by MutantMike View Post
    Buying some gaps for my collection and had a question on Astonishing from '04-'13

How do these fit into X-Men/Uncanny during the time. Are they right along with them or is Astonishing stories based in the past

So far Uncanny/X-Men are the only X titles I can find that pretty much take place around the same time, maybe I am wrong

Astonishing takes place at the then current continuity, but the stories themselves pay no attention to what went on in other current comics. Other comics may reference things that happened in Astonishing, but Astonishing itself is pretty much self contained, building only off previous comics. (mostly Morrison's run)

^Later issues also build off of Uncanny X-Force and other related series, as it participates in the "X-Termination" crossover that ends Age of Apocalypse and X-Treme X-Men. There's a really good aftermath from X-Termination arc involving Iceman.

Astonishing also has a tie-in arc to Regenesis, in issues 44-47.

13 is split into two parts the last two pages take place within X-Men 204 before Kitty dsappears.

Continuity questions? Always go back to Krisis' blog. He's a (former?) poster who pays great level of detail to this.

http://crushingkrisis.com/collecting...g-order-guide/

We've (kinda) tried to keep it going but since Marvel NOW! it's gotten very murky. I have a thread in here somewhere for the new stuff.
    X-Poster of the Month: April 2013

Quote Originally Posted by AgentFelix View Post
    Continuity questions? Always go back to Krisis' blog. He's a (former?) poster who pays great level of detail to this.

http://crushingkrisis.com/collecting...g-order-guide/

We've (kinda) tried to keep it going but since Marvel NOW! it's gotten very murky. I have a thread in here somewhere for the new stuff.

Wow thanks Felix. Crushing Krisis might have just become my new homepage

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

They fit into continuity quite well, they just don't cross over very often.

They mention things like M Day and the move to san francisco and then utopia so it's quite easy to work the books into a timeframe, but they are largely self contained.