Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

This is wonderful! The book is great!

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    This is wonderful! The book is great!
    The longest a Nightcrawler series has even gone is 12 issues. Now...we will see if this will only tie it or beat it. I'm guessing Issue 12 will have to do at least 30k to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Excellent news, and also interesting for the implication that Marvel considers a first issue launch of 50K good enough to greenlight a year's worth of books (assuming standard attrition, of course). It's very possible we've got at least 12 issues of Magneto and Ms. Marvel coming, then.
    It's hard to say if that 50K was the limit because this is Claremont, it's Nightcrawler, X-Men solo or solo period. Ms. Marvel getting at least 12 is pretty likely IMHO even if I don't like the gimmicky feel of it. Marvel is pretty determined to make that title succeed so I think they might relaunch it if need be, just like they did with Captain Marvel. (Really wish they'd show same determination and commitment with x-books too)

Seriously. Imagine the mileage Marvel could get out of "Chris Claremont's triumphant (re)return to the title he made famous!"

(No, auto-correct, as much as we respect the man, I was not typing in "Christ Claremont". Yeesh.)
    It knew you wanted to type that. Heck, to X-Men Claremont basically is a messiah and a savior, without him X-Men would have stayed forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Chia Head View Post
    Yep, number 2 at my shop sold out in 3 hours. And num 1 was one of the highest pulls on digital sites of that week. W00T!

Even if we just get a year of Nighty focused stories I'll be happy.
    Seriously?! I had no idea a Nightcrawler solo would sell like that! I'm awestruck

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    Great news for both Claremont and Crawler!
    Agreed .

Hats off to all fans who support the book. Both Kurt and Claremont deserve it.

BANNED

I am so excited for Kurt, he deserves the success.

o

Wow! This is great news! To be honest I didn't know it was a mini at first haha! I'm hopeful this goes passed 12 issues. I really liked the first two copies so far. I even liked the cyclops first issue and I didn't think I would.

I would love to see Marvel comics go back to the way they used to be, you know, when comics would hit issue 50 without re-numbering...Heck even issue 100+ However I do understand like all things, times change and so do comics, I'm just having an old man rant haha.

Keep up the great work Claremont!

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tomppa View Post
    It's hard to say if that 50K was the limit because this is Claremont, it's Nightcrawler, X-Men solo or solo period. Ms. Marvel getting at least 12 is pretty likely IMHO even if I don't like the gimmicky feel of it. Marvel is pretty determined to make that title succeed so I think they might relaunch it if need be, just like they did with Captain Marvel. (Really wish they'd show same determination and commitment with x-books too)

It knew you wanted to type that. Heck, to X-Men Claremont basically is a messiah and a savior, without him X-Men would have stayed forgotten.

Seriously?! I had no idea a Nightcrawler solo would sell like that! I'm awestruck
    Neither did I! And I love Nightcrawler! But everyone I ever introduced X-Men/Excalibur to, NC is always an instant fave.

Its a comic store very close to the Yale campus. Maybe a lot of college kids and eccentric artists like Nighty. And... uh, hipsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Chia Head View Post
    Neither did I! And I love Nightcrawler! But everyone I ever introduced X-Men/Excalibur to, NC is always an instant fave.

Its a comic store very close to the Yale campus. Maybe a lot of college kids and eccentric artists like Nighty. And... uh, hipsters.
    Ladies Dig The Fuzzy Dude!