Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

So this means we get that Excalibur reunion in Arc 2, right?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MrSinister View Post
    Marvel should also give him X-men now that Wood decided to leave.
    Itz so obvious, it practically writes itself!

Excellent news, and also interesting for the implication that Marvel considers a first issue launch of 50K good enough to greenlight a year's worth of books (assuming standard attrition, of course). It's very possible we've got at least 12 issues of Magneto and Ms. Marvel coming, then.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSinister View Post
    Marvel should also give him X-men now that Wood decided to leave.
    Seriously. Imagine the mileage Marvel could get out of "Chris Claremont's triumphant (re)return to the title he made famous!"

(No, auto-correct, as much as we respect the man, I was not typing in "Christ Claremont". Yeesh.)
    Last edited by Anduinel; 05-15-2014 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Excellent news, and also interesting for the implication that Marvel considers a first issue launch of 50K good enough to greenlight a year's worth of books (assuming standard attrition, of course). It's very possible we've got at least a year's worth of Magneto and Ms. Marvel coming, then.
    It does kind of give us an update on what numbers Marvel considers successful.

Great news! So glad to hear that we're going to get at least twelve issues of this (and hopefully more). Have really enjoyed this book so far. Beautiful artwork and some lovely insights into Kurt. It would be great to think that the market can sustain several more solo outings for other underused (or back from the dead) characters, and even greater to think that the success of this book might convince Marvel to let Claremont resurrect Excalibur for Nightcrawler #13.

In a perfect world, I do think Claremont should be writing Adjectiveless but not if it would mean him having to stop writing Nightcrawler. I'm personally crossing my fingers and toes for more Rachel in later issues. I'm enjoying the Kurt and Amanda adventures very much so far but Claremont did too good a job on writing Rachel and Kurt's friendship in Nightcrawler #1 not to make me miss it acutely and want to see more of it.

Great news!

It would be wonderful if both Kurt and Chris Claremont are given more prominent roles in X-Books.
    Somehow, it'd be even better if those roles aren't 'forced' to adhere uncomfortably to the tone and thematic developments of the mainstream line.

These aren't huge sales but it appears they are enough and perhaps there is room in the X-books for titles that sell primarily to a more 'Indy' type audience with a more 'Indy' type approach.
    If that's the case, then Nightcrawler could very well be something truly amazing. A chance for CC to really stretch out, strengthen his voice...take the reigns off and for Kurt to do the same.

For me, a title that digs deep, stretches far and adheres to the mythic-scifi fantasy at the core of the franchise is sorely missed.
    Of course, it'd make perfect sense and be perfectly amazing now that the 'Nightcrawler' has some legs for a return to the swashbuckling intelligent insanity of Excalibur...at least in spirit.
    Last edited by sungila; 05-15-2014 at 08:28 AM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Or just an idea of what they consider good numbers for a Nightcrawler solo.

So now it is officially an ongoing, that settles that. Or is it now a limited series, or a maxi series to use the 90s expression. if it is a 90s expression. Now we can our Kitty arc in this!

Sometimes I think about how Whedon / Cassaday's run on Astonishing was suppose to only be 12 issues and how silly it would have been if those two stories were all they told.
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
    So this means we get that Excalibur reunion in Arc 2, right?
    Here's hoping!

BANNED

this proves CC has the necessary chops to stay in the business. Now stop fudging around Marts and give him X-Men!!!

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Sefton is keeping this thing afloat.

Now give the maestro "X-Men" and return him to his rightful throne.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    It doesn't. We need info.
    Last edited by Park Slope Pixie; 05-15-2014 at 08:30 AM.

Really glad it's not a mini anymore.

I'm also really enjoying how honest he is about how the industry works.

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Really glad it's not a mini anymore.

I'm also really enjoying how honest he is about how the industry works.
    Expect nothing less that full candor from a man who needs to prove nothing to no one in this industry.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by just another user View Post
    Good news on Chris's Facebook this morning:
    Yep, number 2 at my shop sold out in 3 hours. And num 1 was one of the highest pulls on digital sites of that week. W00T!

Even if we just get a year of Nighty focused stories I'll be happy.