Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

I'm surprised they haven't got faith in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    And the public adores a fucked up family dynamic. House Lannister looks to the Szardos family for tips on batshit. Lovin' it.
    That's the appeal of the book to me at least. Seeing Kurt with Amanda is great.

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I'm surprised they haven't got faith in it.
    Haven't got faith in what

Nightcrawler fans have plenty of faith!

Nearly 40 years of swashbuckling goodness & grace!

It's great that Chris Claremont (the creator of the X-Men we all love and know) would share with his fans this good news. For me it's nothing but a cause to celebrate and express my gratitude. "Nightcrawler(2014)" is something really special that only required some legs to get going. CC said it from the get go...this green-light wasn't a given and without it, the title would have to wait it out in Limbo until the fans carried it through. Congratulations BAMFers! Now we'll get to see all that this fantastic return can be!

Everything that is the X-Men today is in thanks to CC...who goes out of his way to remind us that he's never worked alone, but with other incredible creators who made a world of mutants something so enduring that we almost take it for granted (or so it would appear).

Here's to Chris Claremont, David Cockrum, Alan Davis, John Byrne and Len Wein!!!

Thank you for your talent, vision, dedication and grace. Thank you for Kurt Wagner...the swashbuckling Nightcrawler and congratulations to CC and Todd Nauck for their well earned success.
    Nightcrawler's fans are some the most dedicated, thoughtful and good-natured comic book fans I've encountered. I'm happy for them, for me and for everybody that's a fan of X-Books old and new.

I'm happy for Marvel too - it's good and right that Chris Claremont is writing, resonating and stirring things up side by side with the writers' and artists' who he inspired to devote themselves to a world of misfits and mutants fighting for a world that fears them. Here's to four decades of an incredible comic book saga and the continuance of the world's greatest super heroes!
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

I really enjoyed the latest issue and I'm happy to hear that there is going to be at least 12 issues. If it does reach #13 it will be the longest Nightcrawler solo series ever, lets just hope it reaches that far. Also I agree with those who have already stated it but I'd love to see some kind of Excalibur reunion or an arc where Nightcrawler teams up with his BFF Kitty Pryde. It has been far too long since they had an adventure together.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Todd Nauck was right.
    BAM WHAT!!!

Whistles to himself!!

Let's hope he can do a road trip in the second arc. But again it's all up to Bendis. Obviously something happened to change the first arc to what it is right now. So i'm not expecting a road trip or Excalibur reunion in the second arc but here's hoping. Anything involving Kitty will likely not happen but who knows.

Maybe a Double Date between Kurt/Amanda and Kitty/Starlord can be a panel in the second arc. "Kitty, Another Peter? Mein Gott!" lol.

Bnsn6g7CcAE3giF.jpg
    Last edited by Slicknickshady; 05-15-2014 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSinister View Post
    Marvel should also give him X-men now that Wood decided to leave.
    If that means CC would be writing Madelyne Pryor again, then YES! YES! YES!!! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
    So this means we get that Excalibur reunion in Arc 2, right?
    I'd like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    MLF ongoing, april 2015.
    Is that a news flash, a prediction or a wish?
    Quote Originally Posted by just another user View Post
    That Aaron pirate arc was popular I hear, even although it resulted in Kurt becoming a soulless shell of his former self.
    Do you think Kurt's loss of his soul should ever be mentioned? It must have been a devastating blow to a devout Catholic, but I wouldn't want to see him obsessively brooding over it. Do his friends even know the price he paid?
    Quote Originally Posted by Valeficent View Post
    Kurt sister is what draws me to purchase the book, I love witches
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    That's the appeal of the book to me at least. Seeing Kurt with Amanda is great.
    I don't have Issue #2 yet. Considering some fans' opposition to the Kurt/Amanda romance, is Claremont writing them as siblings or lovers? Since they're not genetically related, there's no legal objection to a romance between them.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

CC is depicting them as rekindling their romance so far.

I really should make Chris Claremont a friend of mine.
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

I'm a big fan of Kurt and Amanda love, whether in the old Excalibur series or the delightfully weird Magik mini-series. This is looking very good so far. I'll be coming back for more each month.

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
    Do you think Kurt's loss of his soul should ever be mentioned? It must have been a devastating blow to a devout Catholic, but I wouldn't want to see him obsessively brooding over it. Do his friends even know the price he paid?
    I hope Claremont just ignores that crap. It was a completely unnecessary thing to incorporate into the story of Kurt's return in the first place
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

I can't believe he knows how to work facebook.
    Game Over man! Game Over!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    BAM WHAT!!!

Whistles to himself!!

Let's hope he can do a road trip in the second arc. But again it's all up to Bendis. Obviously something happened to change the first arc to what it is right now. So i'm not expecting a road trip or Excalibur reunion in the second arc but here's hoping. Anything involving Kitty will likely not happen but who knows.

Maybe a Double Date between Kurt/Amanda and Kitty/Starlord can be a panel in the second arc. "Kitty, Another Peter? Mein Gott!" lol.

Bnsn6g7CcAE3giF.jpg
    You're the best SlickNick!
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

I am more than willing to read Claremont's work. I have loved most of the stuff he's written including his run on Exiles and X-Men Forever. I think I was one of the few people who enjoyed those series.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

Quote Originally Posted by JackalsIII View Post
    I really should make Chris Claremont a friend of mine.
    I tried earlier but he has reached him limit in friend requests. lol. So he needs to check his requests and add them so i can ass him lol.

Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post
    You're the best SlickNick!
    Once in a while i get something right. lol.