Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    007 girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel_Is View Post
    Marvel's still holding strong. Can't wait to see next months figures.

Secret Wars is going to break the internet!
    I thought Star Wars is?

I've heard it's gone into a 2nd printing.
    Kings 21:23
    And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

Quote Originally Posted by Teste View Post
    Captain Marvel is Marvel's token female character. They would rather keep relauching it in order to ride the "first issue!!!!" spike than cancel it, at least until another female-led book take its place. With She-Hulk gone and Electra selling poorly, the main options are Angela (but sales are not that good there either), and Miss Marvel.
    Don't forget Black Widow. It's doing better than I anticipated, sales wise. I thought it would be cancelled with issue 10.

Ms Marvel is still doing good, which is nice. Hope it will continue to sell, so Marvel can cancel Captain Marvel.

007 girl.

I think Spider-Gwen will be doing the female job for Marvel soon, at least initially.

I wish Black Widow clocked some better figures.
    Kings 21:23
    And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

Quote Originally Posted by ultimate jezebel View Post
    I think Spider-Gwen will be doing the female job for Marvel soon, at least initially.

I wish Black Widow clocked some better figures.
    Black Widow is selling better than the last attempt, so there's that.

Spider-Woman is only on the second issue and at 44k. Let's see where that is going. Does Silk get her own comic soon?
    I fear the Spider-Gwen hype is largely artificial. Just like the so-called demand for Captain Marvel. Let's hope not.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

From what I've heard they're already wrapping Elektra up. I also believe Deathlok is done - there really is no solid fanbase for him to last.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with Storm. Sales are pretty weak and yet she's deemed to be one of Marvel's most popular characters. Popularity doesn't seem to transfer over to sales in this case.

I'm not sure about them cancelling Loki, as sales are not that bad for a supervillain comic and it continually gets very good reviews. I also heard somewhere that they're going to keep Ghost Rider going for that little bit longer.

Black Widow and Captain Marvel are the darlings of Marvel mainly due to the movie appearances of the former and the forthcoming movie of the latter.

I'm extremely surprised at how popular Thor remains after 3 issues. 72.5k is not to be mocked. Spider-Woman will probably keep dwindling in sales each month, as will Angela.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Foolery View Post
    The list doesn't factor in TPB sales and digital sales. Those factors might bump the series like Capt Marvel which are on the cancelation bubble into the safe zone.

Widow, Loki, Punisher and Nova are close to done.
    Iron Fist I imagine they'll let Kaare wrap on his own.
    Storm should be, but it probably got a small reprieve because of the internet outrage at its demise.
    Everything else on the low end is either already canned or stealth cancelled like X-Factor, X-Force, Ghost Rider, Invaders, etc.

I'd wager Deathlok is done for though. Love Mike Perkins' art but that series is taking WAY too long to go anywhere. Decompressed storytelling just kills a book. At $4 a pop, you need to hook a reader with issue one or you're toast.
    As long as Black Widow, Nova, Punisher and Loki can manage to stay above 20K, they should be fine.

They have been floating around 21K+ for months now.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by toddx77 View Post
    Interesting that Green Arrow went down. I wonder if it has to do with the fact DC is giving that book close to Marvel levels of synergy. The current run isn't bad, but with the way it is written and the type of art it feels like it is trying to be Arrow instead of the New 52 Green Arrow. If sales get too low I hope DC will just change the creative team instead of canceling the book.
    I believe they current team is fill in for Lemire's sudden departure and I think it was said that post-Convergance that'll get a new team along with most other books, I presume.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Inhuman 9 and 10 both sold a bit over 25K, so naturally Marvel is planning a second series.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Inhuman 9 and 10 both sold a bit over 25K, so naturally Marvel is planning a second series.
    Just as with Captain Marvel, there is a movie coming.