Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Batman" Takes #1 Spot on December Sales Chart, Marvel Dominates Top Ten

Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo's powerhouse regains its #1 position, but "AXIS" helps Marvel sweep seven of the top ten spots.

Full article here.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Axis is doing so poorly as an event.

King of the Dragons Mister Ferro's Avatar

That's what happens when you double/triple ship THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!!!!!!! events non-stop for 9 months in a frakin row.

Yet Marvel hasn't learned the lesson as it seems that Secret Wars will be double shipped this summer.

Over/under on how long Rocket Raccoon will last?

All-New Member

Im guessing Inhumans and Captain Marvel arent doing a well as Marvel hope they would. Especially Inhumans but Ms.Marvel seems to be doing well

Quote Originally Posted by ggny View Post
    Im guessing Inhumans and Captain Marvel arent doing a well as Marvel hope they would. Especially Inhumans but Ms.Marvel seems to be doing well
    Captain Marvel's last couple of volumes sold very poorly as well. I wonder why Marvel thought she would sell better this time around.

Fantastic Member

I love seeing those to guess which books will be cancelled next. While there are always bad news - Loki, I'll Miss you — there are always good news too, such as how the sales of Inhuman have been falling. It's also nice to see that, despite everything, the two main X-Men comics and Spider Man are still selling more than the Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamon View Post
    Captain Marvel's last couple of volumes sold very poorly as well. I wonder why Marvel thought she would sell better this time around.
    Captain Marvel is Marvel's token female character. They would rather keep relauching it in order to ride the "first issue!!!!" spike than cancel it, at least until another female-led book take its place. With She-Hulk gone and Electra selling poorly, the main options are Angela (but sales are not that good there either), and Miss Marvel.
    Last edited by Teste; 01-19-2015 at 01:53 PM.

The list doesn't factor in TPB sales and digital sales. Those factors might bump the series like Capt Marvel which are on the cancelation bubble into the safe zone.

Widow, Loki, Punisher and Nova are close to done.
    Iron Fist I imagine they'll let Kaare wrap on his own.
    Storm should be, but it probably got a small reprieve because of the internet outrage at its demise.
    Everything else on the low end is either already canned or stealth cancelled like X-Factor, X-Force, Ghost Rider, Invaders, etc.

I'd wager Deathlok is done for though. Love Mike Perkins' art but that series is taking WAY too long to go anywhere. Decompressed storytelling just kills a book. At $4 a pop, you need to hook a reader with issue one or you're toast.
    "You can talk your way out of almost anything." - Fortune Cookie Proverb

T. Foolery's unwieldy, yet not entirely unimpressive, collection of funny books.

Extraordinary Member

I'm guessing a number of books that would be canceled already are being left for now until after Secret Wars and whatever else might come with whatever is going on with Avengers relaunch. There are a lot of books that would seemingly already be canceled by now, but I think Marvel is trying to keep pace with the competition (even DC) and keeping their line with as much variety as possible.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I'm guessing a number of books that would be canceled already are being left for now until after Secret Wars and whatever else might come with whatever is going on with Avengers relaunch. There are a lot of books that would seemingly already be canceled by now, but I think Marvel is trying to keep pace with the competition (even DC) and keeping their line with as much variety as possible.
    I agree. Everything will come to an end at some point. Marvel will probably come out the other end of Secret Wars with brand new #1's for every title.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Foolery View Post
    The list doesn't factor in TPB sales and digital sales. Those factors might bump the series like Capt Marvel which are on the cancelation bubble into the safe zone.

Widow, Loki, Punisher and Nova are close to done.
    Iron Fist I imagine they'll let Kaare wrap on his own.
    Storm should be, but it probably got a small reprieve because of the internet outrage at its demise.
    Everything else on the low end is either already canned or stealth cancelled like X-Factor, X-Force, Ghost Rider, Invaders, etc.

I'd wager Deathlok is done for though. Love Mike Perkins' art but that series is taking WAY too long to go anywhere. Decompressed storytelling just kills a book. At $4 a pop, you need to hook a reader with issue one or you're toast.
    Everything being equal, titles should sell about the same (percentage wise) in digital as they do in print. Only a few titles have broken that mold, like Ms. Marvel.

The sad thing is that of these titles, only the Punisher will be given a new book any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamon View Post
    Rebranding from Ms. Marvel to Captain Marvel helped for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by ggny View Post
    The launch of the Inhumans was botched, so it definitely needs a fresh start. Captain Marvel has a lot of fans on Instagram, which is why it has lasted as long as it has. I am not sure how you can revive the comic at this point. It has a good writer, a good story, good art... Marvel is doing everything right. Comic fans just are not in the mood.

Quote Originally Posted by The S0/\/\@7ic Si/\/\[]Dl370n View Post
    Sooner rather than later. My bet is that they will make a buddy book with Rocket and someone else. Give it a few months. When it fails, go back to a Rocket comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Ferro View Post
    That's what happens when you double/triple ship THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!!!!!!! events non-stop for 9 months in a frakin row.

Yet Marvel hasn't learned the lesson as it seems that Secret Wars will be double shipped this summer.
    I think you really get one of those a year. Two is way too many. The higher ups at Marvel even said they will not be doing two events in a year again for a while.

Interesting that Green Arrow went down. I wonder if it has to do with the fact DC is giving that book close to Marvel levels of synergy. The current run isn't bad, but with the way it is written and the type of art it feels like it is trying to be Arrow instead of the New 52 Green Arrow. If sales get too low I hope DC will just change the creative team instead of canceling the book.
    I love the New 52. I love the dark and grittiness of it and find that is what makes the most enjoyable superhero stories. At the same time I find All Star Superman to be the most depressing Superman story I have ever read. Yeah I'm weird.

Only one of these top ten titles I read is Justice League, and even that one I'm rather ho-hum on right now outside the art. Still can't get into Marvel stuff anymore, and Batman's overrated. Action Comics being where its at makes me not want to live on this planet.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-19-2015 at 08:17 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The S0/\/\@7ic Si/\/\[]Dl370n View Post
    It's gonna do incredibly well in the bookstore market and will last as long as Scottie Young wants to be a part of it.

BANNED

Marvel's still holding strong. Can't wait to see next months figures.

Secret Wars is going to break the internet!

Not too many surprises, aside from SHIELD doing surprisingly well. I think the success of more realistic heroes like Ms. Marvel shows that there is a market for that sort of story. And AXIS, as reviled as it was, still sold. Like it or not, that's all Marvel really cares about. If it sells, they're not going to consider it a failure in any way. And we, the fans who whine about it, have nobody to blame but ourselves. It's that simple.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.