Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

I vote a resounding YES!

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
    I think with the cost of these books that every extra thing they can add makes it a nice book.
    And this too. I love the extras.

Not your dad, I swear Ghostwise's Avatar

It's something I could see digitally archived rather than reprinted, TBH.

If there are a few pages left, I'd rather see material such as previously unpublished concept art work.
    Writeups.org -- huge encyclopaedia of characters, chiefly from super-hero comic books. It's great.

Amazing Member

Sadly, once long part of comics, letter pages have become a rarity today. One finds some real incredible things posted, like one fan dismissing the idea of cap returning to action,raging political aguements in the cap book, things that would never see print today.If not the LP pages, then I'd go for the coming atraction pages, with the covers of the marvel books on sale that month,when the title came out.

Fantastic Member

It's neat seeing a snapshot into the thoughts of comic readers, especially in the 1960s and 70s.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by ptitjaune View Post
    For Morrison's animal man it would have been so great, as the letters are mentionned in the stories.
    I would say, in that instance, they definitely should be included.

Anyone ever see a letter they wrote in a collection?

Spectacular Member Lake Nowhere's Avatar

Uncanny X-Men is the first book I've ever owned that reprints the letters, and I love it. It's especially fun to read letters written in real time during a legendary run,
    with people complaining about stories and characters that went on to become classics, all the while whining that the old issues they grew up reading were superior. It's kind
    of what we still do.

P.S., The New 52 sucks. My 90's comics were better.

Amazing Member

Perhaps the way to do it,is two variet editions. One without those LP pages, without house adds, for a few bucks less. I like both seeing what names down the line became famous, as well as how very intelligent some lp writers were, and how very stupid a few were. One old fan, in the ff pages, came out against reviving cap, as an example. I also like some of the funny answers lee wrote back, and I'm sure that while he had no time to read all the letters sent, he was the one writing most the replies.Those letters, are like a trip through time, to when they were just hitting the stands, new and fresh.