Super Moderator

Default REVIEW: Jupiter's Legacy, #5

Book One of "Jupiter's Legacy" ends with a spectacular showdown by Mark Millar and Frank Quitely.

Full review here.

Amazing Member

Yes, it was very good.

And I won't be bothering with anything more connected with this series. It took entirely too long for this short 5-issue "ongoing" series to wrap up. I KNEW the risks of having Quitely doing the art chores but I'd halfway hoped that Image would've had the decency to make sure that Millar and/or Quitely's work was far enough ahead so that the first "arc" (and, maybe I'm alone in this, but the first couple of issues didn't really scream "Series being done in arcs," especially given the somewhat fast-pace of the series-to-date's timeline) could be somewhere close to finished before soliciting the first issue. Given the announcement of that "prequel" series--even before this issue's release (even before anyone had a clue as to a release date)--I'd already decided I was done, no matter how intrigued I've been with the title. Maybe the artist on the "prequel" can work more quickly but I'm not willing to give it a chance.

Maybe in TPB format..........and I'll rejoin Millar's little world. But I'm done with Jupiter's Legacy as a "monthly" book. The ride simply hasn't been worth it. It's been like being given what appears to be a fine sports car but it runs worse than Archie's jalopy does.

I couldn't have said it better, the solicitation and price, was inaccurate and inflated, but it was still in all, a great read...
    #MagnetoWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by BamaRainbow View Post
    Yes, it was very good.

And I won't be bothering with anything more connected with this series. It took entirely too long for this short 5-issue "ongoing" series to wrap up. I KNEW the risks of having Quitely doing the art chores but I'd halfway hoped that Image would've had the decency to make sure that Millar and/or Quitely's work was far enough ahead so that the first "arc" (and, maybe I'm alone in this, but the first couple of issues didn't really scream "Series being done in arcs," especially given the somewhat fast-pace of the series-to-date's timeline) could be somewhere close to finished before soliciting the first issue. Given the announcement of that "prequel" series--even before this issue's release (even before anyone had a clue as to a release date)--I'd already decided I was done, no matter how intrigued I've been with the title. Maybe the artist on the "prequel" can work more quickly but I'm not willing to give it a chance.

Maybe in TPB format..........and I'll rejoin Millar's little world. But I'm done with Jupiter's Legacy as a "monthly" book. The ride simply hasn't been worth it. It's been like being given what appears to be a fine sports car but it runs worse than Archie's jalopy does.
    You practically stated how I feel about this series. The year in between issues 4 & 5 completely destroyed all of my interest in this title. Before that, the pacing of issues releases were what, once every 4 months!?

What a shame. You just know that the next volume will drop in April 2016 or some crap like that, smh.
    Last edited by anubiz632; 01-21-2015 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaRainbow View Post
    Ditto.

At this point, you need to just accept this creative team's limitations and release the second volume as a TPB.

Someone refresh my memory....why are Chloe, Hutch, and Jason hiding out again? I have forgotten over the years.