Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I was being one and buying loads of books but for monetary reasons I started having to pick and choose which ones I buy now via a priority list.
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    None of them are essential. The Exiles ones are just the Exiles visiting that Earth, ten years later in real time, and are pretty impenetrable if you don't know what was going on in Exiles at the time.
    Oh, I know they're not essential. Doesn't stop me from wanting them

Even though Tony is my favorite character and I try to be a completist with him. I don't have everything. I am a completist when it comes to to my second favorite character. The Punisher. I have every comic and comic appearance of his. There were other characters I did this with as well. I have everything Pete Wisom has ever been in. I even did it with some of my favorite DC characters, but do to financial reasons and my best friends comic shop closing down. I don't anymore. Even though he is not Marvel. I am also a completist when it comes to the 10th Doctor in comics. Not only do I have everything done with him in singles. I have everything in trade. I also have every novel and audiobook made with him. Basically his complete publicated history.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 01-22-2015 at 11:35 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by neonrideraryeh View Post
    I was being one and buying loads of books but for monetary reasons I started having to pick and choose which ones I buy now via a priority list.
    I feel ya. Pretty much the same here
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

When I moved a little over 2 years ago I realized I had more long boxes than furniture.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeweasel View Post
    When I moved a little over 2 years ago I realized I had more long boxes than furniture.

I was near broke with a $110 pull list using my longs AS the furniture until a buddy spilled his cocktail on my ASM 50!!

007 girl.

It's not practical to be a "completist" anymore when there are over 50 variants of one particular issue.

Case in point...Marvel's Star Wars #1.

I'm satisfied with a few variants which struck my fancy...and they were a pinch on my handbag as those SOBs are expensive when they're 50:1 or 100:1 or signed.

So yes, I have full runs of my favourite books, but not every variant of every book.

I don't do digital...I wanna own my books,
    Kings 21:23
    And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

I would go completley digital is I 'owned' those digital copies. All DC and Marvel comics on comixology can't be downloaded. That being said, I still collect physical and digital copies of comics. Certain titles I collect digital, and certain titles I collect physical.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I used to be. Then they abandoned the unique nature of the long term numbering as an industry standard.
    I just can't be excited about the 4th time I see a #1 or #16.

I move more and more into being a Trade Waiter on so much stuff buying fewer and fewer monthly books.
    I kind of feel the same way you do, and I believe that's partly because there is no challenge to owning a complete run past the first couple of volumes. That being said,
    if I buy an issue of a title and like it, chances are good I'll eventually get the rest. There is still something to be said for collecting entire runs of Amazing Spider-Man, Avengers,
    Fantastic Four, Hulk, or Thor because it is a challenge and takes dedication. To the OP, if you don't feel like you own a book without a hard copy, then buy a hard copy too.
    If your collection causes you stress, you're creating it in your head and messing up your fun.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MutantMike View Post
    I think I'm developing a problem that's not healthy

Even though I own entire digital runs I feel the need to buy the physicals just to complete runs.

It's weird, I don't want to spend the money but I had an emotion that will not let me stop!!

I have a couple buddies who went TOTALLY digital and they said they feel so free and relaxed now. I wish I found day the same. I think I have an ulcer from stressing over my X-Men gaps
    I wish I was a completist. There's so much on my life that I could have accomplished if I just had more sticktoitedness. Ah well. Like the saying goes, there's two types of people in this world: those who finish what they start and those who