Question Help me remember this Batman comic (Widening Gyre)

Hey, I just joined this site after struggling for a couple weeks on this comic that I'm trying to remember the name of that I unfortunately lost. I've tried Google searches, but to no avail. It was so good, and I wanted to read more, since it was the first of a series. I read it over a year ago, though I'm not sure if that's when it came out or if it was older. Anyway it was a Batman comic, Bruce was aged, probably into his later 30's and it was obvious that he was getting slower/tired of this whole vigilante thing he had going on. While out saving the city he ran into this new masked hero (I'm pretty sure he was wearing a goat mask, his whole theme had something to do with mythology I believe). During the course of the comic he became friends with this goat guy and felt he was able to trust the guy. At the same time he rekindled with a former lover of his, blonde I think, she called him "DD" or "Double D" because made her reach double digit orgasms. I remember a joke with Alfred about it...

The ending of the comic is what really made me want to read more! Though I read in the rules that you're not allowed to post spoilers, so I'll wait for approval before saying what happened in the ending because it was a real jaw-dropper! If you know what the title of the comic was, please let me know! I'm dying to read more!

The Widening Gyre and I'm sorry to say the second part was never released. They talked a few years ago about getting it back in motion...but then nothing. It's not exactly in huge demand, alot of people were putt off by the terrible art or Smiths irreverent approach (the humour is admittedly pretty awful in places) but yeah overall I also liked it quite a bit. This interview is also pretty great.

Quote Originally Posted by Samicles309 View Post
    . . . At the same time he rekindled with a former lover of his, blonde I think, she called him "DD" or "Double D" because made her reach double digit orgasms. I remember a joke with Alfred about it...

The ending of the comic is what really made me want to read more! Though I read in the rules that you're not allowed to post spoilers, so I'll wait for approval before saying what happened in the ending because it was a real jaw-dropper! If you know what the title of the comic was, please let me know! I'm dying to read more!
    The bit about "double-digit orgasms" definitely doesn't make it sound like it was a main continuity Batman title. Don't have any idea of what it was (maybe something by someone like Frank Miller?), but there are ways to put spoilers in safely:spoilers:
    You just have to know the trick.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    The Widening Gyre and I'm sorry to say the second part was never released. They talked a few years ago about getting it back in motion...but then nothing. It's not exactly in huge demand, alot of people were putt off by the terrible art or Smiths irreverent approach (the humour is admittedly pretty awful in places) but yeah overall I also liked it quite a bit. This interview is also pretty great.
    BAWWW! Really?! How can they do that?! Such a cliff hanger ending! *dies* Well thanks for giving me the title at least. I might buy it anyways, just to have it. Though I didn't feel like the art was terrible *Shrug*

Thank you for the quick response!

I didn't know if you could put spoiler box things on here or not, but I don't remember how to do it anyway so it doesn't really matter. Thanks for your help though!

I didn't know if you could put spoiler box things on here or not, but I don't remember how to do it anyway so it doesn't really matter. Thanks for your help though!
    Just go back to my previous post and choose the "Reply With Quote" option to see what / how I did it. It's basically the "[" bracket, the word "spoil", and then the closing "]" bracket. At the end, repeat, but with "/spoil" between the brackets.

Widening Gyre is a sequel to Cacophony. It will be followed up with Bellicosity. We don't have a date yet, but it will come out eventually. Its OK. Everyone knows about the Silver St. Cloud/Baphomet/Onamonapia ending. Its just not too many people cared. Seems the Batman '66 meets the Green Hornet mini he co-wrote with Ralph Garman got more accolades than his (at the time) in continuity work. I will admit, as much as I love the guy's films, podcasts and even his Daredevil/Green Arrow work, he just doesn't have a voice for Batman, despite his undying love for the character.

BAWWW! Really?! How can they do that?! Such a cliff hanger ending! *dies* Well thanks for giving me the title at least. I might buy it anyways, just to have it. Though I didn't feel like the art was terrible *Shrug*

Thank you for the quick response!
    Kevin Smith is known for not finishing his books and being very slow. After so many years it still baffles me that the comic book publisher don't demand the full script before the release the first issue especially when it comes to slow writers like Kevin Smith.

Spectacular Member Obeythemoderators's Avatar

Appearently Kevin Smith got distracted by He-Man and writing another comic about Hit-Girl. He has actually said as recently as 2020 that he will be getting back to his continuation of Widening Gyre.