Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    This whole direction is just leaving me cold - I'm tired of unlikable (and sometimes downright hateable) Amazons, and the complete and total lack of any loyalty to their Queen who just rescued every single one of them from serpentdom and led them in a successful battle alongside the very gods they worship just makes no sense to me.

I get that she's not around some/most of the time (though I'm still a bit lost on why it is that every other hero can live at home and handle things without being so utterly clueless as Diana is being portrayed, but the Justice League and a boyfriend is somehow a full time position that she can't ever come home), but the open disrespect and contempt shown by these women is just too ridiculous for me to take seriously.

This has been going on since the previous run. Remember when Diana punched out Aleka for being disrespectful of her?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    This has been going on since the previous run. Remember when Diana punched out Aleka for being disrespectful of her?
    While that did happen, Diana was not Aleka's queen at the time.

Come to think of it, Aleka executed an order from Diana(who was not yet her queen) flawlessly after that punch.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    While that did happen, Diana was not Aleka's queen at the time.

True but she was the princess.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

Sure. Since then, she has become their queen as well as God Of War.

Quote Originally Posted by InSavnity View Post
    Those reveals were fresh springwater compared to that awful Crone character who apparently has the power to turn everyone into colossal jerks by simply existing, the realisation that the Queen of the Amazons actually holds no real power and the fact that a milllion idiot balls have been dropped on Diana.

And I'd like you to know that I don't see what you find hilarious in my statement, since Donna Troy has always been the epitome of non-descript character, in any incarnation of hers. In fact, the Finches' take on her is kind of clever, because instead of trying to work on what has been said about the actual character in 50 years (i.e. nothing) they decided to embrace her being a lifeless figurine, the blankest of blank slates.

I'm not a fan of messageboard hyperbole. I can honestly claim that, if the current trend is confirmed, I've officially found a WW run that could rank below both Straczynski and Picoult's runs in my list (Pfeiffer's Amazons Attack would rank even lower, but it's a cross-over, not a run).
    I get you not liking Donna but you constantly referring to her as a 'nothing' character seems more like the hyperbole you claim to hate. I mean just cause you never saw anything in her doesn't mean others didn't.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 01-20-2015 at 05:25 PM.

On the fence about the direction of Donna's character. I'm glad that she is back, but I hope the villain angle doesn't last too long or harm her character in the future.

The past two issues of Finches' run haven't been bad to me. It's average/mediocre, but it's serviceable. The only major issues I have is with the dialogue and the art. I feel like DC is could have found a better artist who is just as popular as Finch.
    Last edited by Empress96; 01-20-2015 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I don't like the unlikeable Amazons either, but what are writers to do at this point outside a complete upside down retcon of "no, they're not like this and never were, forget what you last read". And I hate stuff like that. The best hope is to mold them into a better society through the course of upcoming stories, which I hope we'll be on the road to seeing with Diana fighting for her right to be Queen.
    Diana was setting them on the right path, helping them towards a less barbaric, more unified direction. Other than Dessa, I haven't seen any trace that anyone has improved/changed.

A new writer could have easily followed this trend if they had wanted to; show more of a positive spin on the Amazons with dissenters among them, but instead we get the opposite. A new 'council' to chew out Diana, a neglectful queen, no sign of the manazons (though they're all complaining about them), no sign of the baby (let alone anyone taking care of him), no respect for their god of war, let alone their queen.

There was a great opportunity to build *up* from what Azzarello had done, but all I'm seeing is the same old thing with a nasty spin on the Amazons who show no signs of improving any time soon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Come to think of it, Aleka executed an order from Diana(who was not yet her queen) flawlessly after that punch.
    well that wasn't the best method but Diana showed who is on command. a thing that this diana can't be able to do now

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    The Amazons have all been colossal jerks since the start of Azz's run. No crone required.

There has literally not been a likeable one amongst them aside from Diana herself.
    Impossible, if they had been depicted like they are now I would have hated them since the first issue they showed up. Instead, my current feelings have begun with issue #36 and have consolidated with issue #37.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I get you not liking Donna but you constantly referring to her as a 'nothing' character seems more like the hyperbole you claim to hate. I mean just cause you never saw anything in her doesn't mean others didn't.
    Who said I don't like her? I simply don't see anything in that figurine that can make me like or dislike her. Why? Because Donna Troy has never developed as a character in 50 years. She is, and has always been, utterly amorphous.

Quote Originally Posted by InSavnity View Post
    Impossible, if they had been depicted like they are now I would have hated them since the first issue they showed up. Instead, my current feelings have begun with issue #36 and have consolidated with issue #37.

Who said I don't like her? I simply don't see anything in that figurine that can make me like or dislike her. Why? Because Donna Troy has never developed as a character in 50 years. She is, and has always been, utterly amorphous.
    Your posts about this character seem to sport a lot bile towards her. And as for lack of development I would point to her going from a teenage sidekick to a hero in her own right as well as a wife and mother would count as development to me. But hey to each their own.