Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Well, they usually do stuff that's similar close to each other so there was going to eventually be a time when they were going to ....
    CONVERGE!
    YES! Your jokes amuse me! : D

Always Rakzo

As I said on Twitter: Some good choices, some interesting choices, some bad choices, some awful choices and some mediocre choices.

BANNED

Convergence: Batgirl and Question are AUTOMATIC pick-ups.

I will for sure be getting the main Convergence books. The tie in looks really cool, but I was hoping to save money for April and May so I am not sure if I will get any, but the Shazam, Superman, and Titans look interesting.
    I love the New 52. I love the dark and grittiness of it and find that is what makes the most enjoyable superhero stories. At the same time I find All Star Superman to be the most depressing Superman story I have ever read. Yeah I'm weird.

Fantastic Member

Okaaaay...so Black Canary is not mentioned once in any of these solicitations...Heck, even Phantom Woman made a cover, but no BC? I hope there's a reason for this.

Astro City #22
    American Vampire #8
    Effigy #4
    The Kitchen #6
    The Names #8
    Strange Sport Stories #2
    Suiciders #3
    Wolf Moon #5

These for sure.

As for the rest, I'm a little baffled. Certainly disappointed with the 3.99 price point.
    This will either by my lightest DC month in 3+ years, or DCBS tempts me with a 50% off Convergence bundle.

Spectacular Member

Only thing 100% for me is the main 9 issues and all week one, and all of what will presumably be week five.

Oh, and definitely Booster since it will be plot relevant. Though to be honest I'll likely get EVERYHTHING. It's just those are the issues I'm most interested in...because it's "MY" DC.

I don't care about any of this multiverse crap from either company, but Wonder Woman drawn by Joshua Middleton? Quick! Someone get me some sort of relevant image I could post to convey my feelings on this matter. Perhaps related to an animated futuristic comedy of some sort.
    Game Over man! Game Over!

Quote Originally Posted by SwampyCA View Post
    As for the rest, I'm a little baffled. Certainly disappointed with the 3.99 price point.
    This will either by my lightest DC month in 3+ years, or DCBS tempts me with a 50% off Convergence bundle.
    Agreed. I was very much in that same boat, but two things tipped me against getting everything. First, the previous month was grossly overloaded with one shot tie-ins, annuals, and the Batman E1 HC. Secondly, Batman '66 and TWO(?!) issues of Arkham Knight are also coming out. DC would net more money from me had they just put the digital titles on hold also, at least in print form, and let me keep some money in March. $55 cover in March for extraneous books plus an estimated $18 for 2 months of digital firsts is making it easy to walk away from at least $180 over the event. Things like Superbly & the LoSH, Blue Beetle, and Supergirl: Matrix are books I'd only be picking up with an all-in discount. As it is, I'm thinking about crossing Superman: MOS and Aquaman off my list. I haven't been thrilled with the use of Windstorm's characters since New 52 started, so buying those only because of Gen13 and Deathblow appearances doesn't excite me as much.
    Last edited by jhfrail; 01-20-2015 at 09:42 PM.

I like this stuff. Small, two-issue stories featuring versions of characters we don't normally get a chance to see in modern DC continuity. Sounds good to me.

I'll skip the main Convergence title. With as many events as I've read from both companies, I have a hard time imagining this will do anything for me. I'll wait for the Wikipedia summary.

As for the extra titles, though, I counted 19 of them that I wanted to sign up for.

1. The Atom
    - Steve Dillon cover - wish he were doing the interior. I do like Steve Yeowell, though. He's a classic.

2. Harley Quinn
    - Steve Pugh cover - wish he were doing the interior. Phil Winslade, is pretty cool, though.

3. Nightwing/Oracle
    - Jill Thompson cover - yes, I DO wish she were doing the interior. I'm all-in on this title, though, because of Gail Simone's great history with the Barbara Gordon character.

4. The Question
    - Cully Hamner cover. I wish he were doing the interior...and he IS! Also, Greg Rucka is one of my favorite writers, even is this isn't about my favorite version of the Question.

5. Speed Force
    - Tony Bedard & Tom Grummett are the chief selling point for me. Knowing it's about Wally West, my favorite Flash, and that a zoo crew member guest stars (Fastbak!) puts this on my list.

6. Aquaman
    - I have a soft spot for the old harpoon-hand. Besides, there wasn't any real possibility that I was going to go a month without an Aquaman comic.

7. Suicide Squad
    - I love Tom Mandrake's art. I like seeing Black Manta on the squad. I will happily support any comic featuring an Amanda Waller with meat on her bones.

8. Supergirl: Matrix
    - While I was never terribly keen on the Matrix version of Supergirl, I do see that Keith Giffen and Ambush Bug are also involved. I suspect I will like this.

9. Superman: Man of Steel
    - You know who it was that made me love the John Henry Irons character? Louise Simonson. Thank you, DC.

10. The Flash
    - If I am interpreting this solicitation correctly, Barry Allen will be meeting Tangent Flash. I always hoped to see more of those guys. Dan Abnett writing pushes this one onto my buy list.

11. Hawkman
    - This one sounds good on every level. Great writer: Jeff Parker. Great artists: Tim Truman (!!!) and Enrique Alcatena. I think I must have meant AMAZING artists. Oh, man. On top of that, animal-men from the world of Kamandi. This could very well be the best one of the whole bunch.

12. Superboy & the Legion of Super-Heroes
    - The preview featuring Gus Storms' art sold me on this one. I'll be darned if that Pia Guerra cover doesn't also look pretty snappy.

13. Swamp Thing
    - Len Wein, the creator of Swamp Thing, writing the character for the first time in something like 40 years? If that weren't enough, seeing Kelly Jones, an obvious fan of Berni Wrightson taking on the art chores makes this one the biggest no-brainer of the bunch. I pity the fool that takes a pass on this one.

14. Blue Beetle
    - Man, I do miss the old Charlton heroes. Multiversity was nice, but not nearly enough. I'm looking forward to this.

15. Detective Comics
    - I'm really just buying this for the art team of Denys Cowan & Bill Sienkiewicz.

16. Infinity Inc.
    - I would have bought this just for the art of Ben Caldwell (loved his Wednesday Comics Wonder Woman), but then I noticed it had a Jerry Ordway story AND an appearance by post-apocalyptic Jonah Hex. That sounds like a weird, fun combo.

17. Plastic Man & the Freedom Fighters
    - I was going to say how sad I was to see Hilary Barta only doing the cover and then I noticed John McCrea was doing the interior art. Holy Moses! Him drawing Plastic Man sounds like a pretty inspired choice. Good call, DC. (Hilary Barta also would have been cool)

18. Shazam!
    - Is there anything about the solicitation for this title that doesn't inspire anticipation? After the Thunderworld issue of Multiversity, isn't everybody starving for more Shazam!?

19. World's Finest Comics
    - I have to admit, I'm drawn to this one just because it sounds so weird.

Still no Fables#150 again this month.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Convergence: The question #1
    convergence: Superman #1
    convergence: Supergirl: Matrix #1
    convergence: Adventures of superman #1
    convergence: Hawkman #1
    convergence: Action comics #1
    wonder woman ’77 special #1

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    That Riddler TPB looks awesome!
    Haha yeah that's the bright light for me too, will be great to get some of those older stories all collected together.

Will be a quiet month for me, not planning to collect the Convergence months since I really only started seriously getting into comics during the New 52, though some of the stories may tempt me to impulse buy at my local comic shop

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Speed force. Purely to see Wally West again (to me for the first time since 2010). Majorly dissapointed by the Powerless mention as that is why am not also getting Kyle seeing as...$4 a pop. May go back one day and get him, JSA, and Plastiman.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

It looks promising, diverse, yet organized...very different from what Secret Wars is looking like at the moment. I think DC understood with the New 52 that it pays to streamline titles during big events. And I think that'll help set it apart from what Marvel is doing with Secret Wars. DC has a track record of Crisis style events. Some work. Some done. But I'm of the opinion that they've had more hits than misses. So I'm going to try and be an optimist here and say this looks like another hit.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.