Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I'm skipping April and may. Except for Mortal Kombat X. I buy harley quinn Grayson and Suicide squad normally. But don't want convergence tie in minis. Gonna wait till June
    Last edited by berserkerclaw; 01-21-2015 at 11:08 AM.
    X-Men Forever

Incredible Member Prisoner 6655321's Avatar

I can't put my finger on why... I guess the simplicity but I love those Chip Kidd covers.

Amazing Member

Wow.

I can't tell you the last time this happened.

There is not a single book worth buying this month from DC.

Plus this Secret Wars thing is looking like a mess... this could be the end of mainstream comics for me.

Considering I normally buy around ten comics a week, that is saying something.

There ARE comics in there that I would buy if they were regular series (Suicide Squad, Swamp Thing...), but pointless one shots tied into a big crossover that I have no interest in? No thanks.
    Last edited by rpriske; 01-21-2015 at 06:58 AM.

Incredible Member

A LOT more DC for me then I have had since the NEW 52 (and I'm not a NEW 52 hater, I'll always be thankful to it for giving us Charles Soule's RED LANTERNS and GRAYSON) but it looks something like this:

JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA (I've always been a fan of the originals, I've triedEARTH-2 a few times but can't warm to it so it will be nice to see the old school JSA)

INFINITY INC. (I've loved the team since the beginning, I wasn't reading then but there is the joys of back issues! Jerry Ordway tends to be reliable too)

DETECTIVE COMICS (Dick Grayson AND Helena Bertineli together is cool, especially when your talking the original EARTH-2 versions who I have a soft spot for)

PLASTIC MAN AND THE FREEDOM FIGHTERS (I can take or leave Plastic Man himself, to be honest but I am looking forward to seeing the original Uncle Sam, Black Condor, Human Bomb and particularly Phantom Lady!)

BOOSTER GOLD (Jurgens on Booster is always awesome and it seems likely that this is the one that will give a hint of the future of the DCU if any do!)

BATMAN AND THE OUTSIDERS (Andreyko tends to be a solid writer who has not let me down yet!)

THE FLASH (Also Barry isn't *my* Flash Abnett is a writer I like to support)

JUSTICE LEAGUE AMERICA (Just to support Fabian Nicieza, a writer I enjoy as a rule)

NEW TEEN TITANS (A) its Wolfman, B) Its the best TITANS line-up of all, so that makes this a MUST)

SUICIDE SQUAD (Mainly because its by Tieri, again its more the writer I am supporting then the line-up)

GREEN ARROW (I've been a fan of Connor Hawke's since Grant Morrison's JLA and Dixon's work on his solo series so I'm delighted to see him again I have to say!)

CATWOMAN (Its a period of Selina's history that I like and seeing KINGDOM COME BATMAN again will be interesting too)

SUPERBOY (Its the version of the character I like best, i.e Kon-El and with the leather jacket! AND its another one by Nicieza a writer who I like to support as mentioned before).

JUSTICE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL (Fire, Ice and the original JLI should be fun! I hope I'm not disappointed)

THE ATOM (Ray Palmer and Slade interaction should be interesting, I ave liked wat I have seen of Peyer's work)

BATGIRL (the appeal of this being both Steph Brown as Batgirl AND Cassandra Cain)

NIGHTWING/ORACLE (I enjoy these 2 together, I just hope I'm not disappointed with Simone who's work I find 50/50)

SPEED FORCE (This has been talked about as a concept for years so I'm glad to see something being done with it. I *would* of liked it to include Bart Allen too but just seeing pre-FLASHPOINT Wally is exciting)

TITANS (I would like to see more of the pre-FLASHPOINT Arsenal and acknowledgment of Liane, even if she is not with us. Seeing Donna and Kori trying to help Roy should be very interesting and, as mentioned above, I am a Nicieza fan so always eager to support him)

JUSTICE LEAGUE (I may be in a minority but I *liked* the Jade/Jesse Quick/Donna/Dick as Batman JLA pre-NEW 52 so I'm excited to see them again)

QUESTION (Greg Rucka + Renee Motoya. Nuff said!)

BATMAN AND ROBIN (Just because I always enjoy Bruce and Damian together)

Cheers.

James.

I'll only wait for the trades of Justice Society, The Question and Hawkman.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

When they first announced Convergence I thought it would be a two month skip for me but the more I've learned about it the more interested I've become. I'll be getting the following:

Convergence 1-4
    Convergence-Batgirl
    Convergence-Batman and Robin
    Convergence-Nightwing/Oracle
    Convergence-Speedforce
    Convergence-Titans
    Convergence-Batman: Shadow of the Bat
    Convergence-Catwoman
    Convergence-Flash
    Convergence-Batman and the Outsiders
    Convergence-New Teen Titans
    Convergence-Blue Beetle
    Convergence-Crime Snydicate
    Convergence-Detective
    Convergence-Infinity, Inc.
    Convergence-Justice Society of America
    Convergence-World's Finest Comics
    Convergence-Shazam
    Convergence-Plastic Man and the Freedom Fighters
    Convergence-The Question
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

I'm DEFINITELY getting Speedforce and New Teen Titans. Probably also that goofy issue with Matrix Supergirl and JSA. And anything with the Zoo Crew. Man, I hope the Convergence books in general sell like gangbusters, and I hope fans get the word out on the event.

I do wish there were a Birds of Prey Convergence book. I'd love the Dinah I remember back...
    Last edited by PennyDreadful; 01-26-2015 at 07:41 AM.

Spectacular Member superiorcrisis's Avatar

I would like to get almost all (there are a few I don't, like Swamp Thing and Wonder Woman), because this is basicaly a showcase of the history of DC, but because of my budget, that's clearly impossible. Since I can get four DC titles at the most, I'll probably get:

The main Convergence series, because it's the core series, so I'll get the most out of it than any other series.

Superman- I first started buying DC regularly with Action Comics #900, So this is the tie-in I'll have to get.

Action Comics- the first superhero ever, in his first appearence in almost 10 years!

After that I'm not so sure. Green Lantern/Paralax? Shadow of the Bat? Speed Force? Booster Gold? We'll see.
    What I'm buying: Justice League, Batman, Amazing Spider-Man and a bunch of back issues.

What I'm reading: Ultimate Spider-Man (2000)

Don't tell Willie

"Y'all." - Kevin Malone

I'm not so sure about the match-ups, though. There's no way I'm rooting for Kon-El over Kingdome Come Superman, or Catwoman over Kingdome Come Batman, and I'm DEFINITELY not rooting for the Crime Syndicate over Superman and Batman One Million!
    What I'm buying: Justice League, Batman, Amazing Spider-Man and a bunch of back issues.

Don't tell Willie

"Y'all." - Kevin Malone

Quote Originally Posted by Ya1000 View Post
    I'll only wait for the trades of Justice Society, The Question and Hawkman.
    With only two issues to each title, will there even be trades for those specific titles? Or will it be more like Flashpoint trades, where they combined different titles that were (possibly) semi-related?

Example: The Flashpoint World Of Flashpoint Superman tpb collection had
    * WORLD OF FLASHPOINT #1-3
    * BOOSTER GOLD #44-47
    * THE CANTERBURY CRICKET #1
    * PROJECT SUPERMAN #1-3

Fantastic Member

The Secret Origins TPB vol1 contains issues 1-4 with each issue Origining 3 Superheroes, so maybe the TPBs for the Convergence two-parters will each contain, say, 3 or 4 of them. With 24 tie-ins this could give us 8x3 or 6x4.

[edit] which is exactly what the post before me is suggesting. Opps. - maybe I can skip the Red Rain ones and TPB them in ~6 months.
    Last edited by zwixxx; 02-21-2015 at 09:46 AM.

BANNED

I'm getting the main series and all of the Superman series except MoS. Had Simonson and Bogs returned to do it, it would be on the list as well. I'm also getting SofTB as that was probably my favorite Batman comic when I started regularly reading comics. Grant and Breyfogle on that book were unbeatable.

Speaking of which, everyone should buy the Breyfogle collection. Some of the money goes to Norm, and he needs the support after suffering a stroke that may have ended his career as an artist. It's a shame it's taken medical problems for DC to finally give the man his due. He should have been on a Batman title again over the last few years. How David Finch gets work and Norm Breyfogle doesn't astounds me...

I wouldn't recomend buying Shadow of the Bat just because you liked the original series. It's just named that because when people hear that name they think 90s Batman. It's likely to be closer to the Batman and Detective Comics issues during this time. If you like them too, that's fine. But I wouldn't buy it just because of the name.

Don't tell Willie

"Y'all." - Kevin Malone

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    With only two issues to each title, will there even be trades for those specific titles? Or will it be more like Flashpoint trades, where they combined different titles that were (possibly) semi-related?

Example: The Flashpoint World Of Flashpoint Superman tpb collection had
    * WORLD OF FLASHPOINT #1-3
    * BOOSTER GOLD #44-47
    * THE CANTERBURY CRICKET #1
    * PROJECT SUPERMAN #1-3
    I believe that they said at a retailer roadshow that Convergence minis will be collected in 8 trades with 10 issues each. The minis will be paired accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by CagedLeo730 View Post
    I believe that they said at a retailer roadshow that Convergence minis will be collected in 8 trades with 10 issues each. The minis will be paired accordingly.
    So, 10 issues would mean five series per a trade.

Wonder if they'll group by week (five titles from week one, etc.) or go more for content (like trying to group five Bat-related books from various weeks)?