Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

I'm probably going to get a bunch of these in trade. Sounds awesome, I just don't have a store nearby.
    Cyclops was right

I'm actually going to buy some DC titles in April.

I'm taking a chance and buying the Convergence titles that deal with characters from Crisis on Infinite Earths.
    Also, the Convergence: Atom #1 title because I like Ray Palmer as the Atom.
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by FishboneX View Post
    My response was to Buried Allen, who I quoted.
    Yeah - and it looked to me like you'd both misunderstood what daningotham said. If you were purely responding to Buried Allen without knowing the context then yeah - I should have quoted him instead.

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    This isn't about tiring of a book. It's about wanting to switch from floppies to trades and tactically choosing the point to do it so that you minimise the risk of having to either buy the same content twice or miss a couple of issues because wherever you stopped doesn't match with where the TPBs split. Makes sense to me.
    This is exactly what I meant, thank you! It's not at all about tiring of the stories. I'm just switching to trades for the future, I will still be getting the same titles I am currently getting. I just don't want to buy the same material twice, like getting the first two monthlies that are going to also be included in the next trade etc. It's hard to find a good time to switch as all titles have trade cut offs at different points. But DC is making it pretty easy between March and April. I've been gradually dropping titles from other companies as they reach that trade cutoff point. It's just that DC is happening all in the same month, for the most part.

I've already been enjoying having a smaller pull list every month and having more money for trades. Before I always had to have most of my comic money ear marked for the same titles every month, because that was when they were coming out. This way I can afford to read other stuff, and then come back to the titles that I normally get whenever I feel like reading the trades. And yes, MUCH cheaper. I was already saving a ton of money on the monthlies by going through DCBS. But their sister site is even more cheaper. Not only because they are trades, but I also don't have to pay for backboards, bags or pay for shipping either if my order is over $50.00 which it always is.....

www.instocktrades.com

A little disappointed that Cassandra Cain's been relegated to the background in the Batgirl story. It seems like the creative team is a lot more concerned with Steph and Tim, and Cass was just kind of tossed in as an afterthought. She deserves her own book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    Yeah - and it looked to me like you'd both misunderstood what daningotham said. If you were purely responding to Buried Allen without knowing the context then yeah - I should have quoted him instead.
    As I said, I was replying to and had quoted Burried Allen, and I don't care what the OP said in regards to this. So yes, your response should have been to Burried Allen perhaps, and not me.