Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Sue Storm of Earth-616 vs alternate Sue Storms in Secret Wars equal big awakening for Sue ?

Outside of her personal dedication to "Reed and her family" the one thing I enjoy about the alternate realities Sue Storm is that some of them are SEPARATED FROM REED.

Even the Ultimate version of Sue became a bit separated from Ultimate Reed.

Even one of the many What-IFs showed Sue with Namor instead of Reed.

Honestly does anyone think that Secret Wars will be a BIG AWAKENING for Sue Storm of the 616 Earth a bit and makes one wonder if she wasn't connected to Reed by the hip and/or if she didn't married him, then would she be a better hero from it all if she was solo and found love else where ?

As fans of Sue Storm what do you all think of this ?

Spectacular Member

I think it sounds awful, unless we go down the path Hickman took Reed in his FF run. I want nothing to come between this family. Let them have a good marriage. Reed was shown to be better off with his family. Either do the same for Sue or don't do it at all.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post

Even the Ultimate version of Sue became a bit separated from Ultimate Reed.
    I haven't read Ultimate anything for a very long time. Last I remember they were trying to kill each other and Sue won. Is this just a major understatement or have things somewhat mended between the two?

As for the 616, Sue and Reed are a classic power couple outside the grimdark universal/world espionage illuminati/new avengers schtick that's been popular for the last decade.

Even during that decade there've been very family friendly stories about their family (and friends) that would make the whole "maybe Reed and I aren't mean to be" angle incredibly disingenuous outside the "I found out he had a secret boys club" context.

I could see how Sue might have doubts after these events, but as a reader, it would seem very very forced.
    Last edited by EuphemismForSex; 02-12-2015 at 12:30 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Fiegel View Post
    I think it sounds awful, unless we go down the path Hickman took Reed in his FF run. I want nothing to come between this family. Let them have a good marriage. Reed was shown to be better off with his family. Either do the same for Sue or don't do it at all.
    Yet despite all Reed has done in the past with Franklin's power, the Illuminati, the banishment of the Hulk, Civil War and even CLONE THOR, outside family reasons, how can anyone in Sue's own way of think still stick by him after all he has done that nearly destroyed the world they helped create and also the friends that they made because of his choices ?

I dont know, that it could end up looking almost as forced as ONE MORE DAY.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    I dont know, that it could end up looking almost as forced as ONE MORE DAY.
    Rabum Alal is really after Reed and Sue's "true love"?

Quote Originally Posted by EuphemismForSex View Post
    No, its after for something even more important, their wedding photos and the marriage contract.

Not a fan. There are so few successful families in comics. It'd be a shame to lose the most prominent one. Need to have that diversity and show the other side of the spectrum of a love story that works instead of the normal comic book romance that never lasts forever.
    The Worlds Greatest Comic Magazine Review - Vol 1 (Issues 1-50) and Vol 2 (Issues 51-102)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cap10nate View Post
    Not a fan. There are so few successful families in comics. It'd be a shame to lose the most prominent one. Need to have that diversity and show the other side of the spectrum of a love story that works instead of the normal comic book romance that never lasts forever.
    Look what happen to all those "Families" in comics today. Maybe it would be interesting to see the Fantastic four reset itself and see some of the heroes go solo for a while.

Look what happen to all those "Families" in comics today. Maybe it would be interesting to see the Fantastic four reset itself and see some of the heroes go solo for a while.
    The Summers-Grey are mentally unstable, these days Magneto is only related to Polaris and the Twins no longer have any kind of family, and neither Spider-man, except for his aunt; it would be nice to see a family that these days still is a family.

And isnt Ultimate Sue the one who wanted to cut Reed's nuts, so she could have a child that could prevent the destruction of the Ultimate Universe ?.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by EuphemismForSex View Post
    NOOOOO! NO!

But also, let's remember, Ult Reed and 616 Reed are two totally different people. Ult Sue and 616 Sue are two completely different people. Sure, they may be able to relate, but I don't see Ult Sue trying to force 616 Sue to see some "reason" about how horrible her life is. Now that would be childish.

Spectacular Member

Yet despite all Reed has done in the past with Franklin's power, the Illuminati, the banishment of the Hulk, Civil War and even CLONE THOR, outside family reasons, how can anyone in Sue's own way of think still stick by him after all he has done that nearly destroyed the world they helped create and also the friends that they made because of his choices ?
    Sue literally infiltrated and spied on Shield and Steve for Reed, after everything was revealed to the world. What's your point?

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I'm not opposed to this. Reed is a terrible husband.

Unless Hickman decides to pull off something amazing in Secret Wars, Ultimate Sue might turn out to be a dumpster fire character Marvel may have to ignore forever. She's the smartest Sue, with intelligence on par with the Reed Richards of her universe, and what does she do with it? She is told by a future version of herself and others that her refusal to reconcile with Ultimate Reed will destroy her universe, and she still refuses to do it.

It can be argued that in the comics the character of Ultimate Sue is written to be the one who destroyed the Ultimate universe, and that occurred because she was the most independent and intelligent of them all. This hardly is in accord with the message Marvel is trying to send about the portrayal of females in its comics at the moment.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jphamlore View Post
    Unless Hickman decides to pull off something amazing in Secret Wars, Ultimate Sue might turn out to be a dumpster fire character Marvel may have to ignore forever. She's the smartest Sue, with intelligence on par with the Reed Richards of her universe, and what does she do with it? She is told by a future version of herself and others that her refusal to reconcile with Ultimate Reed will destroy her universe, and she still refuses to do it.

It can be argued that in the comics the character of Ultimate Sue is written to be the one who destroyed the Ultimate universe, and that occurred because she was the most independent and intelligent of them all. This hardly is in accord with the message Marvel is trying to send about the portrayal of females in its comics at the moment.
    There are ways to save her. Like, her finding a way around it and saving the universe. Another way for her to just stick to staying away from Reed. I think Ult Reed's destroying the universe because he doesn't get everything he wants says a lot more about how needy, immature, and cruel he is than anything else. That is, so long as Marvel and Hickman don't screw it up completely.