Wow, cynical much?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Remember when HoM was "the reboot"?

And then Age of Ultron?

And then AvX?

And probably some inbetween those 3?

The panic will never end.
    Did you not read any of today's news? "Secret Wars" being a reboot is confirmed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Remember when HoM was "the reboot"?

And then Age of Ultron?

And then AvX?

And probably some inbetween those 3?

The panic will never end.
    A brief respite until the next crossover. Time enough for a cold beer.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TresDias View Post
    Did you not read any of today's news? "Secret Wars" being a reboot is confirmed.
    It's a melding of universes for the event. While some things may change for the new launch afterward, I don't see it as being a reboot.

BANNED

It's basically "Crisis On Infinite Earths: Marvel Style." How was "Crisis" not a reboot?

BANNED

This is a tough pill to swallow. I'm mean, I knew Marvel would come to their senses after Heroes Reborn, but this Battleworld business seems like a point of no return of which I don't think I'll be able to ignore.

Fantastic Member

Scalet Witch: "No More Marvel"

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    agreed. meaningless click bait.
    Isn't this story the comic book equivalent to click bait though?

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Of course, it's dead for real in precisely the same way that Steve Rogers was really, really dead a few years back. You know it's coming back eventually, and not just in the piecemeal Battleworld format.

After all, they're eventually going to want to tell stories set on an Earth that has a somewhat coherent history without divergent versions of the same characters always coexisting, and that somewhat (not too closely, given the superhumans and fictional countries, of course) resembles 'the world outside your window'. For example, it would be nice if it was ever daytime in the MU..... nothing's been mentioned about the Sun being saved along with the bits of alternate Earths, so we must assume it's always nighttime on Battleworld.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post

“I’m an empirical guy,” he said. “Maybe this is coming back out of my old geology days, but I try not to have instant reactions to things and say, ‘Oh my God! That’s terrible!’ My basic reaction “[Longtime DC Editor] Julie Schwartz once told me in the late ’60s or early ’70s when I was starting out that the average reader read comics for about three years. But that changed drastically right about the time Julie told me that,” Conway said. “Readers started staying around for five years, 10 years, now 20 years and more. And the problem is that existing readers want two different things: They want growth and change, but they don’t want it to be different. And these are two conflicting, horribly conflicting, notions.”

The notions may be divided by the very generations Conway speaks of

But in 2015’s Twitter-fueled culture, instant reactions are all the rage. You don’t have to look far to find fans trotting out the old saw of “Marvel just ruined my childhood.” Conway has a message for them.

“I would say to them, no, your childhood is still your childhood. There’s a point to be made, and it’s a universal one: We have to see that there’s a difference between what people do today, and what they did yesterday. Yesterday still exists, those stories still exist. Now someone else is getting a chance at a new childhood. And that’s nice.”
    The message here is that the days in the 60's when I was reading, 3 years was all I was supposed to read, so when I read for 50 years, that made it difficult for Marvel to fit in all the history of the characters. So the Obituary is Marvel being able to hang up all that history that they didn't expect anybody to remember 50 years of it. I understand Marvel had to do that, because too much happens over a long period and characters aging in real time was problematic, so something had to give. Battle World will be this sweeping away of all the contradictions that a 50 year continuity does to characters aging. It does a lot of things, like modernize origins, and remove unwanted characters. But most of all it eliminates the need to explain what characters were doing in 1961.

Iron Mans wall map ended at Infinate Futures (HA Avengers #5). This is what happens after Everything Ends.
    Last edited by jackolover; 01-21-2015 at 05:45 PM.

People are freaking out about an article by Jim McLauchlin from Wizard? Ok..... And yes they were called Timely Comics at the time (punny?), but it started in 1939, not 1961.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Joe View Post
    People are freaking out about an article by Jim McLauchlin from Wizard? Ok..... And yes they were called Timely Comics at the time (punny?), but it started in 1939, not 1961.
    The Marvel Age of Comics started in 1961 with the debut of The Fantastic Four #1

Nah, it started with Marvel Comics #1

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Joe View Post
    Nah, it started with Marvel Comics #1
    The company which is now known as marvel comics started as Timely Comics with the publication of Marvel Comics #1

Deuces 616, Hello future.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales