Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

But the Renew Your Vows Spidey is a different one to 616 Spidey, abeit similar from the brief glimpse we got of him during Spidey Verse #2.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    But the Renew Your Vows Spidey is a different one to 616 Spidey, abeit similar from the brief glimpse we got of him during Spidey Verse #2.
    Who's to say 616 Spidey post-OMD has been the real one?

If you've been following Spider-Verse, they seem to be making a bit of a big deal out of that. Mayday's convinced her dad is the real one, Spidey India says 616 Peter's the real one, UK Spidey says they're all the real one etc. It's all part of a meta fictional masterplan by Slott to blur the lines
    Last edited by Cameron Samurai; 01-21-2015 at 11:17 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    And you know this...how? Given all that's been said ("Major plans for MJ", "Fans will have their minds blown" "Resolving relationship issues") it seems like it's going to be more than just a bait-and-switch for the long term. All of that does not seem to scream "Ah, gotcha"

It's pretty clear you don't want the current status quoe changed long-term and are just projecting your own desires on the end result, that's fine, that's good, but that doesn't mean you're always going to get your way.

As for "Marvel prefers them apart...", no, Quesada/Brevroot/Slott/Wacker prefered them apart. And most of them are gone now. And even when Quesada was still in charge, Marvel were still publishing marriage stories even after OMD was implemented, and only stopped because Mayday couldn't keep her book afloat. They still publish marriage stories now, even if it's in a fun little daily publication. They have never went a year or a decade without the marriage since 1987. Ever.
    you know funny marvel been trying get rid of spider-marriage ever since 1987 before Quesada/Brevroot/Slott/Wacker came on board
    Last edited by theshow07; 01-22-2015 at 02:36 PM.

My guess is this is the 616 Spidey remembering everything and also finding little mayday. The reason is if they are merging the universe with the ultimate one they no longer need Peter to seem young because they will have Miles Morales to do that.

BANNED

I'm actually okay with all this if:

1 Peter and MJ are legitimately reunited, married or not
    2 Peter, Miles and Miguel (older, younger and future) are the only Spider-characters left
    3 The drivel that has passed for Spider-man comics of the last 8 years is wiped clean away

...sixteen, seventeen... Fifteen's Avatar

Dunno if anyone else made this guess but my guess is the universes colliding together will somehow undo everything. Maybe the collision knocks things loose and all the various events that happened post-OMD will have still happened, just altered in a way that MJ and Peter were still married. It's not like Peter's being single changed the Marvel Universe that drastically outside of his own little world. They have a daughter a few months after OMD would have occurred, proving the fan theories that Mary Jane was pregnant at the time true, and the time that passed since then will have aged to her the point she is now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fifteen View Post
    the time that passed since then will have aged to her the point she is now.
    I've had the same idea about this for a bit now, and it fits exactly with what Alonzo said about these events forwarding developments in "real time" rather than be slaves to the sliding time scale

Fantastic Member

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Probalus View Post
    Different editorial now. And different circumstances too. There was only one Spider Man back then and now we have Miles (and Miguel if he survives Secret War) as our alternative single Spider-Men. Like others have said, this is Marvel's big chance to bring back a lot of old fans who left or were disenfranchised because of OMD, but still write stories for a younger Spider Man that newer fans want.
    NOT exactly, Alonso and Brevoort were part of that editorial who wanted the marriage gone. As for the circumstances, not much has changed... Miles may have his fans, but it's Peter they want to remain young and single.

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    NOT exactly, Alonso and Brevoort were part of that editorial who wanted the marriage gone. As for the circumstances, not much has changed... Miles may have his fans, but it's Peter they want to remain young and single.
    We can all argue about what goes on in their heads over the EIGHT years since OMD happened but nonetheless the circumstances HAVE changed. Miles didn't even exist back then. The fact that he's around and hes coming to 616 *may* lead to the editorial wanting to differentiate Peter from him more. People CAN change their minds after so many years, especially since there are still so many fans who refuse to move on from this.

BANNED

Miles coming to the 616 isn't exactly a fact. There's a fat ol' asterisk there.

Fantastic Member

We can all argue about what goes on in their heads over the EIGHT years since OMD happened but nonetheless the circumstances HAVE changed. Miles didn't even exist back then. The fact that he's around and hes coming to 616 *may* lead to the editorial wanting to differentiate Peter from him more. People CAN change their minds after so many years, especially since there are still so many fans who refuse to move on from this.
    It's just as possible their minds haven't been changed at all. Just because Miles exists doesn't mean things may be any different when it comes to 616 Peter.

EDIT: Whose to say, even if Miles does come to the 616, they don't have a SINGLE experienced Peter mentoring him?

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    It's just as possible their minds haven't been changed at all. Just because Miles exists doesn't mean things may be any different when it comes to 616 Peter.
    Sure. But you're speculating, just like me. Except you didn't present it that way.

EDIT: Whose to say, even if Miles does come to the 616, they don't have a SINGLE experienced Peter mentoring him?
    I'm not arguing about that. The conversation is about why Marvel would / would not want to revert back to a married Peter. I presented a case for the former. Right now it's all up in the air.

Fantastic Member

Sure. But you're speculating, just like me. Except you didn't present it that way.

I'm not arguing about that. The conversation is about why Marvel would / would not want to revert back to a married Peter. I presented a case for the former. Right now it's all up in the air.
    Uh, yes I did, that's all I was doing... speculating, same as you. It may happen, may not happen... just saying that I wouldn't be surprised if it ended with him still single, with a few new wrinkles thrown in. Again, just guessing here... we'll see.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Miles coming to the 616 isn't exactly a fact.
    Saying this despite it clearly being said 616 and Ultimate will smash together and cohabit Battleworld's Manhattan is a tell-tale sign of reaching

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    Saying this despite it clearly being said 616 and Ultimate will smash together and cohabit Battleworld's Manhattan is a tell-tale sign of reaching
    Hence the asterisk you conveniently left out of my statement.

Same way Marvel Zombies and Age of Ultron share a section of Battleworld. It's 616 Manhattan, but not quite.