Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wolverine's height

Hi I've read a lot of material over the years and I've noticed that Wolverine's height has been inconsistent. Officially he is listed as being 5'3 but several times I've seen him to be at least 6 feet tall. I think this is because many artists nowadays are basing him on Hugh Jackman but in truth he shouldn't be any taller than 5'3. For example Kitty Pryde is 3 inches taller than him and yet I've seen material that puts him as the taller one. I find this annoying and I want to know other people's opinion.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

It used to bother me, but now I don't really care. In the Ultimate Universe he was 6'1", more like his movie counterpart, for this reason. In some video games and other media I've seen him listed at 5'9". In the 616 Marvel Universe he's supposed to be around 5'3". But as you said, artists have been drawing him at different heights for decades now. Even prior to Hugh Jackman playing him in the films.

As long as he's shorter than guys like Captain America and Cyclops, but taller than Jubilee and Puck, I'm good. I just chalk it up to the fact that his posture is bad and he slumps his shoulders due to all that adamantium in his skeleton weighing him down. So when he stands up straight, he's a bit taller than 5'3". I should get a no-prize for that explanation.

Yeah his height has always been somewhat inconsistent and very obviously so in the last decade and a bit probably due to Hugh Jackman. But it really doesn't bother me at all. I'd prefer him to not be dead mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    It used to bother me, but now I don't really care. In the Ultimate Universe he was 6'1", more like his movie counterpart, for this reason. In some video games and other media I've seen him listed at 5'9". In the 616 Marvel Universe he's supposed to be around 5'3". But as you said, artists have been drawing him at different heights for decades now. Even prior to Hugh Jackman playing him in the films.

As long as he's shorter than guys like Captain America and Cyclops, but taller than Jubilee and Puck, I'm good. I just chalk it up to the fact that his posture is bad and he slumps his shoulders due to all that adamantium in his skeleton weighing him down. So when he stands up straight, he's a bit taller than 5'3". I should get a no-prize for that explanation.
    I'd agree with this perspective more or less completely. Artists are hugely inconsistent from book to book, whether it's height, skin colour or other features. It's best just to not worry about it too much.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

616-4 ft 5in very hairy B4movie now moderatly

Movie verse 6 ft 4 in low body hair Less with each movie

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

He will always be 5'3 to me
    X-Men Forever

Out of curiosity, are you short? The only people I've ever found who really care about Wolverine's height are short guys.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. Just something I've noticed is all.

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

Maybe adamantium has elastic properties so his metal laced bones can expand from 5'4 to 6'0 depending on ambient temperature?

Nah I'm not short, it just something that bugged me
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    Till All Are One

BANNED

I thought he was 5'4"

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I thought he was 5'4"
    Nah he's always been listed as 5'3. Marvel have had inconsistent heights before, Frenzy is a good example. She is listed as being 6'11 and yet in recent years she has been drawn to be a full foot shorter. (I remember one scene where Gambit was taller than her and she was wearing heels as well).
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    Till All Are One

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

How tall is Storm?

Quote Originally Posted by just another user View Post
    How tall is Storm?
    She's 5'11
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    Till All Are One

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    He will always be 5'3 to me
    Same here. I always thought it was cool that he was so short and such a badass...

It always sort of amused me that if Wolvie is 5'3 then how freaking short is X-23 she's like borderline midget XD.