Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Old Man Logan and what's left of the AoA and DoFP timelines? Yay!

The rest? Meh. Don't really care.

BANNED

Not looking forward to this.

Initial reaction(s):

Great news businesswise.

Months and months of Hickman stories. Positivity diminished.

Alternate and Ultimate universes merge with the superior '616' universe. Positivity not absolutely gone, but...

If Ultimate Hulk replaces '616' Hulk, then I'll have a total meltdown.

I'll wait and see. I won't be expecting anything amazing, that's for sure.

Fantastic Member

initial reaction is well i already expected it. id be more surprised if they didnt do it.

as to how i feel about it, i'm very much looking forward to it. as long as they have a good long-term concrete plan, of whats coming as opposed to what happened to DC boldly proclaiming that "everything still happened and then.. well not really only this and that... and then oh wait we're changing this again.." . if that happens to marvel, then damn ill be out of it as much as i am with DC

I have a lot of faith that Secret War itself will be awesome. Hickman is a good writer and he's been laying seeds for this all along. He's worked hard to set up something awesome.

As for the news today, I don't think we know enough yet. I'm not surprised the Ultimate Universe is gone or that it'll merge. That Universe has been limping along for a while. I'm also not surprised they want to fold in some of the better elements. I'm thanking heaven right now Ultimate Cap and Ultimate Thor are dead.

As for the rest, the execution will matter. For example, putting 1602 era heroes in the modern 616 would be stupid. Revealing the events of 1602 are part of past continuity of the new 616 would be awesome.

Another example: part of what made the original AoA so awesome was that Magneto's X-men were laying it all on the line to fix the timeline so their universe never happened as the AoA wasn't just an alternate reality, it WAS the 616. Making AoA its own separate universe undercut that. So if instead of transplanting people from AoA you go back to the idea it was a fractured and destroyed alt 616, you'd restore that sense of heroic sacrifice.
    Last edited by DrTraveler; 01-20-2015 at 07:52 PM.

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

" I wonder when Marvel's animation will really deliver the goods given new additions to it's team "

Literally that, no sarcasm intended. By the the time the first Battleworld map was released and explained it was a no brainer and really softened the blow for the big reveal today. So it was more akin to " Oh okay, that, anyways..see above--> "

So I'm not really wow'd. The face of comics changing rapidly has become so par the course I don't really even feel it anymore. In fact I'm pretty sure it would take a headline stating " Comic book to remain completely unchanged and stay the course for next five years " to actually get a jaw drop out of me as that would be more unexpected. Whereas if they announced Mr.Sinister was to be replaced by a bunny I would be like " Of course he will, it is Tuesday after all ".

I'm glad to finally see the end of the Ultimate Universe, and at least it's by the hand of someone that has experience with it in Hickman.

Other than that, still not much interest. Not a Hickman fan, so I won't be getting the main mini unless I can find it cheap at a comic show.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel_Is View Post

If Ultimate Hulk replaces '616' Hulk, then I'll have a total meltdown.
    you and me both.

Member Since Jun 2009 thecrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FattyTravy View Post
    I started reading Hickman's recent work and while some of it was really good some of it was incredibly, incredibly boring. I've tried getting into Marvel a few times but it is convoluted to the point of insanity, something which has in turn made me actively dislike Marvel since they put way too much focus on universe building rather than character building. That being said, maybe that will all change with a reboot that will, hopefully, make things less of a cluster****.
    I honestly wouldn't think of Marvel and convoluted in the same sentence; that honor goes to DC, for me.

BANNED

Initial reaction? So fat I've had lots of fun watching rationality burn like Toilet Paper. It will likely wear thin after 6 months of it though. Also like toilet paper.

BANNED

Potentially awesome. Depends on how cohesive it is executed.

BANNED

Question, I've seen it written that it's a merging of Ultimate and Main, and I've seen it written that it's a merging of Ultimate, Main, and other. Which is it? If it's other I'm interested, if it's Ultimate it's really just an excuse to salavage Miles Morales and really not much else from the Ultimate U so they can stop publishing the line. I stopped reading anything but Ultimate Spidey after several terrible Millar books, and from what I've read/seen I haven't been missing a whole hell of a lot (I've heard good things about X-Men, but mostly because I've heard they've been allowed to go off the rails because nobody's paying attention/cares).

What are we gaining if it's just the Ultimate U? D##khead Captain America? Who's even alive anymore? I suppose I'll just have to wait and find out. Hope there's more to it than Miles Morales (though it's always good to add to a franchise, and having Miles as a sidekick/buddy of Peter can't hurt that franchise).

My first thought was that if I try to keep up with all of this change in print then my wallet is going to run away from home and accuse me of abuse. If anything I am feeling very curious, very wait and see, and in a mood to post on forum slinging poop. You see, I am wondering how many of these characters I followed for years that I am going to really know any more outside of the shallow shell in that all those little details over time added a layer of depth that will be washed away to rehash old stories into new. It is what it is. Let's just hope for something that I have missed out of the big 2 for a while. Good, fun tales of pulp like adventure with super "heroes."
    My Monthly Pulls - DC: Waiting for Deathstroke and Vigilante. Marvel: Moon Knight. The Vision, Waiting for Solo. Valiant: Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, Divinity III Stalinverse, Bloodshot USA event, Waiting for PSI Lords. Why aren't you reading Valiant and other Indies too?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    you and me both.
    Even worse, we may have to watch U-Hulk rape and eat the remains of Classic Hulk as a send off. o_O

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    some fear, some excitemnt for new things to come. Mixed feelings
    This is how I'm feeling, but I have alot of faith in Hickman.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark