Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I don't necessarily care about the event itself, I'm looking forward to the after math. Especially in the Spider-Man, X-Men, and Fantastic Four parts of the universe.

Member Since Jun 2009 thecrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel_Is View Post
    Even worse, we may have to watch U-Hulk rape and eat the remains of Classic Hulk as a send off. o_O
    I'm not sure that's likely.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    Initial reaction? So fat I've had lots of fun watching rationality burn like Toilet Paper. It will likely wear thin after 6 months of it though. Also like toilet paper.
    It's fun to watch the fans go wild. It doesn't seem as bad as I thought. It doesn't look like we're losing 616 Marvel so much as getting rid of the Ultimate Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    Initial reaction? So fat I've had lots of fun watching rationality burn like Toilet Paper. It will likely wear thin after 6 months of it though. Also like toilet paper.
    In Soviet Marvel toilet paper burns through you. Like comic book...
    My Monthly Pulls - DC: Waiting for Deathstroke and Vigilante. Marvel: Moon Knight. The Vision, Waiting for Solo. Valiant: Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, Divinity III Stalinverse, Bloodshot USA event, Waiting for PSI Lords. Why aren't you reading Valiant and other Indies too?

Astonishing Member

Wait, so does this mean all series are starting at #1 again?

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    Yeah, most likely.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by thecrimson View Post
    I'm not sure that's likely.
    Why not? What Marvel chooses to keep may be different from what fans actually prefer. Marvel has constantly struggled with keeping interest in the Hulk title. Rape Hulk may be what they've envisioned the Hulk to be all along.

I don't want it to be true, but I'm getting a sinking feeling that some of my favorites will ultimately (no pun intended) bite the dust.

Why not? What Marvel chooses to keep may be different from what fans actually prefer. Marvel has constantly struggled with keeping interest in the Hulk title. Rape Hulk may be what they've envisioned the Hulk to be all along.

I don't want it to be true, but I'm getting a sinking feeling that some of my favorites will ultimately (no pun intended) bite the dust.
    I'm just curious why you think UU Hulk will just replace normal Hulk instead of the two just...merging in someway.

I'm just curious why you think UU Hulk will just replace normal Hulk instead of the two just...merging in someway.
    If anything Hulk will be more like MCU Hulk, which I have no problem with.

I'm curious. I wonder what will happen to all the current titles. Seems that if this is a reboot then all current titles get cancelled no? Some titles just got started so I have a hard time thinking they will all get cancelled. I hope it's not a mass cancellation, I'm sure most of us would like to see some of the lesser known titles we pick up each month chug along for awhile (Silver Surfer!).

But Marvel sure does like their #1's. So it wouldn't surprise me if many books get canned to bring in new ones and big titles (Avengers, X-Men, etc) get an all new all different all new exciting #1! And could this open the door for a return of Wolverine? Magic 8 ball says....Likely.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    Yep, and at $5.00USD a pop.

Quote Originally Posted by CheesePizza View Post
    I'm curious. I wonder what will happen to all the current titles. Seems that if this is a reboot then all current titles get cancelled no? Some titles just got started so I have a hard time thinking they will all get cancelled. I hope it's not a mass cancellation, I'm sure most of us would like to see some of the lesser known titles we pick up each month chug along for awhile (Silver Surfer!).

But Marvel sure does like their #1's. So it wouldn't surprise me if many books get canned to bring in new ones and big titles (Avengers, X-Men, etc) get an all new all different all new exciting #1! And could this open the door for a return of Wolverine? Magic 8 ball says....Likely.
    I think they're stopping a lot of titles while Secret Wars plays out. Or not, I'm not sure.

BANNED

MERGING!?!

Ultimate Member

If the characters histories are largely kept intact them I'm ok.

However, it does sound like there'll be some retcons to be had.

All in all, I'm curious.

MERGING!?!

That's my take since that's what they seem to be going for. A merging of the two universes, so that means characters too, right?