Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Well, might as well talk about the Battleworld Map

I know we've had a Battleworld Map discussion before, but the official map is up on Marvel's site and I think it has some new territories that weren't identified before. May as well start chatting about them here. Here's what I'm seeing on the map:

Sections 1 and 2 are a very Hulk-centric area, separated from the mainland.
    1. Greenland - Based on 2006's Planet Hulk. Domain of the Planet Hulk series.
    2. Dystopia - Based on 1992's Hulk: Future Imperfect. Domain of the Future Imperfect series. Baron: The Maestro.

Then we have one large continent which wraps around the globe, but having two large lakes/rivers dividing the landmass apart.

3. Domain of Apocalypse - Based on 1995's Age of Apocalypse. Baron: Apocalypse (taken control from the four horsemen). Domain of Age of Apocalypse.
    4. Egyptia - Based on New Warriors' Forever is Yesterday. No series announced yet.
    5. Technopolis - Based on 1987's Iron Man: Armor Wars. Domain of the Armor Wars series.
    6. Valley of Doom. No series announced yet.
    7. Spider-Island - Based on the 2011 event of the same name. This is one of the few sections completely surrounded by water. Domain of Spider-Island.
    8. The Regency - Based on a deviation from 2007's "One More Day." Domain of Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows.
    9. King James' England - Based on 2003's 1602. Domain of 1602: Witch Hunter Angela.
    10. Weirdworld - Based on the 1970s fantasy comic. Domain of the Weirdworld series.
    11. Kun Lun - Based on Iron Fist...stuff. Domain of the Master of Kung-Fu series.
    12. Utopolis - Apparently a Squadron Supreme-ish zone. Domain of the Squadron Sinister series. Baron: Hyperion.
    13. New Mars - Based on Killraven stuff. No series announced yet.
    14. Doomgard No series announced yet.
    15. Higher Avalon - Based on Captain Britain stuff. No series announced yet. Baron: Brian Braddock (replacing Jamie Braddock).
    16. Arachnia - Based on this year's Spider-Verse. Domain of the Spider-Verse series.
    17. Marville - Based on Scottie Young's X-Babies. Domain of the Giant Size Little Marvel: AvX story.
    18. The Eye of Agamatto - Based on Dr. Strange stuff. No series announced yet.
    19. Doomstadt.
    20. Manhattan - domain of the Ultimate End series.
    a. 616 - the "main" Marvel Universe.
    b. 1610 - the Ultimate Marvel Universe.
    c. Attilan - Domain of the Inhumans: Attilan Rising series.
    d. Monsteropolis - Based on Rick Remender's "Monster Avengers" arc in Secret Avengers. Domain of the Mrs. Deadpool and the Howling Commandos series.
    21. The City - Based (at least in part) on The Korvac Saga. Domain of The Korvac Saga.
    22. The Warzone - Based on 2006's Civil War. Domain of Civil War.
    23. New Quack City - Based on Howard the Duck stuff. No series announced yet.
    24. The Far East - Apparently based on Where Monsters Dwell. Domain of the Where Monsters Dwell series.
    25. The Valley of Flame - Based on Devil Dinosaur. Also used in Where Monsters Dwell.
    26. The Hydra Empire - Speaks for itself. Domain of the Hail Hydra! series.
    27. 2099 - Speaks for itself. Domain of Secret Wars 2099.
    28. The Hala Field - Apparently based on Carol Danvers stuff. Home of the Captain Marvel and the Carol Corps series.

What's notable is that a lot of the X-Men themed territories are clustered together on the east side of the map, wrapping over to the Domain of Apocalypse back on the west side. Oddly, 2099 is on the east side and surrounded by mutant territories.

29. The Monarchy of M - Based on 2005's House of M. Domain of House of M.
    30. Sentinel Territories - Based on 1980's Days of Futures Past. Domain of X-Men: Years of Futures Past..
    31. The Wastelands - Based on 2007's Old Man Logan. Domain of the Old Man Logan series.
    32. Mutopia - Based on the Morrison/Quietly era of X-Men comics circa 2001. Domain of the E is for Extinction series.
    33. Westchester - Based on the X-Men cartoon circa 1992. Domain of the X-Men '92 series.
    34. Killville - Apparently a new realm, where killing is a common practice. To be used in the MODOK: Assassin comic.
    35. Arcadia - Apparently a "feminist paradise" and home of the all-female A-Force. Also completely surrounded by water, though close to the mutant areas. Domain of A-Force.
    36. Bar Sinister - Based on 1987's "Mutant Massacre." No series announced yet. Baron: Mister Sinister.
    37. Limbo - Based on 1988's Inferno crossover. Domain of the Inferno series. Baron: Formerly Madelyn Pryor.

The last three locations are attached to the main continent, but cut off by a fourth "location," The Wall. Given the danger of these locations--infectious zombies, killer robots, and an omnipotent Thanos--it seems prudent to keep these sections out. This is also a zone where transgressors of Doom's law are banished.

38. The Deadlands - Based on 2006's Marvel Zombies. Domain of the Marvel Zombies, Marvel Zombies vs. Age of Ultron, and Red Skullseries.
    39. Perfection - Based on 2013's Age of Ultron. Domain of the Marvel Zombies vs. Age of Ultron series.
    40. New Xander - Based on 1991's Infinity Gauntlet. Domain of the Infinity Gauntlet series.
    41. The Wall - A barrier to keep the worst zones separate from Battleworld. Based on S.H.I.E.L.D.. To be used in the Marvel Zombies and SIEGE series.

Stuff that's not on the map at present:

- The Holy Wood: The home of Wonder Man which neighbors Forest Hills.
    - Timely: An old west domain. Domain of the 1872 series.
    - Knowhere: Orbiting Battleworld. Domain of the Guardians of Knowhere series.
    - MC2: Will be featured in Spider-Island.
    - Mondo City and Yinsen City - Settings of Captain Britain and the Mighty Defenders.

Stuff that takes place everywhere:
    - Secret Wars (main book)
    - Secret Wars Journal
    - Secret Wars: Battleworld
    - Thors
    - Runaways
    - Starlord and Kitty Pryde
    - Ghost Racers

So...discuss. Tell me what else needs to be filled in. (I need to go back and watch the video.)
    Last edited by resipsaloquitur; 05-28-2015 at 06:46 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I still think it's funny that the Legion of Monsters appears to be spared. And they're in an interesting position given that they probably have one of the larger "armies" at that point.

Mighty Member

Thanks for this.

Sucks we have to wait two weeks before any more teases.

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

Apparently Renew your Vows is set in The Regency, not Arachnia. Mutopia was a luxury city for Mutants which appeared in the House of M tie-in, Mutopia X.
    I think that The City could be Marvel Noir, and Hala Fields could have something to do with Captain Mar-Vell.
    What's strange though, is that the Howard the Duck segment is called New Quack City. Howard himself came from New Stork City.
    Currently Reading in Single Issues/Trades:
    Marvel:Hulk (NOW), Ant-Man (NOW), Avengers: Time Runs Out,
    DC:Earth 2, Superman: Earth One, The Flash,
    Titan: Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Doctor Who: Four Doctors,
    Upcoming:
    Secret Wars: Planet Hulk, The Last Days of Ant-Man, House of M,
    Marvel:Totally Awesome Hulk, Astonishing Ant-Man, Carnage,
    DC:Earth 2: Society,
    Titan:Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Year 2, Doctor Who: The Eighth Doctor,
    Co-Editor of CBR's Age of Marvel Amazing Line

BANNED

I'd like to see Xandar's 500 Nova Corps members New Xandar duking it out with an army of Ultrons! Perfection

Also like to see an army of Hulks Greenland leaping towards and ripping to shreds an army of flying Sentinels Sentinel Territories

The Marvel Zombies The Deadlands going up against the inhabitants of the Age of Apocalypse Domain of Apocalypse is appropriate regarding : Survival of the fittest or fullest if you're a Zombie

I green-highlighted the stuff Marvel has confirmed. (I'd do that for the stuff in the video, but even with the video we don't have a lot of info.) The three classifieds are in red...because.

To be more precise, http://marvel.com/news/comics/23736/...ly_secret_wars

Blown Up Version @ http://cdn3-www.superherohype.com/as...eworld-map.jpg

You can also check http://www.theweeklyhaul.com/?p=3675

And about the first area (courtesy of theweeklyhaul site),
    1. Greenland -
    This humorously-named area houses the Planet Hulk reality (Get it? Green land = planet full of Hulks? Oh, Marvel, you guys…), which we discussed in some depth in our previous installment.
    Last edited by MajorHoy; 01-20-2015 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    I'd like to see Xandar's 500 Nova Corps members New Xandar duking it out with an army of Ultrons! Perfection

Also like to see an army of Hulks Greenland leaping towards and ripping to shreds an army of flying Sentinels Sentinel Territories

The Marvel Zombies The Deadlands going up against the inhabitants of the Age of Apocalypse Domain of Apocalypse is appropriate regarding : Survival of the fittest or fullest if you're a Zombie
    Notice how Perfection, The Deadlands, and New Xandar, are separated from the other nations by The Wall. I think that this is because whoever made Battleworld doesn't want the Ultrons and Zombies to destroy every other nation. The Nova Corps are there to stop the Zombies and Ultrons from escaping.
    Upcoming:

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Roman View Post
    Apparently Renew your Vows is set in The Regency, not Arachnia.
    I'd like to see that confirmed somewhere. I watched the video, and RYV landed on the Arachnia spot...which is a much more appropriate name. "Regency" sounds royal. Maybe it's the Camelot-ish Avengers from Kurt Busiek's first Avengers arc?

Good point. Maybe The Regency could be a world based around Doomquest? Also, Arcadia could be the home of Arcade and Murderworld
    Upcoming:

BANNED

The placement of the Wall is interesting. I can. See why one would wish to keep Ultron and the Zombies out, but what's in New Xandar that's so important to isolate?

Edit: MightyRoman beat me to it. What do you suppose the diamond shaped bulges on it are?

And I'm surprised there's no Asgard even though we saw an image with an army of Thors today. Unless that's a classified zone, but that'd be a weird one to classify.

BANNED

Duck World---Marvel Debut of Donald Duck

Internet melts/

Calling it.

Also Ultimates Marvel cross over. Marvel Zombies 2015

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Roman View Post
    Good point. Maybe The Regency could be a world based around Doomquest? Also, Arcadia could be the home of Arcade and Murderworld
    I hope you're right!

Quote Originally Posted by resipsaloquitur View Post
    And I'm surprised there's no Asgard even though we saw an image with an army of Thors today. Unless that's a classified zone, but that'd be a weird one to classify.
    You might be right!

My guess for the classified zones: "Earth X", "Miracleman", and as a wild card that I know won't happen at all "The MCU".