Self-Loathing Bendis Fan

Default True or False? Marvel/DC cinematic collaboration.

True or False?

By the time the current cinematic superhero boom runs out of steam – however long that'll take – Marvel and DC will NOT leave gazillions of dollars lying on the table, and WILL collaborate on THE CROSSOVER MOVIE TO OFFICIALLY END ALL CROSSOVER MOVIES.

THE AVENGERS vs THE JUSTICE LEAGUE!

A WB/Disney collaboration.

There will never be a DC/Marvel comic crossover again, let alone a cinematic one.

Also Superman can defeat every MCU Avenger alone.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

I have to say that Pinsir's view is far FAR more likely than _underscore's (you know that's redundant, right? ).
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

BANNED

True. Both are creatively bankrupt companies who wouldn't leave potential billions on the table.

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

I remember an interview with Hugh Jackman and he was talking about how him and Christian Bale would jam back and forth while working together on The Prestige how much they wanted to be in a Batman Vs Wolverine movie together. It's a fun thing to dream about. I doubt all big companies could play ball in reality though. Just due to legal red tape it how long to get Spider-man on screen even? I know they were chasing it since at least about the time when Titanic hit the screen. I honestly thought about the fact that we never even see those little 1-shots where two characters or teams from each side have an adventure together anymore. The more I thought about it it hasn't happened since before both were secured in a large parent company, which would be when Marvel folded into Disney. Just like how we can't seem to have X-Men and Avengers together in a film. The thing about big movie houses is while they pay for all this really cool stuff they're also real brats when it comes to letting other kids borrow their toys, because to them toys don't equal characters or wonderful adventures but instead equal money. Figures and numbers. So it becomes more like " Hey, mind if I borrow a million dollars for awhile. I promise to give it back as you gave it, no folds or nothing " in their point of view.

Self-Loathing Bendis Fan

Reminder, the question isn't "which is more likely?" =)
    We are all very aware of how unlikely this scenario is.

The phrasing was very specific.

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

If the super-hero boom "runs out of steam", there's not billions of dollars on the table any more, kind of by definition.
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

Self-Loathing Bendis Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    If the super-hero boom "runs out of steam", there's not billions of dollars on the table any more, kind of by definition.
    Not exactly. The superhero boom can end with a Marvel/DC crossover movie before people give up on it completely... or it can NOT do that.

The question is : Will they, or won't they? Your opinion only.

The day my wife brings home Jewel Staite, Alyson Hannigan, and Christina Applegate and tells me to go hog wild, I'll start entertaining the possibility of Disney & Warners maybe considering opening talks to explore options for shopping around ideas for a DC/Marvel movie.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist