Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default How the did Jean and Scott endure each other?

After replaying X-men Legends (great game!! Spot-on characterization!), I reexamine Jean and Scott, their interactions and stuff over the year in comic. Sacrebleu! These r the 2 most boring people in the world, almost as boring as Steve rogers and Sharon Carter, I mean srsly they ain't got no magik. U know it, I know it. I am pretty sure Jean thing for Wolvie and Scott thing for Emma/Betsy r cheap thrill 2 throw drama into their life sucking relationship. It all started with Jean wanting 2 date the alpha male of the group and that's all. Jean/Scott shipper! Please tell me how the hell does this relationship work? why is it intriguing? More IMPORTANTLy, how many XANAX per hour did Jean and Scott took to keep the charade going?

Q3ljbG9wcyBpcyByaWdodA== hqt4991's Avatar

Because they were in love since 1963, their relationship went through more BS than any other in any comic, yet it took an A-list writer with an agenda and some massive OOC moments to break them up?

BANNED

Jean probably had a Lithium prescription.

Scott's just too co-dependant.

Quote Originally Posted by Psylocke1902 View Post
    After replaying X-men Legends (great game!! Spot-on characterization!), I reexamine Jean and Scott, their interactions and stuff over the year in comic. Sacrebleu! These r the 2 most boring people in the world, almost as boring as Steve rogers and Sharon Carter, I mean srsly they ain't got no magik. U know it, I know it. I am pretty sure Jean thing for Wolvie and Scott thing for Emma/Betsy r cheap thrill 2 throw drama into their life sucking relationship. It all started with Jean wanting 2 date the alpha male of the group and that's all. Jean/Scott shipper! Please tell me how the hell does this relationship work? why is it intriguing? More IMPORTANTLy, how many XANAX per hour did Jean and Scott took to keep the charade going?
    I think stimulants suit their situation better than sedatives, personally. Sedatives would make a boring situation even more boring.

In all seriousness though, I'm a huge Jean fan and while Im not anti-Scott and Jean, I don't see anything magical or whatever about their relationship.

I think what it boils down to is they were both the male and females leads when the xmen first started, and thus their relationship is kinda like an "Adam and eve" scenario. It's one of the few things that people can trace back to the beginning of the xmen so maybe some people like it for that reason- nostalgia.

Anyway I don't think the two are horrible for one another, but as a Jean follower Scott's involvement in her stories don't sway me In either direction.

Amazing Member

I agree. The relationship is boring as hell. The only time the two of them held any interest for me at all was in the Morrison years when he was shaking them up. I wasn't sad to see it go, whether people consider it contrived or not. It was for the best.

Good sex brushes a lot of things under the rug.
    My Monthly Pulls - DC: Waiting for Deathstroke and Vigilante. Marvel: Moon Knight. The Vision, Waiting for Solo. Valiant: Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, Divinity III Stalinverse, Bloodshot USA event, Waiting for PSI Lords. Why aren't you reading Valiant and other Indies too?

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

What prompted this? I mean you said why but really?

Anyways the answer is simple. Xavier putzes with their minds and led them around under false memories and lives, pretty much like he used to do for everyone else at the time apparently. I mean put yourself in his shoes. Would you want to be out a psy or a lazer eye person on your team?

Cyclops: " Time to travel into the future and battle Apocalypse. Going to need psy power for this. Coming Xavier? "
    Xavier: (Oh man, oh man, oh man, oh man. Getting too old to do this stuff. Wait I got it!) <bzzzzzzzt
    Cyclops: " Time to travel into the future and battle Apocalypse. Going to need psy power this. Coming Jean? "
    Jean: " Wha-where am...Oh right. Let's go kick some! "
    Xavier: (Phew. That was close. Almost soiled myself there. Note to self, Jean and Scott can never apart ever again.)

BANNED

She felt sorry for him. If your mother were Elaine Grey, you'd also have nurturing issues.

Q3ljbG9wcyBpcyByaWdodA== hqt4991's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IdaqiBeauty View Post
    She felt sorry for him. If your mother were Elaine Grey, you'd also have nurturing issues.
    Go here, and here, and here, and here, look at all the scans, then tell me that Jean did all of that because she felt sorry for Scott. I'll wait.

It sounds like you've already formed your opinion. You don't like the Scott/Jean relationship. That's fine. So why are you really asking this? Are you just looking for other people who agree with you? There are easier ways to go about that.

You could say the same thing about any relationship that has lasted for a long time. You could say the same about Reed/Sue or Superman/Lois Lane. Yet there's no denying the history and depth of those relationships. The same applies to Cyclops/Jean Grey. You call them boring. Yet they've both managed to be part of top selling books over the past several decades. You say the drama sucks the life out of them. Well then how do you explain the success and acclaim of the Phoenix Saga (also known by many as the greatest X-men story EVER told)? I'm not sure if you're trolling here and I don't like feeding trolls under any circumstance, but seriously...what are you trying to accomplish here? You can just say they're boring and be done with it. Nobody can tell you that's wrong. But seriously, there's a difference between stating an opinion and just kicking up dust into the wind.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

I'm not really a fan of comics constantly rubbing these heterosexual relationships in our face.

Quote Originally Posted by just another user View Post
    I'm not really a fan of comics constantly rubbing these heterosexual relationships in our face.
    Because love and romance don't have their place in comics? Or is an "heterosexual relationship" not politically correct anymore? There is other characters to fill your quota if that's what concern you.

Quote Originally Posted by hqt4991 View Post
    Go here, and here, and here, and here, look at all the scans, then tell me that Jean did all of that because she felt sorry for Scott. I'll wait.
    Or those posts #4725, #4726, #4727, #4728, #4730, #4731

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hqt4991 View Post
    I clicked the links, but they go to entire websites rather than individual posts. That would take a lot of time to go through. As someone that's already read them can you summarise because otherwise you'll be waiting a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by just another user View Post
    I clicked the links, but they go to entire websites rather than individual posts. That would take a lot of time to go through. As someone that's already read them can you summarise because otherwise you'll be waiting a long time.
    You want links to individual pictures and text so you don't have them all grouped on a single page ? o.O Ok, I understand that a whole page is too much work to read so we will wait a long time.