Astonishing Member

Default How do you think this 2015 Secret Wars Event Will Effect the Characters (Spoilers)

Since it looks like the Marvel Universe will get a reboot of sorts, with some aspects of the Ultimate Universe getting merged with the 616 Universe (though like the movies, they will likely add some new stuff in, MCU Whiplash was nothing like 616 or Ultimate Whiplash). So how you do think this event will effect all the characters? I have some ideas:

Captain America will likely wear the Ultimate costume now, though will hopefully retain the better aspects of his 616 personality.

Powers from radiation will be replaced by genetic engineering, ex: Spider-Man will get his powers from a genetically engineered spider, not a radioactive one.

I think mutants will be down played, because Fox has the film rights to those characters.

I hope that Marvel revamp some of the lame or mediocre villains with this reboot, it worked for Mr. Freeze in BTAS and I think a lot villains could use better motives, back stories and deeper characterization then they have gotten in the past.

BANNED

I'm sure they meant merge as in both manhattans are teaming up. I suspect classified places to be hostile places.

BANNED

I don't think the comics will come to reflect movie licenses the way people think they will.

Marvel won't get rid of mutants in comic books because they don't own the movie properties, seriously

the biggest change is the one everyone is anticipating, Miles Morales coming to 616 permanently.

No origins are getting changed, everyone will most likely keep the EXACT same back-stories and origins they have always had. The thing is the new world after Secret Wars is over will have some alternate universe characters folded in, possibly replacing current ones.

I think some possible replacements could be:

X-Men '92 Jubilee replacing current vampire Jubilee.
    Spider-Man could see a MAJOR shakeup, with Renew Your Vows Peter and MJ replacing current Peter/MJ, and Miles Morales taking up the role of Spider-Man (since Peter will be retired) and Spider-Gwen will likely be making the move too.
    Ultimate or MCU Nick fury rather than Nick Fury Jr.

... stuff like that.
    Last edited by Raye; 01-20-2015 at 11:19 PM.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    No origins are getting changed, everyone will most likely keep the EXACT same back-stories and origins they have always had. The thing is the new world after Secret Wars is over will have some alternate universe characters folded in, possibly replacing current ones.

I think some possible replacements could be:

X-Men '92 Jubilee replacing current vampire Jubilee.
    Spider-Man could see a MAJOR shakeup, with Renew Your Vows Peter and MJ replacing current Peter/MJ, and Miles Morales taking up the role of Spider-Man (since Peter will be retired)

... stuff like that.
    These are some interesting ideas, especially about Jubilee, I hate that 616 Jubilee is a vampire.

Seeing that a lot of my favourite characters are from the so called C-list, I am mostly worried about them no longer existing. Teams like the Young Avengers or the Runaways, for example.

Big names will always be around in one form or another. But less known characters....

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Heisennerd View Post
    I don't think the comics will come to reflect movie licenses the way people think they will.

Marvel won't get rid of mutants in comic books because they don't own the movie properties, seriously

the biggest change is the one everyone is anticipating, Miles Morales coming to 616 permanently.
    I said mutants will be down played, not gotten rid of and I stand by that statement. Mutants still may exist, but I think this reboot may be bad news for the FF, Fox owns the movie rights to them and their titles were not selling.

Bye bye Wasp..

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

I fear that many 616 and other Universe characters wont survive. Marvel could do a massive purge to clear things out for the "new".

I also fear that Rachel may not survive the merging as Marvel could get rid of Rachel because now they have 2 Jean's together and it's no secret that Rachel's been treated badly, as far as events go, in recent years.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 01-21-2015 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnito View Post
    Seeing that a lot of my favourite characters are from the so called C-list, I am mostly worried about them no longer existing. Teams like the Young Avengers or the Runaways, for example.

Big names will always be around in one form or another. But less known characters....
    I think lesser known characters will be safe. Marvel will absolutely continue to push whoever is big at the time but just remember that Marvel had a hit movie last year about Rocket Goddamn Raccoon of all people. They realize that marketed correctly, C, D, and Z-listers have the potential to bring them money.

They're all potential mining ground for their next wave of movie and TV characters.

I'm hoping most of my favorites, like Bucky, Domino, and the original New Mutants, remain (more or less) unchanged. Unless Marvel really is rebooting, which they say they aren't. In that case I would be kind of excited to see what they do with them...