Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Default So What Happens to the Non Manhattan 616 Characters/Locations?

Pretty much one of the few things I'm worried about over Secret Wars is that whilst the majority of the action is centred around Manhattan, we know there's a lot of characters in other cities and international teams like MI-13, Alpha Flight, Big Hero Six and more. Latveria, Wakanda and Atlantis. Nevermind the rest of the Marvel Cosmic Universe and the Guardians and such.

...so when Secret Wars happens, does that mean all of that now ceases to exist? The way I see it there are three options.

A. They all cease to exist unless they were in Manhattan on Earth at the time of the Incursion. So long guys. (Big clue this might happen, there's an issue of Avengers coming up where most of the 616 aliens show up to Earth to... I dunno, complain about incursions?)

B. There's a 52 situation planned where there's a weekly comic on 616 Earth which is not destroyed and elsewhere, but Manhattan's now gone. Giving all the non New York guys the chance to shine.

C. Some stuff will get erased, but it turns out a few of those unknown locations on Battleworld are other bits of 616! Captain Britain and MI-13 hopped over to Avalon, Iron Fist shifted to Kun Lun, lots of people went to the Savage Land (now the Valley of Flame?). Something akin to that.

So what do you think, are you worried for non-Manhattan characters too?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Yeah, in my case I am worried about Latveria. It makes you wonder if the consequences of his inversion where Doom declared it a democracy means that eventually he will lose his connection to his homeland in the months to come. Since Hickman's NA is in the future, the situation in Latveria appears to be unchanged for now. But this cover seems a lot more ominous now if you are a Doom fan...

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-21-2015 at 07:25 AM.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Well we might be losing Latveria but Doom himself appears to be ok going into Secret Wars looking at the cover for #1. Really interested to see what they do with Doom actually if he no longer has his nation, plus him encountering either his Ultimate Self or the Beyonder.

For the main series, I am encouraged by the creative team of HIckman and Ribic. IMO he's one of the few Marvel writers that seems to get Doom. It's what comes after that is pretty much a big question mark to me.

BANNED

It's removed. As in dead. We migh see dr doom actually become a top hero, considering this isnt earth and past transgressions don't hold over.

The multiverse and dimensions that are connected to the membranes are destroyed too. Also possible is all the alien worlds. I expect certian places like kangs limbo to exist outside of it, and a few other non connected dimensions. I think time travel stories will be not used anymore.

BANNED

Guessing they're dead and gone until the end of the event. Heroes fix what's wrong and the universe is made whole again.

Similar to how Thanos killed half the universe's people, but they eventually got better.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Guessing they're dead and gone until the end of the event. Heroes fix what's wrong and the universe is made whole again.

Similar to how Thanos killed half the universe's people, but they eventually got better.
    Basically this. They'll all be back by the end of the Secret Wars.

The biggest thing is Wakanda is heavily rumored to appear in Age of Ultron and we're almost certainly getting it in the upcoming Black Panther movie so Marvel will likely do something with it.

There was also talk recently of a Korean heroine joining the Avengers so I imagine that'd be off the table too if the rest of the world no longer existed.
    Last edited by Holt; 01-21-2015 at 09:21 AM.

I find it interesting that of all people Dr. Doom is leading the hero charge on that cover.
    My Monthly Pulls - DC: Waiting for Deathstroke and Vigilante. Marvel: Moon Knight. The Vision, Waiting for Solo. Valiant: Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, Divinity III Stalinverse, Bloodshot USA event, Waiting for PSI Lords. Why aren't you reading Valiant and other Indies too?

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman X View Post
    I find it interesting that of all people Dr. Doom is leading the hero charge on that cover.
    Yeah, and if you compare it to the original, he's taking Cap's spot ! I wonder if that was just the artist's choice or if it is deliberate?

BANNED

It's on purpose, those are Hickmans favs plus marvels choices in promoting others like carol. I expect those on the cover to be marvels new avengers.
    Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman X View Post
    I find more interesting that Caps isn't in that cover.

I guess he could lose all his credence with the superheroes after Earth is destroyed. He probably has told his followers "Don't worry, I visited the future and Earth isn't going to be destroyed! All we have to do is wait for the problem to solve itself. Now, lets hunt the Illuminati". And he may get what he wants and have all the heroes wait with arms crossed when the final Incurson happens.

So when Earth 616 and the Universe 616 are destroyed, he will look bad, to put it mildly.

Of course he will still try to become boss of what reamins of Earth 616 and give everybody orders, but all the heroes whose families were out of Manhattan and die during the Incursion may blame him for not stopping the planet blowing, allowing their relatives to die.