Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default With Xforce ending.... where should Cable go?

I guess I could ask this question about all the members of the current Xforce roster, so feel free to mention any of them. But in particular where should Cable end up? And what would you do about his powers?

For me... I think I'd like to see him in Uncanny and maybe reinfected with the TO virus but in psionic control of it. At any given moment he could use it as armor like Colossus, or as wings firing projectiles like Archangel, or even as claws like Wolverine or swords. Either that or just let him finally go back to the future and start a whole new thing

Put him in uncanny, the need some more interesting characters.
    I'd love to see a solo too.

Fantastic Member

All-new really needs a shake up. I say bring young Scott back to the team once his book is cancelled and make Cable the new mentor/teacher along Kitty. Bendis writing Cable could be a trainwreck or something awesome (or both).

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I say bring Cable and Deadpool back as a buddy book
    X-Men Forever

On to the next X-Force book, when it comes out in the next couple months...

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    I say bring Cable and Deadpool back as a buddy book
    I agree and not to get anyone's hopes up but Fabian Nicieza kind of hinted on twitter some time ago that he may have a Deadpool project coming up and that he's reading Gerry Duggan & Brian Posehn's run to "match tone".

https://twitter.com/fabiannicieza/st...35043911835649

In another thread, someone mentioned in a that in a letter page from a recent issue, it stated that Cable & Deadpool would be seeing more of each other so perhaps that's Nicieza's project.

I'm all up for Cable/Deadpool vol 2.

Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

Uncanny X-Men would be ideal. Boot inverted Havok out and let him go join the Brotherhood or something.
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000

Quote Originally Posted by Jameszahra View Post
    Put him in uncanny, the need some more interesting characters.
    Agreed. This is a no-brainer. Have him join his father's revolution. As for powers, I kind of like the limited psychic precognition thing he's got going on at present. Used well it is a huge tactical advantage. But I also wanted to see someone run with where Loeb left him at the end of X-Sanction, which was completely whole and T-O virus free for the first time. So perhaps have him somehow purge this bio-weapon that's killing him in the current series, and in the process his TK is restored and his body is made whole (i.e., two arms and two eyes). So he keeps the precog as basically a replacement for his TP, but gains his TK back as an offensive and defensive capability. Not uber-powerful TK like X-man or Stryfe, though. I don't want to see Nathan floating around and taking bad guys out with a wave of his hand like Magneto or anything like that. Dude still needs to use his weapons and combat skills or else it won't feel like Cable to me.

Or even if his body isn't restored, at least give him back the glowy bionic eye from the Hopeless CaXF run. Much better than the eyepatch, which makes him look like a Solid Snake and/or Deathstroke ripoff.

Quote Originally Posted by pinoypanzer View Post
    I agree and not to get anyone's hopes up but Fabian Nicieza kind of hinted on twitter some time ago that he may have a Deadpool project coming up and that he's reading Gerry Duggan & Brian Posehn's run to "match tone".

https://twitter.com/fabiannicieza/st...35043911835649

In another thread, someone mentioned in a that in a letter page from a recent issue, it stated that Cable & Deadpool would be seeing more of each other so perhaps that's Nicieza's project.
    I wonder if this is perhaps something tied to Secret Wars? A limited series set in one of the alternate realities that gets mashed together to form Battleworld?
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 01-21-2015 at 07:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I wonder if this is perhaps something tied to Secret Wars? A limited series set in one of the alternate realities that gets mashed together to form Battleworld?
    Cable & Deadpool should have its own country on Battleworld. Preferably a rebuilt Providence, either flying or floating, with self-deprecating easygoing Nate in charge while Wade goes on a world tour to see how many AU Bea Arthurs survived the incursions (and more importantly, how many are feeling a bit horny).

Serious answer to OP: I'm not expecting to see Cable between next month's final X-Force issue and the start of Secret Wars. Within SW, well, with a whole 'country' dedicated to the '90s X-Men comics (with more than a tip of the hat to the cartoon) I'd be bloody shocked to not see some version of Cable there at least. You can't do the '90s without Cable, and he was one of the more commonly recurring guest stars on the cartoon.

Beyond that,I refuse to speculate because I honestly don't know what's coming next.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

I also want to see Cable's body restored. I thought at the end of "X-Sanction" he had been fully healed--arm, eye and all. Then "Marvel NOW Point One" showed he was missing an eye and his arm was all shriveled up ... Nate can't catch a break!

He needs to be fully healed, with at least some measure of his telepathy and telekinesis restored, and for those who miss the bionics he can still wear heavy body armor to compensate for his human "frailty."
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000

Will he even survive SW and battle world or should we expect some form of Ultimate Universe like rewrite?
    My Monthly Pulls - DC: Waiting for Deathstroke and Vigilante. Marvel: Moon Knight. The Vision, Waiting for Solo. Valiant: Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, Divinity III Stalinverse, Bloodshot USA event, Waiting for PSI Lords. Why aren't you reading Valiant and other Indies too?

BANNED

I'm hoping Cable and Hope play a major role or two in Secret Wars considering the whole ALTERNATE REALITIES and FUTURES at Sake.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    I'm all up for Cable/Deadpool vol 2.
    With both of them dead it would be a short team up/buddy book.

Club Med. Man needs a vacation.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist