View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Autumnlands: Tooth & Claw #3

7 29.17%
  • Drifter #3

3 12.50%
  • Goners #4

1 4.17%
  • Intersect #3

0 0%
  • Invincible #116

5 20.83%
  • Penny Dora & the Wishing Box #3

0 0%
  • Reyn #1

0 0%
  • Rise of the Magi #5

0 0%
  • Rumble #2

1 4.17%
  • Spread #5:

1 4.17%
  • The Wicked + The Divine #7

6 25.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Image comic of the week - week 4, 2015

While elsewhere universes are ending, let's try this again. We used to have this thread regularly every week but it got a bit lost in the end-of-year shuffle I think. Anyway, it's simple, vote for your favourite Image comic released this week and sound off in the comments below!
    One new series is debuting this week: Reyn.

207556_s0.jpg
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

It's an Invincible week so that's an automatic vote.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Just Tooth and Claw for me this week, so it wins by default. I was going to pick up Reyn, but it just didn't have much of a hook and the info I've seen reads as very generic sword and sorcery. Might give the trade a look.

Incredible Member

I agree with capuga. Invincible all the way without even having to read it. Capuga, is Tech Jacket relevant at all to Invincible? Is it worth a read if I love Invincible, or is it a pass?

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    I agree with capuga. Invincible all the way without even having to read it. Capuga, is Tech Jacket relevant at all to Invincible? Is it worth a read if I love Invincible, or is it a pass?
    It is set in the same universe but, as of now, there is no connection between the two series. But it is a pretty good sci fi/space adventure book. I think the 3 digital issues are free on the Image website if you want to try it out.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    It's an Invincible week so that's an automatic vote.
    This. Goners gave it a good run for its money, but it is hard to top Invincible. Still need to read Reyn, but I think I can safely vote for Invincible, which was fan-freaking-tastic this month. I love the tone of this coming arc, things are not looking good for Invincible and crew.

Drifter #3. Best issue so far.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Drifter #3. Best issue so far.
    It wasn't good enough where I would vote for it, but it was their best issue so far. Worm mining is pretty awesome. And things got real creepy real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Just Tooth and Claw for me this week, so it wins by default. I was going to pick up Reyn, but it just didn't have much of a hook and the info I've seen reads as very generic sword and sorcery. Might give the trade a look.
    Tooth & Claw was almost my only Image book this week too and I had the same hang-up about Reyn but I decided to give it a shot anyway. It's very much an establishing issue but I actually enjoyed it enough to buy the second issue.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Yeah easy pick for me too, only got Autumnlands. Liked this issue better than #2, although I'm still a lot more interested in the animals than the Champion dude. Didn't read Reyn but since a few of you people are talking about it I looked at the preview and it's got a pretty baller looking huge spider in there. Don't think it's what I look for in comics, but it's probably decent.
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

WicDiv was out this week. Alex + Ada was not. Therefore WicDiv was the best comic this week.
    Current Favourites: Ascender, Daredevil, Department Of Truth, Haha, Immortal Hulk, Luna and Strange Academy

Recent Favourites: Coffin Bound, Faithless, Gideon Falls and She Could Fly

They/Them

Quote Originally Posted by HankSantana View Post
    It wasn't good enough where I would vote for it, but it was their best issue so far. Worm mining is pretty awesome. And things got real creepy real fast.
    That's fair. It was the only Image book I picked up this week, so it won by default. I enjoyed it very much.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    Yeah easy pick for me too, only got Autumnlands. Liked this issue better than #2, although I'm still a lot more interested in the animals than the Champion dude.
    I didn't think I'd be interested in the Champion either, but the reveal that he's

spoilers:
    a future soldier
    end of spoilers

rather than generic barbarian has drawn my attention again.

Drifter for me, as it was the only thing I read. Thought I liked it, so it's not just by default. I'm enjoying the book. I like the almost poetic narration, the mystery, and Klein's terrific art.
    Last edited by Joker; 01-23-2015 at 05:05 PM.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

yay LooneyKoala! Big Alex + Ada fan, me. Glad to know there're others!
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet