Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Captain Britain Omnibus
    Death of Captain America Omnibus
    Brubaker & Bendis volumes of Daredevil Omnibus
    Punisher by Ennis Omnibus
    Astonishing X-Men Omnibus
    Uncanny X-Force Omnibus (in under a year from release & it's OOP, wtf?)
    Teen Titans vol.1 Omnibus
    I know that the Ennis Punisher Omnibus is supposed to be expensive, but I got a good quality copy last year for £70 from Ebay. I didn't even need to compete. I just pressed buy and I purchased it 2 seconds after I saw it. I must have been really, really lucky or something.

Quote Originally Posted by tanim View Post
    I know that the Ennis Punisher Omnibus is supposed to be expensive, but I got a good quality copy last year for £70 from Ebay. I didn't even need to compete. I just pressed buy and I purchased it 2 seconds after I saw it. I must have been really, really lucky or something.
    These situations happen from time to time. I bought Civil War Spider-Man OHC the same way. It was late at night and I was screwing around on Ebay. I think it just popped up with a buy it now for $25 (including shipping), so I bought it. Oddly enough I didn't realize it was a pricey book at the time. I just knew I needed that and Underside to complete the Civil War OHC collection.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    These situations happen from time to time. I bought Civil War Spider-Man OHC the same way. It was late at night and I was screwing around on Ebay. I think it just popped up with a buy it now for $25 (including shipping), so I bought it. Oddly enough I didn't realize it was a pricey book at the time. I just knew I needed that and Underside to complete the Civil War OHC collection.
    I sold my OHC last week for 300. Mine had some remainder marks so you could probably get more than that.
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

I'd love to have the hardcover omnibus of Strangers in Paradise. Would look really nice next to my Echo hardcover, but I believe that will never happen.

I also regret not bidding on a hardcover of Girls a few months back. Haven't seen another one pop up since.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogtown View Post
    I also regret not bidding on a hardcover of Girls a few months back. Haven't seen another one pop up since.
    Looks like one just sold four days ago for $75:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Girls-Complet...item1c4c6c11c4

So don't give up hope!
    Last edited by canadianaidan64; 01-22-2015 at 01:17 AM.

I have read (probably here) that these obscene 4 digits prices are put by sellers when they no longer have the book and don't want to re-create the file when they will have the book in stock again.

Most I have spend on a HC (near 300$) is probably the variant Daredevil Born Again Artists Edition.
    But I have spent a little more for the third Eclipse Miracleman softcover TPB (Olympus)

Quote Originally Posted by Frogtown View Post
    I'd love to have the hardcover omnibus of Strangers in Paradise. Would look really nice next to my Echo hardcover, but I believe that will never happen.
    That reminds me; I have all the "Complete Strangers in Paradise" Hc's except Vol III Part 7, which is very hard to come by for some reason.
    There was a copy on amazon UK for cover price a few years ago but they wouldn't ship outside the UK

007 girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    I want that battle chasers book, but I'm not paying hundreds for books I have in floppies and the spined three floppy collections they made. And the story never finished.
    Yeah, I remember people cussing Joe Madureira for taking up to 9 or so months to send out a new issue in the series...which ultimately lasted only 9 issues and a prelude.
    Kings 21:23
    And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Teen Titans vol.1 Omnibus
    Oh, oh, OH. This should have been on my list as well.
    I want this so badly.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Hello from the gutter Mad Hatter's Avatar

My wishlist of OOP, hard to find/expensive HCs:

- X-Force/Cable: Messiah War
    - Punisher by Garth Ennis Omnibus
    - The Ultimates Omnibus

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    Oh, oh, OH. This should have been on my list as well.
    I want this so badly.
    Oh, I love my NTT vol 1 omnibus! It was my first DC hardcover. I picked it up on Amazon when it was still $35.

007 girl.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    I picked it up on Amazon when it was still $35.
    That's like rubbing salt in her wounds.
    Kings 21:23
    And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

The three books I still want but are way to expensive are the Ennis' Punisher omnibus, Astonishing X-Men omnibus and ofcourse the Silver Surfer omnibus..
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..

Quote Originally Posted by ultimate jezebel View Post
    He doesn't mind, trust me.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by ultimate jezebel View Post
    No. Rubbing salt in her wounds would be mentioning I picked up NTT Archives vols. 1-4 last Fall for only $80 because I needed a backup set of hardcovers for such a great book!