Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by krylox View Post
    the most expensive thing i've done was buying a set of starman hc from an ebay seller based in the uk. i payed about 220 euro for them, which seemed to me like quite an ammount of money, but they arrived in beautiful condition and are a great read.
    i felt really bad about spending so much money on one comic-series, on the other hand, with robinson's departure from dc, i don't think we'll ever see another collection of starman, so better now than paying even more absurd prices later.

i know this is a personal record only, i've read some of the previous confessions here, and i have to admit: i'm afraid to become like some of you guys...!
    I lucked out and found a guy who sold me the set for $150 about a month ago. Came in great shape with vol. 2-4 sealed. Sometimes you just get lucky!

I am putting a new book at the top of my list. Absolute Crisis on Infinite Earths. could someone send me a message or post what the spine looks like?
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    I am putting a new book at the top of my list. Absolute Crisis on Infinite Earths. could someone send me a message or post what the spine looks like?
    Not my pics.

Edit: oh, perhaps you meant the slipcase spine?

If so, try this video review.
    Last edited by ShooCat; 01-26-2015 at 04:38 PM.

Incredible Member

I've never paid anything retail price, I just recently bought three X-Men Omnibus books at my LCS and each were 40% off.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    Here's a pic of the Absolute Crisis on Infinite Earths slipcase spine (a pic I did for someone earlier to show the height of the Wednesday Comics HC ):

007 girl.

The Wednesday Comics HC collection has me curious, I googled it and it's 11' x 17', that's huge. Must check out the artwork.
    Kings 21:23
    And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

Quote Originally Posted by ultimate jezebel View Post
    The Wednesday Comics HC collection has me curious, I googled it and it's 11' x 17', that's huge. Must check out the artwork.
    It's more of a novelty than anything. the stories themselves aren't that great (at least the ones I've read).

I haven't read any of it yet, but I believe it's worth purchasing for the art alone, especially if you can get it at a decent price.

There is no dustcover, as the cover is printed on the hardcover (probably better this way). There is a table of contents and intro and some short creator bios at the back. It really is a beautiful book to look at.

Here are some pics:

Wednesday Comics HC Pics - Part 2:

Wednesday Comics HC Pics - Part 3:

That IS a beautiful book, Raffi!
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    That IS a beautiful book, Raffi!
    It surely is

007 girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Wednesday Comics HC Pics - Part 2:

Thanks for these pics, I'm sold on the artwork for Superman and have added it to my shopping list. That must look pretty grand in actual size.
    Kings 21:23
    And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

Thanks for these pics, I'm sold on the artwork for Superman and have added it to my shopping list. That must look pretty grand in actual size.
    You're welcome

Here are a couple more pics to demonstrate the size of the book next to a couple of Omnibuses, an OHC and a HC:

A HC that is on my want list and is too expensive right now is the JLA/Avengers: The Collectors Edition. I had the chance of picking it up for around £60 at one point but all the corners were pretty banged up so I passed.