Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    007 girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    You're welcome

Here are a couple more pics to demonstrate the size of the book next to a couple of Omnibuses, an OHC and a HC:

My dealer got your pics and ordered several copies...one for me, himself, and 3 copycats. Thanks for these!
    Kings 21:23
    And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    A HC that is on my want list and is too expensive right now is the JLA/Avengers: The Collectors Edition. I had the chance of picking it up for around £60 at one point but all the corners were pretty banged up so I passed.
    A user in these boards is swapping his copy, in case you want to look around...

Update on my part, I increased my debt with the Signed/Numbered/Remarqued John Romita's Amazing Spider-Man Artist Edition Vol. 2.
    I think it's now the one book I've paid for the most. Don't judge me.
    Last edited by JJ87; 01-29-2015 at 11:15 PM.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ultimate jezebel View Post
    My dealer got your pics and ordered several copies...one for me, himself, and 3 copycats. Thanks for these!
    Cool Glad to be of help.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ87 View Post
    A user in these boards is swapping his copy, in case you want to look around...
    Thanks for the heads up. I checked the "Comic book trading post" thread but didn't see anything unless I missed it. Any leads?

MTT

This was very interesting topic so I decided to join in.

I do have a few books to mention in this thread.

First The Spirit AE S&N volumes 1 and 2. I have bought these directly from IDW but they did were a bit more expensive than I would have liked.

Then I managed to grap two years ago the Walking Dead slipcased omnibus vol one 1st print, regular edition with signature and sketch for a 150 dollars from ebay.

Then the ultimate number 1 (in price pov) was the collected hardcover edition of Prince Valiant – An American Epic, which I bought some 10+ years ago.
    That one I bought also directly from the publisher, and paid “only” the retail price which was still 750 usd + postages.
    Still, as only 15 copies were ever made, I think I can live with that.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Still, as only 15 copies were ever made, I think I can live with that.
    15 copies , that beats the From Hell Painfully Limited Edition (16 copies but each with unique painted cover).
    Also IDW limited black or blue label have lesser print run but it's not comparable.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I ponyed up $200some for the one volume Zenith and it was worth it. I'm that big a Morrison fan.

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    I have read (probably here) that these obscene 4 digits prices are put by sellers when they no longer have the book and don't want to re-create the file when they will have the book in stock again.
    I've never heard this (although it makes some sense), but I have heard that some sellers use a formal that prices based on other sellers and when you get multiple sellers doing this with the same item it causes prices to skyrocket.

Amazing Member

I just spent an ungoldy amount of money for the Infinite Crisis Omnibus. For what it's going for now on eBay, I think I got a fair shake. This will be the most I've ever spent on a collected edition. What justified the purchase for me is when my barber friend told me he spend $400 on two pairs of scissors. Well, I'm not a barber, but I do like comics, so it's not entirely unexpected that I'd spend quite a bit on my hobby. Better than scissors for sure.

just spent ~200USD for a "used, very good" copy of Punisher Max OHC vol. 4. I hate myself but I had been hunting this for 2 years and it's one of the holy grails of OHC comics nowadays. I just had to have it. just had.
    and for the guy with the Walking Dead Omnibus s/n for 150 USD: wrong thread, this was a bargain. that feels like he got it for free.
    Reading: Batman by Morrison, Death note, Inhumans, Sleeper
    The plural of Omnibus is Omniboo

Quote Originally Posted by dern View Post
    I just spent an ungoldy amount of money for the Infinite Crisis Omnibus. For what it's going for now on eBay, I think I got a fair shake. This will be the most I've ever spent on a collected edition. What justified the purchase for me is when my barber friend told me he spend $400 on two pairs of scissors. Well, I'm not a barber, but I do like comics, so it's not entirely unexpected that I'd spend quite a bit on my hobby. Better than scissors for sure.
    I know two LCS near me that have the Infinity Crisis omni for cover. Also, I just found two copies of Absolute Promethea Vol 1 for cover. My newest hobby is traveling to random LCS around me and scouring their shelves. You'll be surprised how many out of print books are just collecting dust on some shelves. It helps when the shops aren't so internet-savvy.

All-New Member

After getting a pretty good "deal" on a Simonson Thor Omni, I felt justified in finally getting the Wolverine Omni for about $200. Sometimes, you just get tired of looking, and I had recently sold some albums and other comics, so Yay! Now it's just Inferno OHC. And maybe those Kirby Fourth World Omnis. I really wish DC would do an oversized Omni of those, but I've held off for a long time now and really want to read them.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I ponyed up $200some for the one volume Zenith and it was worth it. I'm that big a Morrison fan.
    How do you rate the story? ( I ask because I read a fair chunk of it in some old 2000AD's I read about 3 years ago, and really enjoyed it...it's about the only Grant Morrison stuff that I'd probably buy at right price. Mind you, right price for me would be a wee bit less than 200 dollars.)

Just paid too much for the Punisher by Ennis omni...

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Just paid too much for the Punisher by Ennis omni...

You can tell us! I've seen only one recently on eBay from Canada, signed by Ennis for 180 quid. Can't imagine shipping cost to UK, around another 100 maybe.

BANNED

X-Men Inferno is my white whale. It never appears on UK eBay!

I want this book so bad I started a complete read through a while back of the entire x-men franchise and I'm at the point just before Inferno.
    I have the uncanny floppies but i want to read the omnibus!