Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    How do you rate the story? ( I ask because I read a fair chunk of it in some old 2000AD's I read about 3 years ago, and really enjoyed it...it's about the only Grant Morrison stuff that I'd probably buy at right price. Mind you, right price for me would be a wee bit less than 200 dollars.)
    Zenith is also reprinted in 4 $25 hardcovers. The 4th one is yet to be released but it's out pretty soon if I'm not mistaken
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Amazing Member

The Wolverine Omnibus is my white whale. That's the one I'm after.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Zenith is also reprinted in 4 $25 hardcovers. The 4th one is yet to be released but it's out pretty soon if I'm not mistaken
    Cheers. Tempting at that price.

Might just buy it before I go "all electric". (Planning to get a 10 inch android tablet, then just buying comics electronically... getting fed up of storing books and floppies, and choice available electronically is starting to get pretty good.)

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    phase 3 is due in April so only 2 phases are out so far.
    Nice books but a bit overpriced (still, it's Morrison so I'm buying them)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I ponyed up $200some for the one volume Zenith and it was worth it. I'm that big a Morrison fan.
    Haha I understand you. I paid $270 for this book and I'm still happy.

Spectacular Member Cerd the nerd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Just paid too much for the Punisher by Ennis omni...
    Go on Dark-Flux, you can tell us!

I bought mine about a month ago off eBay uk for £115 + £7 shipping. There was some very mild scuffing on the back cover (really, 2 small spots 3-4mm each where the faux leather effect had lifted off). Apart from that it was in very good condition, no bumped corners and the dust cover was immaculate. I was pretty pleased. Seems it's pretty hard to find for less than £200 in the UK.

That leaves me with just two white whales now. The Inferno OHC which as somebody said is hard to find on eBay UK, though it does come up from time to time. You always get a few bidders though and it tends to go for £150 - £200 at least.

The other one is the Wolverine Volume 1 omnibus.
    3 or 4 years ago I was in Forbidden Planet in Shaftsbury Avenue and they had 2 of them in new condition for cover price (£75).

I was still relatively early on in my Omnibus collecting career then and wanted to concentrate on X-men stuff first, so I thought 'maybe next time'. Of course the next time I went back they were both gone and now you'd be lucky to find one in the UK for £200.

Grrr....

007 girl.

I am now licking my wounds because I was going after the Ebay $300+ Battle Chasers HC and someone beat me to it.

Will drown my sorrows with a generous 3-scoop helping of KEMPS chocolate ice-cream.
    Kings 21:23
    And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

If anyone's looking for a great copy of X-men Inferno Hardcover (fully sealed), there's a new listing on Ebay.com (US).

Fairly gutted, as I wanted to buy it...but the seller solely ships to the US (and won't offer shipping to the UK, due to previous issues with international sales).

I'm sure another one will come up for sale again soon...hopefully (although like someone else mentioned earlier in the thread, there never seems to be anyone in the UK selling this book)!
    Last edited by Deviskan; 02-24-2015 at 12:25 AM.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cerd the nerd View Post
    Go on Dark-Flux, you can tell us!

I bought mine about a month ago off eBay uk for £115 + £7 shipping. There was some very mild scuffing on the back cover (really, 2 small spots 3-4mm each where the faux leather effect had lifted off). Apart from that it was in very good condition, no bumped corners and the dust cover was immaculate. I was pretty pleased. Seems it's pretty hard to find for less than £200 in the UK.

That leaves me with just two white whales now. The Inferno OHC which as somebody said is hard to find on eBay UK, though it does come up from time to time. You always get a few bidders though and it tends to go for £150 - £200 at least.

The other one is the Wolverine Volume 1 omnibus.
    3 or 4 years ago I was in Forbidden Planet in Shaftsbury Avenue and they had 2 of them in new condition for cover price (£75).

I was still relatively early on in my Omnibus collecting career then and wanted to concentrate on X-men stuff first, so I thought 'maybe next time'. Of course the next time I went back they were both gone and now you'd be lucky to find one in the UK for £200.

Grrr....
    I know how you feel regarding not picking up that Wolverine Omnibus. When I had just got back into comics several years ago and decided that I would only be focusing on Daredevil and just maybe an Omnibus or two of other characters i.e. UXM Vol. 1, I passed on picking up a sewn second printing of Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus Vol. 1, Secret War OHC and the first 2 Ed Brubaker Cap Omnibuses at well under cover prices. Fortunately, as I'm not someone who needs to have every book yesterday, I waited it out and eventually managed to pick all of those I passed up on at very reasonable prices. I would say that there is always someone out there who doesn't know what he/she has in their possession and who end up putting a book on sale at a decent price.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Deviskan View Post
    If anyone's looking for a great copy of X-men Inferno Hardcover (fully sealed), there's a new listing on Ebay.com (US).

Fairly gutted, as I wanted to buy it...but the seller solely ships to the US (and won't offer shipping to the UK, due to previous issues with international sales).

I'm sure another one will come up for sale again soon...hopefully (although like someone else mentioned earlier in the thread, there never seems to be anyone in the UK selling this book)!
    And if there is someone eventually, there will be too many people bidding on it and it will go for a ludicris price.

I gave up trying usa ebay because it's ridiculously expensive once all the delivery charges are added together and the auction usually ends around 330/4am our time.

Here for the hardcovers! Strange Animal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frogtown View Post
    I'd love to have the hardcover omnibus of Strangers in Paradise. Would look really nice next to my Echo hardcover, but I believe that will never happen.

A Strangers HC set showed up at a local store for $250, didn't get it as I had the SC and had no idea that there was a HC set or what the HC went for. I returned a few weeks later only to find it was gone after learning that it was going for around $400!!! Imagine my jubilant surprise when a month later I saw it on the shelf again (it has a small bump on the slipcase so I knew it is the same one), don't know what happened, but this time I didn't make the same mistake and took it home with me! Never give up!!

I also regret not bidding on a hardcover of Girls a few months back. Haven't seen another one pop up since.
    Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    Looks like one just sold four days ago for $75:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Girls-Complet...item1c4c6c11c4

So don't give up hope!
    I was the lucky one who nabbed this. I too eyed it for a long while before before snapping it up.
    HC on the very top of my shopping list are:

X-Men: Inferno
    Daredevil: Bendis Vol. 1, Brubaker Vol. 2
    Battle Chasers Anthology
    Death of Captain America
    Punisher by Ennis

Quote Originally Posted by Roland1580 View Post
    Haha I understand you. I paid $270 for this book and I'm still happy.
    Did you get it through a 3rd party? I grabbed one but remember it being about 170 for the book. Also JackDaw it is a great read and well worth checking out.

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    And if there is someone eventually, there will be too many people bidding on it and it will go for a ludicris price.

I gave up trying usa ebay because it's ridiculously expensive once all the delivery charges are added together and the auction usually ends around 330/4am our time.
    Yup...I just bought a copy this morning (new listing added to EBay today), and have probably paid a monumentally stupid amount ($350...by the time postage was added it came to £280).

I messaged the seller asking if he would do it for $300...but as I'm based in the Uk, it would have meant waiting another 6 hours for them to wake up (minimum), and in that time I'd imagine someone else would have jumped in and snatched it as 3 watchers had been added in the space of an hour...so I decided to just go for it (for the sake of saving £30).

It will be interesting to see what the copy currently in auction goes for (the one where the seller wouldn't ship internationally)...the bidding is at $221 at the moment with 3 days left)....I'd guesstimate not more than $300.

So, another white whale bites the dust...now I can concentrate on getting a copy of 'Punisher Omnibus' by Ennis and 'Infinite Crisis Omnibus'!

Writing on the wall The Celtic Batman's Avatar

Most expensive books on my want list at the moment are:..........

..........Miracleman HC books 1, 2, 3 & 4 - all ridiculously high pricing (there's a number 3 on sale at the moment for £493 & another at £1,644)........
    You reminded me of the biggest loss I ever made on ebay!
    I had all the Miracleman books (1 to 5), a few years ago, all 1st editions, all hardcovers, all pretty much mint condition apart from the first book where there had been issues with the glue used in the binding. By rights the auction should have made the high hundreds (I was hoping for 4 figures of course!), but I foolishly listed them together as one lot, with NO RESERVE!! (wah!) It was a bold move I thought (! ;-) ),encouraging bidding and interest in the listing, and there were a few flurries of bidding, BUT it sold in the very low hundreds!
    I honoured the sale (I'm pretty sure some sellers wouldn't!), and congratulated the buyer on a great ebay bargain! :-)
    I also endeavoured to be philosophical about it! I've also had some great bargains on ebay over the years..... (but none quite as good as that!!! :-) )
    We're all the Doom Patrol!!!
    Opinions come in all shapes and sizes.
    But they're still just opinions yo

BANNED

Yup...I just bought a copy this morning (new listing added to EBay today), and have probably paid a monumentally stupid amount ($350...by the time postage was added it came to £280).
    wow, thats insane... i dont know if i could pay that!