Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Question What happens to all the other living beings of Earth 616 who are NOT in 616 Manhattan?

Since only the chunk from Earth 616 that is Manhattan is a part of Battleworld, is it possible that for instance;

Kamala, if she happens to be in Manhattan during the smashing together of 616 and 1610, will lose her parents, brother, friends along with every one else in 616 New Jersey?

Monica Rambeau will lose her parents along with every one else who lives in 616 New Orleans?

Carol will lose her mom along with every one else who lives in 616 Boston?

Richard Rider's parents will cease to be along with every one else who lives in616 Queens?

Kaine will lose Wally and Donald along with every one else who lives in 616 Houston?

Matt Murdock, Foggy and Kirstin will cease to be along with every one else who lives in616 San Francisco?

Ka-Zar, Shanna and their son will cease to be along with 616 Savage Land?

616 Genosha, 616 Wakanda, 616 Latveria, 616 Mount Wundagore, 616 Moon, 616 Kree empire and 616 Shi'ar empire wil cease to be?

616 Europe, 616 Asia, 616 Australia, 616 Antarctica and 616 America minus 616 Manhattan will cease to be?

Might this happen then the survivors who are all in 616 Manhattan and want their loved ones back will not hesitate for a moment when the Beyonder declares ;

"I am from beyond! Slay your enemies and all that you desire shall be yours! Nothing you dream of is impossible for me to accomplish!"
    Last edited by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear; 01-21-2015 at 08:10 AM.

Mighty Member

****ing dead.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I was worrying about this too, mostly regarding all the international teams of heroes (plus Captain Britain and Meggan who are one of my favourite super hero couples). It does seem strange to imagine all the world's heroes zipping off to 616 Manhattan in the time they have just so they can exist.

Mind you, your suggestion about the Beyonder does make sense as a means of reviving the Marvel Universe in some form or other.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

That would mean:

No more Savage Land
    No more Wakanda
    No more Tabula Rasa
    No more European 616 heroes
    No more Utopia
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

They also could all be in stasis instead. Brevoort's and Alonso's statements leave a lot of room for speculative interpretation so at this early stage with no other details it's a wide open field as to what and how will happen.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Nothing but battle world exists.

Wakanda does not exist.

Latveria does not exist.

Marvel Europe does not exist.

The Marvel you does not exist.

You will not be saved.

Your alternate futures were erased.

You will be re-written to the ideals of a juvenile writer recreating the Ultimates universe all over again.

You will see Horny Hulk screaming outside your restaurants and using you as a buffet item.

You will not be saved. Your alternate self future does not exist. All is re-written to a plan.
    Last edited by Inhuman X; 01-21-2015 at 09:07 AM.
    My Monthly Pulls - DC: Waiting for Deathstroke and Vigilante. Marvel: Moon Knight. The Vision, Waiting for Solo. Valiant: Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, Divinity III Stalinverse, Bloodshot USA event, Waiting for PSI Lords. Why aren't you reading Valiant and other Indies too?

Ultimate Member

They're all dead

The characters in Manhattan may be the only ones active during Secret Wars, but there are too many characters who are important and not in Manhattan right now, including Iron Man and Daredevil in San Francisco, Black Panther in Wakanda, a bunch on Britain, all of Alpha Flight in Canada, Ant Man just moved to Florida, The X-Men, while they are close, are not based in Manhattan, and then there's Cyclops' group, Magneto is doing something on Genosha, and so on... While I am sure they could come up with some excuse to get all these characters to New York to be caught up in Battleworld, in general I just can't see them eliminating a lot of characters and entire countries that make up a large part of the identity of some of them (mostly Black Panther and Namor... cus we know Namor will live, somehow) and I am leaning towards the 'stasis' option.

As I said in another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    I find more interesting that Caps isn't in that cover.

I guess he could lose all his credence with the superheroes after Earth is destroyed. He probably has told his followers "Don't worry, I visited the future and Earth isn't going to be destroyed! All we have to do is wait for the problem to solve itself. Now, lets hunt the Illuminati". And he may get what he wants and have all the heroes wait with arms crossed when the final Incurson happens.

So when Earth 616 and the Universe 616 are destroyed, he will look bad, to put it mildly.

Of course he will still try to become boss of what reamins of Earth 616 and give everybody orders, but all the heroes whose families were out of Manhattan and die during the Incursion may blame him for not stopping the planet blowing, allowing their relatives to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman X View Post
    Nothing but battle world exists.

Wakanda does not exist.

Latveria does not exist.

Marvel Europe does not exist.

The Marvel you does not exist.

You will not be saved.

Your alternate futures were erased.

You will be re-written to the ideals of a juvenile writer recreating the Ultimates universe all over again.

You will see Horny Hulk screaming outside your restaurants and using you as a buffet item.

You will not be saved. Your alternate self future does not exist. All is re-written to a plan.
    It also means the Sun does not exist, so all of Secret Wars will be nothing but pitch black panels, except where there's artificial lighting, and even there everybody is freezing to death.

Hey, Incursions destroy everything, and even if these small chunks are getting saved to form Battleworld, nothing's been mentioned about any universe's Sun being saved. It's not a chunk of Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Kamala, if she happens to be in Manhattan during the smashing together of 616 and 1610, will lose her parents, brother, friends along with every one else in 616 New Jersey?
    More likely she'll vanish along with them since she almost never leaves Jersey.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Currently MagSeven

I think it's going to be like some of those being dead isn't the same as never existing time-travel deals. Characters that make it off Battleworld will still have their families, although they may be alternate versions and not the originals. Except no one will know it but the readers.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    The characters in Manhattan may be the only ones active during Secret Wars, but there are too many characters who are important and not in Manhattan right now, including Iron Man and Daredevil in San Francisco, Black Panther in Wakanda, a bunch on Britain, all of Alpha Flight in Canada, Ant Man just moved to Florida, The X-Men, while they are close, are not based in Manhattan, and then there's Cyclops' group, Magneto is doing something on Genosha, and so on... While I am sure they could come up with some excuse to get all these characters to New York to be caught up in Battleworld, in general I just can't see them eliminating a lot of characters and entire countries that make up a large part of the identity of some of them (mostly Black Panther and Namor... cus we know Namor will live, somehow) and I am leaning towards the 'stasis' option.
    This is where I think alternative universe chacters make it, but not the 616 characters who aren't in the vicinity when the Incursion rips the Earth apart. So a version of DD and Cyclops gets in.

I think everybody will die during the last Incursion, but will be resurrected after Secret Wars. That's what happened during Secret Wars I (Beyonder destroyed the whole Galaxy in the first issue, and Molecule Man recreated it at the end of Secret Wars).

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    I think everybody will die during the last Incursion, but will be resurrected after Secret Wars. That's what happened during Secret Wars I (Beyonder destroyed the whole Galaxy in the first issue, and Molecule Man recreated it at the end of Secret Wars).
    Which galaxy? Everybody back on Earth was just fine during Secret Wars, so far as I can recall....