Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Stiill no word about the Beyonder...?!?
    This is the cover for the issue of New avengers that is coming out next week

We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Turpin View Post
    After Secret Wars the part of 616 that is used in battleworld will just rejoin the 616 earth at the exact same moment that it left so nobody will even realise it happened.
    This is the most obvious course they will take.

Battleworld is only the status quo during secret war, 616 earth will return to normal geography after that. If someone is not in manhattan when it is transported then it only means they are missing out on the event itself.
    Even if that's all that happens, who comes back from Battleworld might be completely different to who left for Battleworld, so the returnees might still have trouble trying to blend in, and, could change the world with how they think of themselves. Much like when Hulk returned from Sakaar, he thought of himself and his companions as completely different from the culture cringe Hulk that left, and look what Worldbreaker Hulk did at the end of WWH.

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Except that the remainder of the 616 universe will have been destroyed in the Incursion. There's nothing to rejoin.
    With all the cosmic plot devices in play, does that matter?

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    This is the cover for the issue of New avengers that is coming out next week

I thought that pic showed Maximus and Hank Pym as Yellow Jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I thought it was Maximus but Brevoort clarified it was Beyonder at one of the ********** events. Someone asked about Beyonder and he responded by showing that cover.

The white suit is classic Beyonder. Maximus usually wears black these days, albeit occasionally with white mixed in.

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    With all the cosmic plot devices in play, does that matter?
    Depends on how much the characters are privy to how the cosmic plot devices operate. If they know that their friends and loved ones were killed and then brought back in new versions by Franklin or the Beyonder or whoever, it might be at least a little weird for them. If they don't know or don't remember, not so much. Still kind of creepy to the reader either way, though.

Sure, and that's what I'm pretty much assuming will happen... although Beyonder is not the only character capable of such a feat, either.

And if the Ivory Kings are a coalition of Beyonders, as many have speculated, or Beyonders and other reality manipulators, they could certainly be powerful enough to restore not just a universe, but a new version of the multiverse... even if they can't stop the collapse of the current one.
    It really depends what version of beyonder they use in this new secret wars (unless it's a completely new version). The original beyonder was so vast that all of marvel was a drop of water compared to beyonder (he was the ocean), This was also stated and what the beyonder was all about. The character was massive back then, he could restore not just the universe but the multiverse with complete ease, not to mention he could probably still absorb all of current day marvel into his beyond realm and his realm still probably won't be 0.1% full..after the merger (his beyond realm is a vast multiverse). I guess we will have to wait and see which beyonder it is in this new secret wars.

Original beyonder (click on each pic)
    : 3995909-3988631-3344492-marvel+age+interview.jpg 3344482-beyond-realm.jpg
    Im actually interested who the threat will be.
    Last edited by NeutralShade62; 01-22-2015 at 04:51 PM.

this sounds like a very dangerous idea with serious implications. what if we never see various human characters again?? like lee forrester for example. i don't think marvel have seriously considered what this could mean?

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    this sounds like a very dangerous idea with serious implications. what if we never see various human characters again?? like lee forrester for example. i don't think marvel have seriously considered what this could mean?
    If they want to use them again, they get recreated/resurrected along with the rest of Earth and the universe at some point.

The same goes for cities and settings such as the Savage Land. Somebody's going to want to write a story set in a Paris that is still in France, not some weird alternate universe zone somewhere on Battleworld, where you have to explain how this Paris's history is different from the history we know every time you go there. Or have a story where people commute from NJ to NYC every day again.

Come to think of it, how is the 616/1610 Manhattan going to stay fed and powered, do you think? Most of Manhattan's electric comes from power plants elsewhere in NY and NJ, and the amount of food and other supplies brought into Manhattan to keep the population taken care of every single day is absolutely huge... and once it's cut off from its home Earth and surrounded by chunks of Earths from other realities, those supplies will be interrupted and not immediately, if ever, resume. Do any of the superhumans likely to be present at the right time have the ability to conjure that much food out of nothing if need be, or are people going to starve?

BANNED

Come to think of it, how is the 616/1610 Manhattan going to stay fed and powered, do you think? Most of Manhattan's electric comes from power plants elsewhere in NY and NJ, and the amount of food and other supplies brought into Manhattan to keep the population taken care of every single day is absolutely huge... and once it's cut off from its home Earth and surrounded by chunks of Earths from other realities, those supplies will be interrupted and not immediately, if ever, resume. Do any of the superhumans likely to be present at the right time have the ability to conjure that much food out of nothing if need be, or are people going to starve?
    2015 is the year of Eye-Scream!

If they want to use them again, they get recreated/resurrected along with the rest of Earth and the universe at some point.

The same goes for cities and settings such as the Savage Land. Somebody's going to want to write a story set in a Paris that is still in France, not some weird alternate universe zone somewhere on Battleworld, where you have to explain how this Paris's history is different from the history we know every time you go there. Or have a story where people commute from NJ to NYC every day again.

I wonder how the characters ate in the first Secret War1? Was there an abundance of produce just hanging around?

If Secret Wars goes for any more than a few days, this food problem is going to have to be addressed, let alone the infrastructure problem. Mind you people survived in the Age of Ultron without any infrastructure.
    Last edited by jackolover; 01-23-2015 at 02:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I thought it was Maximus but Brevoort clarified it was Beyonder at one of the ********** events. Someone asked about Beyonder and he responded by showing that cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    The white suit is classic Beyonder. Maximus usually wears black these days, albeit occasionally with white mixed in.
    Thanks for clarifying this. I never knew the Brevoort information.

The MU seems confined to New York at the best of times.
    I doubt it'd make a huge noticable diference.

I wonder how the characters ate in the first Secret War1? Was there an abundance of produce just hanging around?

If Secret Wars goes for any more than a few days, this food problem is going to have to be addressed, let alone the infrastructure problem. Mind you people survived in the Age of Ultron without any infrastructure.
    Well, first off, the heroes were just a handful of people. That's a huge difference from the approximately 6-7 million people in NYC right there. And if I recall correctly, they pretty rapidly found a base that seemed to have plenty of supplies for them.

Although there was Denver, or at least a substantial chunk of it. Much smaller than NYC in terms of population either way, but even so I'd have to reread to see how they handled food and other supplies, or if it was just glossed over.

Now, Age of Ultron, there were supposed to be few enough actual living survivors scavenging through the wreckage that I can see canned and other preserved food lasting for the months that that timeline persisted.