Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by asiea View Post
    what do you think will be lokis punishment ?
    Perhaps it has to do with what Loki was saying in issue 1, your past and stories dictate you're fate and what you become. Perhaps his punishment is to always be remembered, as Thor put it, "the god of child-killers".
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Perhaps it has to do with what Loki was saying in issue 1, your past and stories dictate you're fate and what you become. Perhaps his punishment is to always be remembered, as Thor put it, "the god of child-killers".
    That would be completely out of proportion. As I said, Odin never gave a crap Kid Loki, he always considered him a trick, a lie, never bothered to even speak to him, unlike he does to current Loki.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    That would be completely out of proportion. As I said, Odin never gave a crap Kid Loki, he always considered him a trick, a lie, never bothered to even speak to him, unlike he does to current Loki.
    that's the truth he loves in the original....

Well Odin might not care, and most likely he doesn't, but I'm pretty sure Thor and the rest of Asgardia care a lot about Kid Loki. I mean just look at how Volstagg reacted when Thor told everyone.

It's just a theory, I mean Loki erased his past so he wouldn't be remembered as a villain and be dragged back into that role but now he's possibly going to remembered as a horrible monster and child killer.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    And to be fair, this sadly is an improvement. Instead of trying to kill Thor and take over Asgard, Loki is just trying to get love from his family and protect Asgard. However, he's still going to have to punish Loki because if he doesn't someone else will. Think about what the other Asgardians are going to want to do with him. I imagine the next time we see Loki he's going to be black and blue and bleeding all over.

I'm beginning to wonder about Loki's new look. Think about it, what's the worst Odin could do? He's already dripped poison in his eyes, turned him into a tree, beaten him, the thing with the wall...so what if he does something to Loki's shape-shifting so that everyone will know who Loki is forever? This makes a bit of sense considering that Loki's much improved looks have been commented on throughout the run.

True, Loki could be blocking some of his own memories and thoughts, but also, this seems a bit too much like an amnesia cop-out.
    Loki's new look. my classmates in the school think they turn loki in into a frost giant.. take his asgard skin color or form..this is his punishment

Extraordinary Member

About that...I have read Gillen's explanation about the origins of each of Odin's children. Balder is Odin and Freyja's child, born before marriage; Thor is Odin and Jord/Gaia's child, born outside marriage; Loki is adopted; Vidar is Odin and Grid's son, born outside marriage; Tyr and Hermod are Odin's sons by unknown mothers; Angela/Aldrif and the new baby are Odin and Freyja's only legitimate kids.

If Thor is the oldest, that means that he was born before his marriage to Freyja, so he wasn't raised by Freyja.

If Balder is the oldest...why isn't he Odin's heir? Both Thor and he would be bastards, but he would be older than Thor and the son of the queen.

I think Kieron Gillen made a mistake there.
    And this is why so many writers just focus on Loki and Thor. It gets confusing and it just makes Odin look like a bastard for not having more children with his legitimate wife when she wanted one.
    I think we should also remember that Odin was in a really, really bad place during that time. He was a jerk to everyone. Part of what made his words in The 10th Realm so emotional was that he said that to both Loki and Thor. The Thor we're dealing with now has had time to think about his relationships, and he's realized that if he doesn't get his house under control, it's going to be something he doesn't want.

Well Odin might not care, and most likely he doesn't, but I'm pretty sure Thor and the rest of Asgardia care a lot about Kid Loki. I mean just look at how Volstagg reacted when Thor told everyone.

It's just a theory, I mean Loki erased his past so he wouldn't be remembered as a villain and be dragged back into that role but now he's possibly going to remembered as a horrible monster and child killer.
    I think the new loki after aoa 12 it will not matter for him ..he will begin a new life...

Extraordinary Member

Think about how much Volstagg did for kidLoki. Volstagg loves children, and he really did care for Loki quite a bit, even when the rest of Asgard still hated him. And it's so horrible to think about what's going through his head. Ikol/Loki more or less stole the corpse of a child he loved and has been walking around in it for months. Seriously, when you really think about it, it's disgusting.

there is still a mystery in :Ikol destroyed Kid Loki”
    al also says we will get a secret aoa 13

(I think kid loki was never really HE was just a IMAGINATION)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Think about how much Volstagg did for kidLoki. Volstagg loves children, and he really did care for Loki quite a bit, even when the rest of Asgard still hated him. And it's so horrible to think about what's going through his head. Ikol/Loki more or less stole the corpse of a child he loved and has been walking around in it for months. Seriously, when you really think about it, it's disgusting.
    we do not know whether AOA loki is a killer al only says LOKI is the weapon...he is not 100 percent guilty... had no choice but nobody understands this--he was mentally forced..it's like wanda in house of m..
    it is exactly the same. if he would be an avenger he was innocent.
    mind control

http://marvel.wikia.com/Glossary:Mind_control
    In comics, mind control often appears as the means whereby a person literally seizes control of the minds of the victims to the point where not only their bodies come under direct control, but also their consciousnesses as well, so that they become puppets or slaves to the controller. Fiction often depicts this process taking place electronically; the trademark equipment of the Batman supervillain The Mad Hatter - headgear designed to put victims under his control when placed in direct physical contact with the head—furnishes one example of this. In addition, characters with powerful telepathic or psychic abilities, like Professor X and Phoenix of the X-Men, can do the same with mental concentration against a target

the real Thor comes back and will save loki...

Quote Originally Posted by asiea View Post
    what do you think will be lokis punishment ?
    It's really hard to say. Maybe very little. The All-Mothers didn't seem to care so much about what made Loki who he is. Odin has been skeptical of Loki since his return. The crime likely wouldn't seem like that big a deal to him. In his mind, it might seem more like "what's one more murder?"

So, I'd expect some sort of quest of atonement. Whatever the Asgardian method of cleansing is.

And maybe that's really Thor's hope, that this Loki can be fixed somehow.

The only consequence I think Loki will suffer is the loss of trust from all Asgardians. He won't be welcomed there anymore.
    This is possible, although I'm really not sure how trusting they were of him before this anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    This is possible, although I'm really not sure how trusting they were of him before this anyway.
    Ironically, the less they trusted Kid Loki, the less they would care about his "death", and the less they would care to punish AoA Loki.

No doubt the Asgardians are being somewhat hypocritical here, and I think Thor is kind of deluded about how 'loved' Kid Loki was. I think Loki has to call them on this at some point.

About that...I have read Gillen's explanation about the origins of each of Odin's children. Balder is Odin and Freyja's child, born before marriage; Thor is Odin and Jord/Gaia's child, born outside marriage; Loki is adopted; Vidar is Odin and Grid's son, born outside marriage; Tyr and Hermod are Odin's sons by unknown mothers; Angela/Aldrif and the new baby are Odin and Freyja's only legitimate kids.

If Thor is the oldest, that means that he was born before his marriage to Freyja, so he wasn't raised by Freyja.

If Balder is the oldest...why isn't he Odin's heir? Both Thor and he would be bastards, but he would be older than Thor and the son of the queen.

I think Kieron Gillen made a mistake there.
    Balder isn't heir despite being the oldest because he was born out of wedlock. Freyja and Odin married AFTER Balder was born. Then Aldrif/Angela was born soon after they were married, but then she was kidnapped, and things between Freyja and Odin fell apart, but they remained married.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Freyja shows favor to thor solely because she was unable to raise her other children

and while thor is immensely pissed off at loki right now; he is not going to react well to freyja piddling on everything he and asgard have endured since ragnarok and ensuring that loki became evil again. and i imagine, for a sufficent fee, he may find one who would assist him in... voicing his displeasure with freyja.
    That's the one part I can't even guess at how it will go... Part of me agrees with this, once he hears about King Loki and Freyja's plans, he will then try and help Loki. Better to help Kid Loki's killer than let him be used and guarantee he goes bad. But part of me thinks he will just take it as a sign that he's right to cut off all contact.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I would argue that Freyja seemingly believing King Loki so easily makes her look like kind of an idiot. THAT's the guy that you shouldn't trust.
    Not arguing with that. But still, stands to reason that if one person fell for it, some others will as well...

Yeah. I think the difference between how he and Thor feel about Kid Loki will be a kind of central point. Odin, from what little we can piece together at the moment, (some of it just guessing from that one line in 10th Realm where he said he knew what Loki was) seems to consider THIS Loki his son, not so much Kid Loki, he viewed Kid Loki as an impostor of sorts. I think he is glad to have Old Loki back (kinda) despite his many flaws. Thor though seems to have viewed Kid Loki as a second chance, his ideal brother, and wants the 'fixed' version.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    It's really hard to say. Maybe very little. The All-Mothers didn't seem to care so much about what made Loki who he is. Odin has been skeptical of Loki since his return. The crime likely wouldn't seem like that big a deal to him. In his mind, it might seem more like "what's one more murder?"

So, I'd expect some sort of quest of atonement. Whatever the Asgardian method of cleansing is.

And maybe that's really Thor's hope, that this Loki can be fixed somehow.

I'm still leaning towards Odin making Loki do something to make amends for Kid Loki. I am not entirely sure what that could be... but something. As I said above, I think Odin is glad to have Loki back, and has probably known all along, and done nothing. So while tossing him in one of his crazy over the top imprisonment schemes may be something he's done many times before, I don't think it's something he will do now. But he knows that now that all of Asgard knows what Loki did, Loki needs to do something to regain their trust, somewhat.

Ironically, the less they trusted Kid Loki, the less they would care about his "death", and the less they would care to punish AoA Loki.
    Nah, I bet Asgard has official Kick-Loki days on their calendar.