Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Venom Debuts New Armored Look In "Guardians Of The Galaxy" #23

The Valerio Schiti design ties the symbiotic hero closer to his Guardians teammates.

Full article here.

BANNED

It's a cool update, though I prefer Agent Venom.

When did Flash get his legs back?
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    The symbiote produces artificial legs so long as he's bonded. I do not believe he got actual legs back, at least I hope not. It was a good development for Flash. Also, I really miss his relationship with Valkyrie. That was also a good development that Marvel more or less scuttled too quickly. Besides, how great would it be to see her pair up with Gamora?

I too prefer the Agent Venom look. It looks rugged and battle ready, fitting for a vet like Flash, but this isn't a bad redesign. It definitely harkens back to the Classic Venom in a good way although I wish it wasn't a bit more slight, much in the way Anti-Venom looked.
    Last edited by Ceebiro; 01-21-2015 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    He did got prosthetic legs from the Superior Spider Man during the Superior Venom arc but so far Bendis has been ignoring that development.

I loved Agent Venom when he was written by capable writers...

This Bendis version is just... meh.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Probalus View Post
    He did got prosthetic legs from the Superior Spider Man during the Superior Venom arc but so far Bendis has been ignoring that development.
    I think Flash would not use them after Spidey backstabbed him.

I understand a desire to recapture the original Venom look, but it makes sense to me that he's different now that he's Agent Venom and Flash in there rather than a hate-filled Eddie Brock. (the symbiote was also angry at Peter) The one distinctive thing about the original Venom of course was that mouth with the teeth. I wonder if he'll still exhibit that when he's in battle.

I haven't been keeping up, but I hope there's an in-story reason why this "armor" is in any way more protective than normal since it's all just the symbiote's body anyway, no matter what form he takes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I understand a desire to recapture the original Venom look, but it makes sense to me that he's different now that he's Agent Venom and Flash in there rather than a hate-filled Eddie Brock. (the symbiote was also angry at Peter) The one distinctive thing about the original Venom of course was that mouth with the teeth. I wonder if he'll still exhibit that when he's in battle.

I haven't been keeping up, but I hope there's an in-story reason why this "armor" is in any way more protective than normal since it's all just the symbiote's body anyway, no matter what form he takes.
    It's home. So it sorta reverted. It's kinda like taking out all your piercings and covering any tattoos before visiting the folks, just so they don't give you a hassle while you do your laundry.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Probalus View Post
    Did not know that, and it does make sense for him to have prosthetics given his place in the superhero community. Too many brains around for him not to have gotten a pair.

Much better look for venom. Thank god..agent venoms original costume was one of the worst I've seen. Now he looks like venom
    Wish they left carnage inverted, it would have made for some interesting reactions between the 2

awful. just awful.

I think a good compromise would be this new one for space stuff and the Agent Venom suit for earth stuff.
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

BANNED

So something will actually happen in this "Planet of the Symboite" arc? Cause it's been less than lackluster so far...