Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Rising7 View Post
    I kind of like how Venom has sort of changed for a new "bruiser" role on the team as opposed to what could be a "gun guy" role.

I will miss the gunslinging Agent Venom. I'm starting to feel Flash as Venom has run its course and with the right writer would enjoy a return to villain Eddie Venom (assuming there's room for that post Secret Wars). Of course, that would have the unfortunate effect of relegating Flash to the sidelines again and I have grown fond of his character.

I will say one drawback could be less contrast between subdued Venom and "hulked out" Venom.
    Honestly though it just round out the Guardians 2 Blast (Star Lord and Rocket), 2 Scrap (Drax and Gamora), 2 Bruise (Groot and Venom), instead of 3 Blast, 2 Scrap, 1 Bruise

Was that Valkyrie in the beginning, what issue did that happen in?

I like it given the space setting.

Quote Originally Posted by the nomad View Post
    Was that Valkyrie in the beginning, what issue did that happen in?
    it was Val and it was a dream.

I imagine it was a flashback to a moment that happened sometime before Flash left Earth. As far as I know, he and Val are still "together" on a casual basis.

I really liked the explanation of corrupted symbiotes. It also gives a deeper explanation of why Flash used to lose control and the 'real' Venom would take over. Over time I guess Flash began to heal Venom in a way.

Under other circumstances I would miss the Eddie Venom but Flash Venom has become such a great character that I want it to continue.

So what IS the deal with the symbiote planet? They're all actually super good and only try to help people?

...so did they ever explain why the Symbiote was in that machine way back in Secret Wars (the original) #8? I always figured it was in some kind of prison for being a baaaaaaaaaaad symbiote.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    awful. just awful.
    Yeah, I don't get it either. :-/

I'm not a fan of this new look and the explanation on why they changed it just makes me want them to get Venom away from Bendis asap because he keeps getting worse in appearance as time goes on. Essentially they keep trying for something more akin to classic Venom but the problem is exactly that; it's not classic Venom, it's a completely different character under completely different circumstances. One reason I loved the Agent Venom so much was that it showed a uniqueness that showed Flash make Venom his own. Now he's just like every other previous Venom with a huge muscular build and rather than it being interesting, it just feels generic.

This is unfortunate. I really did prefer the original Agent Venom look. If they wanted a more original Venom look they might as well give it back to Brock.

Put a red cape on him now and he looks like Spawn.

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by resipsaloquitur View Post
    ...so did they ever explain why the Symbiote was in that machine way back in Secret Wars (the original) #8? I always figured it was in some kind of prison for being a baaaaaaaaaaad symbiote.
    I thought that Venom was in the machine because Venom's home planet was part of Battleworld.
    Currently Reading in Single Issues/Trades:
    Marvel:Hulk (NOW), Ant-Man (NOW), Avengers: Time Runs Out,
    DC:Earth 2, Superman: Earth One, The Flash,
    Titan: Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Doctor Who: Four Doctors,
    Upcoming:
    Secret Wars: Planet Hulk, The Last Days of Ant-Man, House of M,
    Marvel:Totally Awesome Hulk, Astonishing Ant-Man, Carnage,
    DC:Earth 2: Society,
    Titan:Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Year 2, Doctor Who: The Eighth Doctor,
    Co-Editor of CBR's Age of Marvel Amazing Line

New Venom look? I dig it. I am not certain though, did the sentience of symbiotes say this was a new one? Like the original Venom is 100% back on his home world?!?!?!?! Flash has a more balanced (Stable) Symbiote in tune with his genetics?

I hate how there is apparently 3 Starlords. 1 here, 1 in Legendary Star-Lord, and the last in Guardians 3000. Not so much the last one (Guardians 3000 RULES and is better written by a longshot), but the first 2 not jiving with one Quill hanging out with Kitty, and the other getting beat up by a Symbiote and getting Elected Leader of Spartax. Editorial work anyone?

So no reboot after Secret Wars (2015)?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I'm not a fan of this new look and the explanation on why they changed it just makes me want them to get Venom away from Bendis asap because he keeps getting worse in appearance as time goes on. Essentially they keep trying for something more akin to classic Venom but the problem is exactly that; it's not classic Venom, it's a completely different character under completely different circumstances. One reason I loved the Agent Venom so much was that it showed a uniqueness that showed Flash make Venom his own. Now he's just like every other previous Venom with a huge muscular build and rather than it being interesting, it just feels generic.
    This. I think this is what most people are complaining about. The fact that Bendis wants to keep backsliding Venom back to the way he was when Brock had the symbiote without actually giving it back to him. There was nothing wrong with how Agent Venom looked before, it was more personalized and unique to Flash's military background. This new design, in addition to being forced, seems like it probably would have been something better for Brock if he had still had the symbiote and was trying to play hero full time.