Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

I like that Venom tries new looks or new bodies.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Awful. Just awful. Thanks Bendys.
    Cyclops was right

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rx-78-2 View Post
    So something will actually happen in this "Planet of the Symboite" arc? Cause it's been less than lackluster so far...
    This. Where the actual planet? All we've gotten is the symbiote hopping from one Guardian to the next in a ham-handed, boring manner. Flash Venom has been been horribly underused while in the GoTG.

As to this costume, I actually like the new look although I do hope that he goes monstrous at least a few times.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    This. Where the actual planet? All we've gotten is the symbiote hopping from one Guardian to the next in a ham-handed, boring manner. Flash Venom has been been horribly underused while in the GoTG.
    It's been a laughable bottle episode of who's next, with no development to Flash or the symbiote. At least they remembered they added Captain Marvel last ish, BMB has made her as useless as Angela.

Incredible Member RobertoDaCosta's Avatar

"The new look makes its debut as part of the "Planet of the Symbiotes" storyline from writer Brian Michael Bendis and artist Valerio Schiti. The arc has found Flash Thompson returning to the planet that spawned the Venom symbiote, thus revealing a secret that the Marvel Universe has kept since the alien organism's initial debut thirty years ago."

This is bulls***! this hasn't happened, and there's no indication it will happen in just one issue left before the Black Vortex!
    Bring back Ultimate Dazzler!!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    It's home. So it sorta reverted. It's kinda like taking out all your piercings and covering any tattoos before visiting the folks, just so they don't give you a hassle while you do your laundry.
    This is awesome!
    Currently Reading: A handful of series that will be canceled soon.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Why?
    It's still the symbiote, what does it's look matter to a bunch of aliens? The team isn't really concerned about the his look, it's does he get the job done.

This is being done just to do it....and maybe have another toy variant to put out when need be.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Radar Sense Bitches !! Matt Murdock's Swagger's Avatar

Face looks like "Spawn".

Incredible Member

Kind of have mixed feelings about the new design, on the one hand it's kinda interesting but on the other I really liked the previous to iterations they had set up for Flash as Agent Venom. The new design is supposed to be something of a throwback to when Eddie Brock first emerged as Venom but at the same time isn't Venom's overall appearance supposed to vary from host to host and depend on the attributes of the person in possession of the symbiote at the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    This is being done just to do it....and maybe have another toy variant to put out when need be.
    and thanks to Spider Verse then can easily make figures of all the various Spider People. heck, most would just be a simple repaint.

The Agent Venom look was great this not so much.
    We need better comics

Fantastic Member

I kind of like how Venom has sort of changed for a new "bruiser" role on the team as opposed to what could be a "gun guy" role.

I will miss the gunslinging Agent Venom. I'm starting to feel Flash as Venom has run its course and with the right writer would enjoy a return to villain Eddie Venom (assuming there's room for that post Secret Wars). Of course, that would have the unfortunate effect of relegating Flash to the sidelines again and I have grown fond of his character.

I will say one drawback could be less contrast between subdued Venom and "hulked out" Venom.

iMan 42s

I don't like the design. What made Venom a threat was that he was stronger than spiderman and knew everything he did. The symbiote made Eddie a dark Doppleganger and showed what happens when Peter is on the receiving end. This looks like mech venom. I know flash isn't as big as Brock but this is silly.
    This misses the point of Brock and his look. It misses the point of why that look worked so well. Flash should be a bit bigger but this is definitely not the way to do it.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by rx-78-2 View Post
    So something will actually happen in this "Planet of the Symboite" arc? Cause it's been less than lackluster so far...
    I'd say it was worth the build up, Issue 23 was crazy. Very informative. And I loved the new suit and the reasoning behind it. Issue 22 was pretty lame, though, it was just an excuse to show all the other Guardians in Venom suit.

Quote Originally Posted by HankSantana View Post
    I'd say it was worth the build up, Issue 23 was crazy. Very informative. And I loved the new suit and the reasoning behind it. Issue 22 was pretty lame, though, it was just an excuse to show all the other Guardians in Venom suit.
    If you ever wanted to know about the origin of the symbiote it's awesome. To others it'd be like visiting Yoda's homeworld and finding a young Yoda species Jedi there. I like the new "Venom" but I also love Agent Venom. I really hope Venom stays on Guardians of the Galaxy. But what does it matter if 616 ends?