Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post
    First part was interesting, considering Karn was shown early on in Edge and then rarely appeared.

The second part with May was just sad though. I really get it now why Deflaco wrote Spider-Girl with May winning the day and nothing bad sticking with her. I can see the line with her hoping theres another reality where everything is ok as Deflaco saying that he wants one true, but there probably isn't. And at the same time knowning how Secret Wars will "End the Marvel Universe", it's not surprising to see Marvel eliminate a side universe and not address it again in Secret Wars.
    You bring up a good point. Karn was a complete no show for a good month or two now and it seems like this issue is hamstringing him into the story again. Odd he wasn't more important to the main narrative.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post
    I can see the line with her hoping theres another reality where everything is ok as Deflaco saying that he wants one true, but there probably isn't.s.
    Except there is.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    DeFalco said we had to read the issue "very carefully". This was designed more or less to test Mayday's fans knowledge of the character so they could easily deduce that this is NOT "our" Mayday without treading on Slott's story.
    Now THAT's is a way for Spider-girl fans to have their cake and eat it too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Basically, Defalco created a door just in case.
    One where the Spider-girl history as it is known and love still exist in someway, shape and form.

The good kind of noise SpiderOrange's Avatar

Decent issue I think. But the Karn stuff doesn't make sense...
    "This. Right here. This is where my life officially jumped the shark." Miles Morales
    "No, that was back on Cowboy world", Ultimate Cartoon Spidey
    ASM Vol 3, #12

Ugh, I'm so disappointed!

The only issue that's Anya centric and it turns out it was a story about Karn!

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderOrange View Post
    Decent issue I think. But the Karn stuff doesn't make sense...
    It felt really lazy to me how he just changes his mind even though he's hundreds of years old!

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    DeFalco said we had to read the issue "very carefully". This was designed more or less to test Mayday's fans knowledge of the character so they could easily deduce that this is NOT "our" Mayday without treading on Slott's story.
    Is there a link for this?
    Spectre: You did this. You have done what I thought impossible. You have forced peace. The whole world. It feels....ordered. The evil is still there in people, but they're afraid to act.

Superman: They know I'm watching.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vexham28 View Post
    Is there a link for this?
    http://www.comicboards.com/php/show....&layout=thread

After a bit of confusion, it seems that Ron Frenz, Sal Buscema and I are getting the band back together for the brand new, 10 page Spider-Girl story that will appear in SPIDER-VERSE TEAM-UP #3.

This story will contain our usual quota of action and angst--with a little extra HOO-HA--just for the fun of it! I know this Spider-Verse event has upset a lot of our loyal fans, but--trust us--you are going to want to read this story. We are doing it just for you so please read it carefully. You'll be so glad you did.

Let's show the powers-that-be that "the little comic that could" still has her fans and they deserve to be heard. Go to your local comic book store and order a copy of SPIDER-VERSE TEAM-UP #3 today. Let's drive up the numbers for one last HOO-HA!

Thanks for being there!
    Tom D.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    One where the Spider-girl history as it is known and love still exist in someway, shape and form.
    Pretty much.
    Mooper Films

Quote Originally Posted by Mooper Films View Post
    Pretty much.
    Is Mooper Films a real thing?

MMMMM..... I am still standing by my theory that Karn becomes the Master Weaver. I mean, the first part came true: he does betray his family. Agh I'm so anxious to find out what happens.

And other than all the Defalco leaving doors and what not for Mayday, I didn't particularly like the 2nd story. Not sure what the proper take away from it was.
    "Once you're an avenger, it never fails. Sooner or later, the time comes when it's your turn to step up to the plate. Just make sure you're ready"

Quote Originally Posted by Mwriteword View Post
    MMMMM..... I am still standing by my theory that Karn becomes the Master Weaver. I mean, the first part came true: he does betray his family. Agh I'm so anxious to find out what happens.

And other than all the Defalco leaving doors and what not for Mayday, I didn't particularly like the 2nd story. Not sure what the proper take away from it was.
    Agree with you on the second story. It was written for the die hard fans imo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nosocialize View Post
    It was written for the die hard fans imo.
    Anything with Mayday pretty much always is, hence why it has such hard a time staying afloat when revived.

on the one hand, i’m glad the “clue” wasn’t something silly like the size of mayday’s lats. on the other, if it is simply pointing out that there are infinite maydays out there, then that’s not new information it’s just a reiteration of everything readers already know. it doesn’t create a backdoor, simply reminds people there is already one there. just like there’s infinite ben reillys, kaines and spider gwens in the multiverse but only one of each featured in spiderverse.