Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Does The 616/ Ultimate Merger Mean That We Will Have Two Spider-Men?

616's Peter Parker and Ultimate's Miles Morales?

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Yeah probably. Miles may get a new #1
    X-Men Forever

Ultimate Member

I'd like to see it, it'd be cool. Peter as the older, more experienced/mature hero mentoring Miles the younger/eager/but still green one. I'd love to see that.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

We'll have tons of Spider-Men.

- 616 Spider-Man
    - Ultimate Spider-Man (and isn't Ultimate Peter still technically alive or is that a clone and did I mishear that?)
    - Renew Your Vows Spidey (Married to MJ and with a daughter)
    - Civil War Spidey (Married? Identity Known?)
    - 2099 Spidey
    - Spider Island Spidey?

And possibly others.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    - Ultimate Spider-Man (and isn't Ultimate Peter still technically alive or is that a clone and did I mishear that?).
    Bendis never committed to a real answer regarding Ultimate Peter's revival

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    Bendis never committed to a real answer regarding Ultimate Peter's revival
    Right, guess we'll never get an answer now.

BANNED

For Secret Wars, yes, technically there's two -- or more, if you include Spider-Island -- Spider-Men running around. But Miles will be dealing with whatever crisis in the merged Manhattans while Peter is in the Regency. Bigger spotlight for Miles until the event ends, but then I think he'll go back to the Ultimate U.

I'm hoping they don't re-retcon the spider-marriage back. i've grown to dislike mary jane since then. also was hoping for some relationship of sorts with silk.

just hoping they don't try to make peter the older more experienced character and change his status quo just for the sake of having miles as the young spidey

After the merger, I am thinking we'll have Miles and Peter. But we do know (or highly suspect) that there is already a Miles in the 616, just the same as there is already a Peter in the Ultimate Universe. Seems we can't have two Miles and two Peters running around after the merger. So do they kill one of each or pull a DC and rework the entire universe as if it had always been that way?

I'm more wondering what they are going to do just before the merger, what the status quo will look like for each Spider-Man. This is sort of a free play for Marvel, like they had with Civil War just before OMD for Spider-Man. Anything could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Yeah probably. Miles may get a new #1
    They're ending Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man sometime soon, so yeah
    "Once you're an avenger, it never fails. Sooner or later, the time comes when it's your turn to step up to the plate. Just make sure you're ready"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tron View Post
    Ii've grown to dislike mary jane since then.
    Poor writing and deliberate character assassination tends to result in such points of view.

Stick with the daily strip version of MJ. Way more feisty, fun, lovable and loyal.
    Last edited by Cameron Samurai; 01-21-2015 at 02:52 PM.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I get the feeling that Peter is going to end up younger in this new, merged, universe.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I get the feeling that Peter is going to end up younger in this new, merged, universe.
    That would be right, as Ultimate Peter is presently alive and well. No need for 616 Peter to deage one jot.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tron View Post
    I'm hoping they don't re-retcon the spider-marriage back. i've grown to dislike mary jane since then. also was hoping for some relationship of sorts with silk.

just hoping they don't try to make peter the older more experienced character and change his status quo just for the sake of having miles as the young spidey
    Why not Peter Parker and Jessica Drew, which might have been far more interesting than Silk.

We don't know if the merger will be for the secret wars event only or for good. If the 616 & 1610 merge we'd technically have more than 2 Spier-Men going around (616 Peter, revived(?) 1610 Peter, 1610 Miles, 616 Jessica Drew, 1610 Jessica Drew, etc.). It'd be kind of dumb in my opinion if the universes merge for good, unless it means that 616 Peter & 1610 Peter merge into one? I guess that would solve the problem of having two Peters around but really, I don't even know at this point.